The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? Vote_lcapwerdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? Voting_barwerdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? Vote_lcapwerdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? Voting_barwerdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia???

Go down 
+3
Triggerman99
Krieger
drainbamage
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10244

werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? Empty
PostSubject: werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia???   werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 9:15 am

UFC Heavyweight Champion Fabricio Werdum took to social media on Monday to reveal his desire to fight Fedor Emelianenko in a rematch of their historic fight from years back, which Werdum won.

Werdum defeated Fedor at the Strikeforce/M-1 Global co-promoted event on Showtime back in June of 2010, ending Fedor’s legendary undefeated streak and becoming the first person to legitimately beat Fedor in a MMA fight.

Tsuyoshi Kosaka had defeated Fedor via cut stoppage in a RINGS fight, but no one ever considered that a “real loss.”

Werdum took to Instagram on Monday and posted the following message, revealing his desire to fight Fedor in a rematch of their historic fight as the UFC’s first main event in Chechenia:

“I wish that, one day in the near future, Fedor and I can fight in the first UFC in Chechenia. I think this would be a glorious inaugural event in Chechenia, and I think the fans would love to see this competition between two legends. I know that Chechenia has a rich history in combative sports, and I also know that the president of Chechenia is a huge MMA Fan. He has his own team and he passionately invests and supports our sport. I would hope to make this dream come true someday.”

http://www.mmanews.com/fabricio-werdum-says-he-wants-to-fight-fedor-in-ufcs-debut-in-chechenia/
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5723

PostSubject: Re: werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia???   werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 10:12 am

Yeah and thats a fight that has a probability of happening. The Paper Emperor signing to fight someone who has a real chance of beating the life out of him.... NEVER HAPPEN

I cringe when I look at the Heavy Weight division in the UFC these days .... Kinda looks like the Bellator waiting list.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia???   werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 10:20 am

fedor signs with ufc in 2016/2017 - 100%

the HW division has always been weak and hopefully they could get a bunch of young new talent because with the exception of 1 or 2 guys the entire roster are senior citizens and injury prone.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59436

PostSubject: Re: werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia???   werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 11:13 am

drainbamage wrote:
fedor signs with ufc in 2016/2017 - 100%

Neutral

And what exactly indicates that will happen?
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia???   werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 12:51 pm

a little birdy has told me...

its going to happen mark my words

Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16381

PostSubject: Re: werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia???   werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 1:59 pm

couldn't care any less about fedor or where he lands....only fights he wins anymore are vs cans...he doesn't beat ant top 10 guy in the ufc today
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia???   werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 4:33 pm

i dont agree but maybe youre right. I think he still has something left to put on exciting fights. shit id even like to see him cut to 205 that would be really interesting
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

PostSubject: Re: werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia???   werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 4:56 pm

I think hed do much better at 205 but still not sure how much he would even stir that division up
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia???   werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 10:37 pm

Yeah I think he knows his market moving forward is can-crushing and getting paid well to do it.

God speed.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7951

PostSubject: Re: werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia???   werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 3:22 am

what the hell is chechenia. and the president of that chechenia is a fucking dangerous moron that should not be awarded such attention.
on another note, werdum's boxing has improved a lot since their fight, where fedor has put him down and just got caught in the excitement of the finish. this time the fight would be more technical on the feet but i still think fedor has the edge in the striking game, its just that, i agree, he doesnt sem to want to fight for real anymore. not that i blame him, it is the most grueling, tasking and dangerous sport. no one walks away healthy from it.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5723

PostSubject: Re: werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia???   werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 11:47 am

I don't know about "The Most" .... Bull Riding is a pretty tough sport might be a tad more grueling, tasking and dangerous and entertainingly gruesome. Love watching "cowboys" getting stomped by a pissed off bull....

As aside to this is I am not aware of any female bull riders nor female bulls.... wait what?
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22842

PostSubject: Re: werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia???   werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 2:16 pm

I pretty much agree with Trigger on this one... it's the most lucrative and least dangerous decision. Crush cans til they stop coming in... maybe go to Bellator. But I doubt he will ever sign with the UFC.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia???   werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 9:26 am

its the same thing that was said about arlovski-- until he got a career resurgence in the ufc and everyone roots for him..

its the same thing said about overeem- until he started succeeding in the ufc and now most people feel he could be the next ufc champion.

the list goes on with multiple fighters but for some reason fedor is always placed in a different category.. I pray fedor goes to the UFC and works his way up to being a champion there because he is 100% capable of doing this and it might be with relative ease.

