The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* Vote_lcapThe Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* Voting_barThe Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* Vote_lcapThe Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* Voting_barThe Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*

Go down 
+3
Triggerman99
Chrom
samger2
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10253

The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* Empty
PostSubject: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 10:17 pm

What are everyone's thoughts so far?

I'm not sure if I'm going to really like this season or get really annoyed with Rousey's overly dramatic take on life and crying at the drop of a hat when Miesha steals her pudding at lunch.

Episode #2 was the absolute perfect example of never underestimating your opponent.  Shana didn't think that Julianna had a single chance of beating her...I would even guess she didn't put forth full effort in the gym based upon how full of herself she was before that fight.  I was fist pumping when Julianna choked her out.  

And then came the water works...from Ronda.  Wow, what a rotten loser...and then to say that Tate was "smiling at my girl's pain"...did you not see Miesha's fighter just win?  That's what the smiles were for, her own fighter/friends's joy...not Shana's pain...she didn't give two shits about Shana at that moment.

Oh well, WOMEN...what more can I say...

Last edited by Chrom on Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : stickied)
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22798

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 10:51 am

It's fuckin non-sense! Why in the fuck would Rousey choose that plan of action? Was it to help "her fighter" or was it to hurt her coaching opponent? I think it was a poor coaching choice on her part and I also think Baszler looked off. I don't know if she just went in too cocky or if she just took way too many shots right off the bat. I did notice one thing odd/upsetting; on the ground Baszler took about 14 shots to the back of the head, nothing was mentioned by the ref though... but we all saw who that was, so no surprise there.
Either way I'm sure we will see Baszler in at least one fight on a UFC card. Also I think we all know why she has been overlooked by the UFC thus far, even though she has beat a few of the now UFC girls. The UFC wants to promote pretty girls that fight, not just fighters who are girls. Even if they kick tons of ass, if you didn't have the look the UFC wasn't interested... until recently.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 11:10 am

Yeah Chrom...I noticed those sharp downward elbows to the top of the head too. And I agree she looked off, I do think it had alot to do with the shots she took right off the bat. Pena did EXACTLY what Tate told her to do, she went first, she came in guns blazing and caught Shana off guard, I agree with Tate, I don't think she wanted anything to do with her standup after Pena put the stamp on her right away.

Wow, I never thought of the "pretty" factor, but damn dude, you're exactly right...she's not as marketable...whereas someone like Pena who's an ass kicker and a girly girl would be a perfect fit much like Rousey and Tate.

If I can say one edge that Tate has over Rousey it's the mental game. Rousey is still super green in that aspect and it shows. She's never lost...Tate has...so Miesha putting a few team beatdowns on her this season may really play out in her favor. I'm not saying she's going to lose to Miesha...but they do say to NEVER go into a fight emotionally challenged like that.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59392

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 3:53 pm

Rousey is getting less and less tolerable to me with each episode. That whole "smiling at my girl's pain" is one of the most ridiculous, overly dramatic things I have ever seen. Like Samger said, WTF was she supposed to do? Her fighter just won, of course she's happy! Has Rousey never seen the show before? Has she never actually watched MMA before? Does she not celebrate when she herself wins a fight? So when Rousey's team wins a fight, Rousey should make sure that she doesn't celebrate, or else that will mean that she's "smiling at the pain" of the loser, right?
She's such a fuckin tool.

As far as the fight, it actually looked to me that Bazsler just gassed out. The first round was competitive, and I actually had Shana winning it by a small margin. But in the second round she couldn't get a TD, couldn't reverse position, couldn't defend strikes.....basicly couldn't do anything she was able to do in the first round.

And I don't really feel bad for Shana becuase she hasn't made it into the UFC yet. She had her chance to do that on this show, and instead of going out and proving she belonged, she chose to talk about how much better she is than Pena and put cards on her tits and brag about her greatness.
Yeah, probably should spent a little more time in the gym and a little less time on your perch.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 4:09 pm

Awesome post Trigger....agreed fully
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12558

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 6:07 am

Yeah the smiling at my fighters pain thing was a bit ridiculous, but I think that may have a bit to do With Ronda's need to dislike her opponent.  When Meisha first walked in Ronda was as nice as pie to her, but once the competition began she flipped the switch and went into hate mode.  I can actually somewhat understand that.
Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant are two of the best ever at what they do and they were pretty much dickheads.  Not everyone likes it, but I kind of understand it.

