The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? - Page 2 Vote_lcapwerdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? - Page 2 Voting_barwerdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? - Page 2 Vote_lcapwerdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? - Page 2 Voting_barwerdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia???

Go down 
+3
Triggerman99
Krieger
drainbamage
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7966

werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia???   werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 3:25 am

hey, i wonder where ill be in this argument.
fedor was the best in the world. how quickly that is forgotten. When the consensus was unilaterally the same throughout, that pride had the best competition, fedor dominated. Everyone was on juice and he still beat them. And i would eat my work shoes if i learn that he did any ped's, he is too religious and proud for that. And not in the Romero way religious, but in taking his dignity seriously way. I read his russian interviews and see how he is back there. Although he is a dick in ways of being too conservative and nationalistic, he does hold himself in high regard with being honest.
So, he beat big nog twice, cro-cop too, when both where monsters, beat raging Colman twice. At that time ufc had arlovski and Timmeh, that is it. And he later beat them too.
His fall was largely due to the damage and wear and tear catching up. He has admitted so himself. And i think he was going through a divorce or something.
He decided to retire.
Now that he is healed up and healthy, has come back but obviously just to get some money. and maybe to stick it to ufc. Seems like he and Dana really didnt get along.
Unless he signs with ufc now, i wont consider his return a proper one, but his skill cannot be doubted. His striking, although seemingly sloppy, is purposeful and precise and very fast. When he is grappling, not too many can hold a candle to him.
id say, werdum can win because he might keep him at bay nowadays, jds may too, if he fights like he did rothwell, but who else. The rest would get hit, very hard.
But, who cares, he will probably never come over to ufc. He'll crush a newly roided up wandy and get paid millions.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10259

PostSubject: Re: werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia???   werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 10:40 am

excellent post commie and I agree with you

matt mentioned that he beat arlovski in his dark days but he must of forgot that arlovski at the time of the fedor fight was a top ranked HW on a 5 fight win streak with wins over rothwell, werdum, nelson with only 2 loses in the previous 7 years only to the ufc champion tim Sylvia. fedor put arlovski into his dark ages.

you bring up an excellent point about pride and juice too. he fought the best of the best in pride and these guys were straight animals and fedor would demolish them but no one ever gives him credit for it. Whats really funny is how so many people talk about how great mma was back in the days of pride and how great the fights were and the competition until fedor is mentioned then the story shifts. How could people forget wars with crocop, nog, herring etc and because he didn't fight in the ufc after all of that he isn't a top HW?? that's just insane to me. the UFC HW belt has never been defended more than twice in the history of the belt.. who is an elite HW in the UFC that makes them so good? a cain velasquez who has wins over 2 guys in 7 years? Junior dos santos whose record is spotty and he is questionable as a fighter? stipe miocic whos biggest wins were against a 42 year old mark hunt or a 37 year old arlovski?? most of the other guys fedor has faced in their primes.

its literally hysterical how anyone could call todays HW division elite and completely disregard that the majority of the top 10 today in 2016 is from the same pride guys who were in their primes without over 10 years of grueling fights added to them..

its crazy how much hate this guy gets because he wouldn't fight in the UFC for less money than conor fucking McGregor who has done absolutely nothing for the sport gets.. Unreal
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59451

PostSubject: Re: werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia???   werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 11:15 am

the commie wrote:

Now that he is healed up and healthy, has come back but obviously just to get some money. and maybe to stick it to ufc. Seems like he and Dana really didnt get along.
Unless he signs with ufc now, i wont consider his return a proper one

Agree with this.
Pretty much what I've been saying,  and it's a huge stretch to try and say otherwise.
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16396

PostSubject: Re: werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia???   werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 12:25 pm

^^^this.... and I don't really see how he sticking it to anybody other than himself by not legitimizing and legacy he may or may not still have
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5738

PostSubject: Re: werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia???   werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 12:45 pm

Didn't he retire and become a bread baking monk or something? Cause Monk bread making does cost a lot of rubles.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia???   werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 3:29 pm

That would be a sweet new nickname for him.

Fedor "Monk Bread" Emelianenko
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7966

PostSubject: Re: werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia???   werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 4:30 am

that was his retarded brother

and when i said that he wanted to stick it to ufc i meant that he may have decided to promote another org. in order to bring the monopoly down.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia???   werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 7:48 am

Yeah that was actually Aleks the serial rapist and all around awful human being.

Guy bakes a hell of a loaf of bread, though.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10259

PostSubject: Re: werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia???   werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 10:46 am

werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? - Page 2 Emelianenko_monsatery_vice_670
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5738

PostSubject: Re: werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia???   werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 11:32 am

I would NOT buy a loaf of bread from that man.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia???   werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 3:07 pm

I'm arts-and-craftsy Aleks Emelianenko, and I have cable!!

werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? - Page 2 Aleks10

Don't be like this Aleks.

Upgrade to DirecTV today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia???   werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia???
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2