without a doubt the guy who holds the current hw belt is truly the best and most rounded HW out. every single other HW is either very spotty in the fights they have, are injured on a daily basis and can not commit to fights, or are too new to consider elite. Fedor would match up well against every top ranked fighter and without a doubt can finish them in multiple ways. with the exception of werdum there isn't a more well rounded fighter that could end the fight in multiple ways than fedor
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

PostSubject: Re: werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia???   werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 11:05 am

who has fedor beaten in the last 5 years that would make anybody think he can hang with the elite hw's in the ufc?....and nothing he did in pride has any relevance due to the FACT that the majority of the guys who fought for pride were on the juice and in a round about way incouraged to juice up.....all the other guys mentioned above and I'm sure some that weren't came and tested the waters and weren't afraid join the ufc and fight the best except fedor....hes the only one who did everything in his power to stay away from top level competition and as soon as he did fight top guys....he was destroyed and 1 whooping included a beat down from a mw......im sorry but the fedor legacy is extremely tainted and borderline mythological...
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia???   werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 11:15 am

drainbamage wrote:
its the same thing that was said about arlovski-- until he got a career resurgence in the ufc and everyone roots for him..

its the same thing said about overeem- until he started succeeding in the ufc and now most people feel he could be the next ufc champion.

the list goes on with multiple fighters but for some reason fedor is always placed in a different category.

Nobody ever said the same things about the guys you listed as they say about Fedor because they never did or are not currently doing what Fedor is.

Arlovski never went and willingly chose crushing cans over fighting in the UFC. He was in the UFC, fell from grace, went elsewhere, and tried to get back in the UFC, which he eventually did. He didn't willingly turn down the UFC to instead beat up on inferior fighters for more money, he went back to UFC as soon as he was able.

Overeem was always a top fighter outside of the UFC and then came to the UFC. He had mixed results, and eventually found some level of success against top UFC heavyweights. That's pretty much exactly what everyone said Fedor could and should do, yet he didn't and still doesn't, and instead opts to crush cans for big paydays.

This is why Fedor is always placed in a different category than those fighters. Because he puts himself there.
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

PostSubject: Re: werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia???   werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 11:25 am

werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? 5204148
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia???   werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 12:12 pm

norcalmatt wrote:
who has fedor beaten in the last 5 years that would make anybody think he can hang with the elite hw's in the ufc?....and nothing he did in pride has any relevance due to the FACT that the majority of the guys who fought for pride were on the juice and in a round about way incouraged to juice up.....all the other guys mentioned above and I'm sure some that weren't came and tested the waters and weren't afraid join the ufc and fight the best except fedor....hes the only one who did everything in his power to stay away from top level competition and as soon as he did fight top guys....he was destroyed and 1 whooping included a beat down from a mw......im sorry but the fedor legacy is extremely tainted and borderline mythological...

he hasn't beaten anyone.

the majority of the guys in the ufc were juiced up until about a year ago so does that count for all the fighters or just for fedor? lets not forget 2 or the 3 defeats came from guys who were on juice.

he fought top level opponents for most of his career he just didn't do it in the ufc. he didn't need to because his resume is enough.

name one HW that has the credentials that fedor has..
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia???   werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 12:15 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:

drainbamage wrote:

the list goes on with multiple fighters but for some reason fedor is always placed in a different category.

Nobody ever said the same things about the guys you listed as they say about Fedor because they never did or are not currently doing what Fedor is.

Arlovski never went and willingly chose crushing cans over fighting in the UFC. He was in the UFC, fell from grace, went elsewhere, and tried to get back in the UFC, which he eventually did. He didn't willingly turn down the UFC to instead beat up on inferior fighters for more money, he went back to UFC as soon as he was able.

Overeem was always a top fighter outside of the UFC and then came to the UFC. He had mixed results, and eventually found some level of success against top UFC heavyweights. That's pretty much exactly what everyone said Fedor could and should do, yet he didn't and still doesn't, and instead opts to crush cans for big paydays.

This is why Fedor is always placed in a different category than those fighters. Because he puts himself there.

I don't understand how crushing cans can equate with names of people he fought. Think about what youre saying.. please tell me a fighter in the HW division that has fought more top tier than fedor..
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia???   werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 12:32 pm

I know I'm alone here but ill go down swinging best I can..