One thing though - I thought Ronda did get kind of fucked with the fight selection thing.  Since when do they have to decide the fight that second?  That's some BS.  The whole point of choosing to pick the fight when you win the coin flip is to stack the deck in your favor after you have seen them train for a bit.  Dana flipped the coin, ronda won and picked choose the fight and then dana pretty much said "ok whats the fight?"  She was like "uh i have to pick right now?"  Kind of sucked for her and took away her advantage imo.  I wonder if she would of picked the same matchup if she had more than 10 seconds to decide.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35140

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 6:50 am

I don't know. Rhonda seems like she doesn't give a shit about her fighters and just wants to somehow fuck over Tate.
If she really cared about her number one pick, she would have put her against the shittiest fighter on the other team right off the bat, and then let her get more experience and training (and for god sakes, work on her cardio) for the tougher fights.
No, she decides she is going to be a hard ass and use her #1 pick to call out the #1 overall pick in the very first fight. Then it backfires and she acts like a cunt haver over it.

I think Shana would have been fine, but she just gassed out and took the way out in the second. She thought she was going to come out there and end it in less than two minutes. Then (in the words of Mike Tyson), "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth".

Was actually a pretty good fight. Too bad they just can't get rid of coaches for the season.
So far I am surprised. Everything I've read from the so called "insiders" talked about how Tate was the one with major chick issues and slightly crazy/bitchy. So far Tate has looked completely normal and fairly mature, while Rousey seems a bit bipolar.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 6:55 am

stock wrote:
I don't know.  Rhonda seems like she doesn't give a shit about her fighters and just wants to somehow fuck over Tate.
If she really cared about her number one pick, she would have put her against the shittiest fighter on the other team right off the bat, and then let her get more experience and training (and for god sakes, work on her cardio) for the tougher fights.
Yeah my only point was that I thought she got a little bit screwed having to make the selection right then and there on the spot. Granted she choked and made a shitty decision lol, but I still thought it sucked for her. I wonder if she would of made the same dumb choice if she had a few days like usual to assess everyone.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 7:06 am

Yeah, I'll give her that.
Although, she could have also asked if she could discuss with her coaches for 10 minutes before making a decision.
Dana does not seem unreasonable and editing could have cut that out of air time. I think Rousa is just too proud, and said fuck it... I'm going right after the #1 overall.

What do you all think about purposely picking someone with an injury? I go back and forth on this one. Rousey says it's a bitch move. Tate just wants the best opportunity for her fighters to advance. Even the guy with the broken hand said that if he was the other coach he'd call on himself due to the injury.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 11:26 am

Yeah Ronda is making herself out to look like a moron...it's not a bitch move...it's called "strategy". For that matter Ronda going for an armbar EVERY FREAKING FIGHT is a bitch move.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22798

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 11:30 am

It is a "bitch move", but sometimes the bitch move is the smart move. It kinda sucks, but that's all part of the TUF beast.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 11:39 am

I guess the reason I don't see it as a bitch move is because to me there's no difference between that and targeting a cut on a fighter during a fight...or knowing that a guy has a bad knee going into the fight and throwing continuous leg kicks until he crumbles. Those things are expected and you're actually not a very smart fighter at all if you don't target them...but somehow picking this guy because his hand is hurt is now a "bitch move".
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 11:51 am

Yes... that's kind of how I see it too. In fact, that was my exact response to my wife who was agreeing with Rhonda when I watched this last night.

I am just not digging Rhonda's (forced) hard ass attitude. She's coming across like having the mentality of 2nd grade bully.
For what little time Rhonda and Tate actually have to see of eachother (really only when one camp is showing up for practice while the other is leaving), why not just mind your own business and focus on the best interest of getting your fighters to advance? It's not like Rhonda and Tate are having to stay in the house together.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 12:24 pm

Right...exactly why I agree with the statement above that Ronda isn't in it for the best interest of her fighters...she's there to be a bully to Tate.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 8:12 am

Imo it is kind of a bitch move to be honest, which doesnt surprise me since this seasons coaches are bitches...lol. Hope my wife doesnt see that, gulp.

But, seriously...I can remember at least five or six times in the past on the show when someone was injured the other teams coach NEVER picked him until the end. Seems pretty shitty to me.