FEDOR has fought and beat
ricardo arona
babalu- who was 19-2 at the time
heath herring
big nog x 2
mark coleman x 2
kevin Randleman
zuluzinho- this was when he was undefeated and was koing everyone he faced and fedor made him submit to punches under 30 seconds - everyone was hyping zuluzinho to be a huge superstar
crop cop
mark hunt
matt linland
tim Sylvia- in his prime
arlovski-
monsoon
pedro Rizzo

FEDOR LOST
Henderson
werdum
silva

I'm waiting for anyone to give me a hw that has accomplished as much as this man...

any hate that this guy gets is absolutely insane.. I am so pissed he never fought in the ufc yet but I am definitely not mad at the talent he has faced beaten or got beat by.. its completely ridiculous to bash this guy in any way

Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35184

PostSubject: Re: werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia???   werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 12:51 pm

I certainly would give Fedor a chance at the current UFC heavyweight division.
We are talking about a division where Hunt, Arlovski, Rothwell, and Lewis have gotten more attention than they probably should have in the last year. Guys like Cain and JDS maybe fight once a year.

Sure, maybe Fedor gets crushed today, but I don't see any world beaters outside the top 1 or 2 in the current HW division. Other than Werdum, I don't see one guy he'd be any worse than a +150 underdog.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia???   werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 3:04 pm

drainbamage wrote:

Triggerman99 wrote:

drainbamage wrote:

I don't understand how crushing cans can equate with names of people he fought. Think about what youre saying.. please tell me a fighter in the HW division that has fought more top tier than fedor..

You're not getting what I'm saying.

I didn't say all he has ever done is crush cans. I'm saying that's what he's doing now and has been for the last several years while these other guys are striving to fight the best in the UFC right now.
You brought up guys like Arlovski and Overeem and said it's a double standard or that Fedor is being held to a different standard that these guys aren't and it's unjustly unfair to him, and I pointed out that this is simply not the case. What he's doing is flat-out not the same thing as what the fighters you provided as examples are doing, when he most certainly COULD be doing what they're doing. But he's choosing not to. So it's not a double standard, it's just Fedor choosing to crush cans for big money instead of fighting in the UFC.

I don't Know
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

PostSubject: Re: werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia???   werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 3:33 pm

and what I'm getting at is the obvious rapid decline as soon as pride went under and guys moved orgs.....we saw 80% stop performing the same with in 6 months to a year....not all of the pride guys did bad but we didn't see rampage pick anybody up over his head and slam them like we all thought we would and several other expectations weren't met after the transition away from pride and japan.....now had fedor had any degree of the same success outside of pride and japan that he had in prid, well then I would see a much more valid case in his defense.....but like I said before, he ran fast and hard away from the ufc and elite competition that he didn't have control over and like I said above...when he did get going in elite xc/strikeforce and that other one he did for a second he only did well against cans and freak shows.....

"I'm waiting for anyone to give me a hw that has accomplished as much as this man.."

randy couture comes to mind
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia???   werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 5:11 pm

what he is doing is different from these guys because he is more valuable from his resume, he fought in the premier fight league for years in pride, left that and went to affliction where he fought top talent, left that and went to what I consider the top hw fight roster in strikeforce, then went to M1 to fight in Russia and retired. Yes he had a few throw fights but he has always faced top talent and should be paid for his resume and name. If the UFC is trying to offer fedor 1500 in reebok sponsorship, and 190k to show and fight ( going off of overeem numbers ) it doesn't make sense for him at this point. those guys in the ufc are striving to fight the best because the HW division is so thin and the UFC acquired Strikeforce because the talent there was undeniable so they made a smart business move by buying them out and getting these guys into contracts that were peanuts for what they are worth. Arlovski was getting paid 42k guaranteed to fight so they did what they needed to do to try and stay relevant and to get paid but that was their maximum they could get. believe me if any of those guys were being offered big money elsewhere they would spread wings and fly.

and lets also not forget this man was retired for a few years. Lets see what this year brings and lets see if he is in the UFC by this time next year.

matt- what decline are you talking about? that is just crazy for you to say that.. after pride he beat matt linland who at the time was a beast, then he beat 2 ufc champions in a combined time under 4 minutes, then he fought top talent at strikeforce and did his best there.

most of the pride guys excelled far past what they did in pride. I don't know if youre being serious or not. almost half of the top 10 are former pride fighters and its almost 2017. think about how many pride guys went to different orgs and became champions or top 5 fighters.