Now, dont get me wrong, I am not saying Ronda is not acting bullyish and annoying so far like stock stated.
I am just saying I think selecting the injured guy is a shit move. I mean yeah, you want to win your motorcycle and shit like that at the end of the show, but some of these guys will only ever get one shot at this thing. Fucking them over like that, because "its good strategy" is shitty imo and definitely not very "in the spirit of the sport".
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 2:57 pm

As far as Ronda's opinion that it was a "bitch move", I put zero weight into that. Miesha could do something as simple as taking too long in the bathroom and Ronda would find something wrong with it and make it into a cause for some kind of epic blood feud.
But personally, no; I don't see anything wrong with it. You want to gain any advantage you can, because this is a competition. Is it any worse than taking the obviously superior and much more experienced #1 pick and pitting him against the last pick who clearly has next to zero chance of winning? That's a pretty "bitch move" to the last pick, isn't it? Surely a more fair decision could have been there, right? Come on now.
It's just strategy. Tate is trying to give all of her fighters the best chance to succeed by maintaining control and keeping things in her team's favor. That's what she's supposed to do as coach. Tough shit for Ronda and her injured fighter.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 3:00 pm

Oh btw I had no idea what so ever that Ronda called it a bitch move. Yeah, I could care less what she says and put NO WEIGHT into that especially based on how she has been acting already.

I just meant imo it's kind of shitty. It is a competition, but at the end of the day it's these guys livelihoods we are talking about. Let the fucking guy heal and have a legitimate shot at winning, it may be his only shot. It may be a bit of a hippie type opinion, just my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 3:14 pm

Well I see what you are saying, but you gotta look at it on the other side, too.
As a coach, isn't it Meisha's responsibilty to be doing her best to make sure her fighters have the best chance of winning? If she sees an opportunity to increase the chances that one of her fighters can get a victory and advance she's got to take it.
I mean yeah, it sucks for the guy with the injury, but Tate has to look out for her own fighters. To me, this is more a case of Tate trying to do what's best for her fighters than it is her fucking over the other guy.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 3:17 pm

I guess but if you are on her team would you want to fight legitimately or fight some dude with a busted hand and move on? I am not saying there is a correct answer.
You might be right, maybe thats what they wanted and if that is the case i dont blame her at all. I mean if they came to her and said "hey so and so is hurt lets go after him now" then I dont blame her in the least. I am not sure how it went down. A lot of these guys though usually seem like the type that would rather win it right. I dont know...
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 5:41 pm

Right but who's gonna sit there and say "No way! I don't want to fight the guy if he's hurt! I wanna do this the right way. None of us should fight that guy until he's healed". lol
I get what you are saying, but I'm guessing there was a much longer line of fighters that wanted to fight him right now than there was a line of fighters who wanted to let there chance to move on in the tournament slip away because it wasn't "the right thing to do".
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 7:11 pm

I think it all boils down to what Trigger said a few posts back...if Miesha took too long in the bathroom Roudy Ronda Rousey would have a problem and make it some sort of an issue.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 9:23 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:
Right but who's gonna sit there and say "No way! I don't want to fight the guy if he's hurt! I wanna do this the right way. None of us should fight that guy until he's healed". lol
I get what you are saying, but I'm guessing there was a much longer line of fighters that wanted to fight him right now than there was a line of fighters who wanted to let there chance to move on in the tournament slip away because it wasn't "the right thing to do".
Haha, I hear ya buddy.  I am not naive to the ways of the world.

The only reason I said that is because there has definitely been seasons in the past where I have seen teams say "so and so on the other team has a cut so we cannot pick him yet". And the injured guy would not fight until the very end, etc.

But, like I said if they went to Meisha and said they wanted to fight the injured guy then all fair imo.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 10:16 pm

In all seriousness, can you provide an example of when that happened in past seasons? I don't mean that in a confrontational or argumentative way, I just honestly can't recall anybody voicing that mentality on any of the seasons. I believe you, I just don't remember seeing it myself.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 8:47 am

Well I find myself rooting against fighters simply because they're on Rousey's team...and I want to see Rousey get steamrolled. Hats off to Tate's fighter, he did an awesome job doing what most said he wouldn't do...stand with Rousey's guy. Good fight...good win.

Ahhhh...the drama of women. "You're standing too close to my boyfriend...move"....*sigh*

The sad thing is I think Tate and Rousey both would take Carraway in an MMA match haha. Poor little quiet boyfriend stuck in the middle of a cat fight.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 3:02 pm

Rousey is such a confrontational, toolbag dipshit that she somehow managed to make herself look worse than Bryan fucking Carraway. You gotta be a real piece of work to pull that off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* Empty

Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next