and lets be clear here because I don't think you guys understand this

fedor ducked? fought cans? etc

strikeforce HW roster where fedor fought
fedor -- just out of retirement
werdum - champion
Barnett top 10 fighter
cormier- champion
overeem- #3 ranked HW
arlovski- top 10 fighter
sergei- hope he is still fighting because hes a beast
silva - top 15 fighter
rogers- who cares

Affliction MMA HW Roster where fedor fought
fedor -- just came out of retirement
werdum - champion
Sylvia - retired or cant make weight
arlovski- top 5 HW
rothwell - tp 5 HW
Barnett - top 10 HW
Rizzo - Scrub
buentello - scrub
yvel- retired

UFC HW Roster 2009 /2011 who people say fedor ducked
cain - wins over 2 different guys in last 6 plus years top 10
lesnar - retired left the sport
mir - popped for juicing retired
big nog - retired
carwin - doesn't fight never a big win
Gonzaga - needs to retire
kongo - bellator
cro cop -- retired
jds -- top 5 fighter

2011 the ufc HW Roster
brock- retired
mir- juice /retired
big nog- retired
cain- top5
jds- top 5
reem- #3 ranked
nelson- top 15
hunt- top 10
rothwell- top 5
browne- top 10
mitrione- bellator
schaub- retired

for the most part each org had almost equal talent so just because ufc is the most popular that doesn't equate to the best.

and Matt coutures only notable wins at hw is Sylvia and randleman! no other wins to mention

Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

PostSubject: Re: werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia???   werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 7:04 pm

the decline I'm talking about wasn't aimed at 1 specific fighter but the bunch....like I said...not all did or are doing poorly but it was obvious that there was some funny business over in pride when most of the guys looked like WAY different fighters....again...not saying the results were all bad but the difference was pretty clear.....and then when fedor did all he could to stay away from the ufc (who had killer hw's at the time) it made me lose interest/respect for him and question how elite he really is....2007 was the last time he had a solid respectable win vs lindland.....the aa fight was during arlovskis "dark period" and before that there are only5-6 top 5 names on his resume......

its all good....im just not sold on fedor and don't see him being any threat to either lhw or hw belts......and I feel like when the time was right and or important for him to redeem himself or silence the nay sayers like me he ran and did everything in his power to stay safe by hiding behind fecalstain and m1 and refusing to do anything without co promoting.....at this point ill agree to disagree about the guy
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia???   werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 8:14 pm

drainbamage wrote:

what he is doing is different from these guys because he is more valuable from his resume, he fought in the premier fight league for years in pride, left that and went to affliction where he fought top talent, left that and went to what I consider the top hw fight roster in strikeforce, then went to M1 to fight in Russia and retired. Yes he had a few throw fights but he has always faced top talent and should be paid for his resume and name. If the UFC is trying to offer fedor 1500 in reebok sponsorship, and 190k to show and fight ( going off of overeem numbers ) it doesn't make sense for him at this point. those guys in the ufc are striving to fight the best because the HW division is so thin and the UFC acquired Strikeforce because the talent there was undeniable so they made a smart business move by buying them out and getting these guys into contracts that were peanuts for what they are worth. Arlovski was getting paid 42k guaranteed to fight so they did what they needed to do to try and stay relevant and to get paid but that was their maximum they could get. believe me if any of those guys were being offered big money elsewhere they would spread wings and fly.

Again, I'm talking about the here and now, not his career resume. He just came out of retirement, almost certainly had the option to sign with the UFC if he chose to, did not, then went and fought a can of cans for a bigger payday, and all signs indicate that that's what he's going to continue doing.
If he'd rather pound clowns than go to the UFC where most of the top CURRENT heavyweights reside and continue to test himself, then fine. If he wants to pad his bank account fighting guys with single-digit pro-MMA fights, then great; nothing wrong with that!

But you made the statement that "the list goes on with multiple fighters (Arlovski, Overeem) but for some reason fedor is always placed in a different category", when that clearly is not the case at all, regardless of if "he is more valuable from his resume". Again, I'm not debating his resume. I'm simply saying you can't sit there and say that there's a double standard and provide the examples you provided and try to act like he's being treated unfairly when those fighters you listed DID make the effort at this point in their careers to get back to where the top fighters are and compete against them, and Fedor clearly is NOT doing that. You can debate what he's worth all you like, but at the end of the day he's all about the money right now, not the challenge, which is what I said in the first place, and which is what makes the fighters you mentioned different than him.

I'll assume the rest of that post was not directed at me, because it has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia???   werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia??? Empty

Back to top Go down

werdum calling out fedor - fight in russia???
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next