The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
The Ultimate Fighter: Team Carwin vs Team Nelson Finale*Spoilers* Vote_lcapThe Ultimate Fighter: Team Carwin vs Team Nelson Finale*Spoilers* Voting_barThe Ultimate Fighter: Team Carwin vs Team Nelson Finale*Spoilers* Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
The Ultimate Fighter: Team Carwin vs Team Nelson Finale*Spoilers* Vote_lcapThe Ultimate Fighter: Team Carwin vs Team Nelson Finale*Spoilers* Voting_barThe Ultimate Fighter: Team Carwin vs Team Nelson Finale*Spoilers* Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

The Ultimate Fighter: Team Carwin vs Team Nelson Finale*Spoilers*

Go down 
+2
Gecko
Snake Five
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

Standard Cash : 3771

The Ultimate Fighter: Team Carwin vs Team Nelson Finale*Spoilers* Empty
PostSubject: The Ultimate Fighter: Team Carwin vs Team Nelson Finale*Spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter: Team Carwin vs Team Nelson Finale*Spoilers* EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 1:13 pm

Man awesome night of fights.

Roy Nelson vs Matt Mitrione- Mitrione was doing a good job using those jab , body kick combos ,but then bam Nelson rocked him and knocked him the fuck out with a power punch combo.

Colton Smith vs Mike Ricci-Smith looked great, loved the tenacity he displayed in constantyl going for the takedowns and then once taking the back constantly going for the rear naked choke. Ricci to his credit was able to survive.

Pat Barry vs Shane Del Rosario- Rosario looked impressive in the first round and I thought he looked good off of his back, constantly attacking and chaining up submissions. Barry was able to survive though and managed to rock him and then swarmed him with power punches. Barry was really emotional after the fight.

Dustin Poirier vs Jonathan Brookins- Brookins was doing a good job landing power strikes ,but Poirier was able to do a good job fighting off the fence and then locked in that awesome d'arce choke.

Mike Pyle vs James Head- Head was dominating Pyle with strikes and then Pyle landed that beautiful knee and swarmed him for the finish.

Johnny Bedford vs Marcos Vinicius- Bedford just dominated this fight good strikes and wrestling before getting the finish.

Rustam Khabilov vs Vinc Pichel- Rustam is one of my new favorite fighters, all three of those German suplexes were fucking brutal awesome finish.

Ironically I randomly watched this video a few days before.

Hugo Viana vs Reuben Duran- Viana looked fucking awesome with all those powerful punches , particuarly his overhand rights. I liked his post fight celebration.

Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15312

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter: Team Carwin vs Team Nelson Finale*Spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter: Team Carwin vs Team Nelson Finale*Spoilers* EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 7:50 am

How can I not be happy with this finale. Great knock out by nelson, really smart striking on his part and i do agree with snake five on matts striking looking very good too.

Colt looked awesome showed some really good aggressive wrestling with ground and pound. So happy for him and even more so to have our first vanguard fighter on the TUF and he wins its!!!! Couldnt be happier. except if maybe Freak show could have won the TUF smashes on friday but great fights on both nights.

Barry looked good too. another showing of great kickboxing and a really good come back win too.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10293

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter: Team Carwin vs Team Nelson Finale*Spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter: Team Carwin vs Team Nelson Finale*Spoilers* EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 8:57 am

I thought it was a good night too. I will say I'm disappointed with the outcome of the Smith/Ricci fight...I wanted Ricci to smash Colton when he pressed him against the cage, but Ricci had absolutely no answer for Colton, it was just complete domination with wrestling and grappling.

I wanted Mitrione to win...the TUF season really turned me off to Roy, but nonetheless it was a great fight, can't be disappointed with the outcome really.

I was pumped to see Barry win, the more I see him, the more I like him. I could tell he'd been working on his strength, he looked thicker and less cut than the past, but man he has hands of rock.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22838

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter: Team Carwin vs Team Nelson Finale*Spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter: Team Carwin vs Team Nelson Finale*Spoilers* EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 11:18 am

Why in the world would you want Ricci to win? That guy came off as a giant fuckhole... he just seemed undeservingly arrogant to me. But, I assumed he would have won, just due to training with the best wrestler in the UFC... but apparently not. I like Colton now that the dirty glove tap has been forgotten. He did well keeping his cool on the show with idiots abound and even helped others stay more level headed than they seemingly wanted to be. All in all I think Colton has a future inside the octagon. But he may move down, he does seem small... Gecko I believe said he usually fights at a lighter weight.

Barry looked good, The Academy is undoubtedly doing him some good, getting that solid HW strength.

I feel a bit bad for Meathead... had he had his mouth guard in IDK that he would have gotten KO'd... I assumed they were gonna stop the fight for a second to put it back in then BAMM! He went down...
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter: Team Carwin vs Team Nelson Finale*Spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter: Team Carwin vs Team Nelson Finale*Spoilers* EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 11:39 am

I wanted Ricci to win because I thought he had a far wider skill set than Colton...and I still think he does. But even though I feel Ricci is more well rounded Colton's wrestling overtook the fight. I never took Ricci as an asshole at all. To me he was the most calm, cool and collected guy on the show. I like his style much better than I like Colton's style, yes Colton was dominant and is VERY good at what he does, but I get bored with his style...immediate clinch and/or takedown and constant grappling for 3 rounds, I fast forwarded through most of the 3rd round.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22838

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter: Team Carwin vs Team Nelson Finale*Spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter: Team Carwin vs Team Nelson Finale*Spoilers* EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 12:14 pm

Yeah, like I said I had anticipated Ricci winning as well for essentially the same reasons. To me on the show he came off as a guy who thinks his shit doesn't stink, or that he was above the other guys in the house. That is the kinda attitude that bothers me. I can deal with flat out idiots and assholes, it's the pompous assholes that bother me. But at this point, Ricci won't get anywhere in the UFC at 155 if he can't stop the takedown and dirty boxing.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12598

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter: Team Carwin vs Team Nelson Finale*Spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter: Team Carwin vs Team Nelson Finale*Spoilers* EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 12:34 pm

I agree with Sam. I didnt like Colton (no offense to gecko).

The fake glove tap and then even in the finale he kicked Ricci in the nuts and when Ricci was curled over asking for help he went right for a takedown.

bah!
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter: Team Carwin vs Team Nelson Finale*Spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter: Team Carwin vs Team Nelson Finale*Spoilers* EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 1:43 pm

I'm really surprised though that Ricci couldn't handle his pressure better. I mean there was absolutely no surprise as to what Colton was gonna come out there and do, I'd be curious to see what Ricci worked on for this fight, becuase it certainly didn't appear to be takedown defense or clinch work.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35180

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter: Team Carwin vs Team Nelson Finale*Spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter: Team Carwin vs Team Nelson Finale*Spoilers* EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 2:53 pm

I think Ricci just underestimated Colton's ground game. I think he thought he was the better grapper... even off his back and thought he'd be able to get back to his feet easier.

Also, although I am not a big fan of Colt, I can't blame him for the fighting after the nut kick. Colt did stop and look at the referee. The referee said "keep fighting", so Colt did his job.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15312

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter: Team Carwin vs Team Nelson Finale*Spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter: Team Carwin vs Team Nelson Finale*Spoilers* EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 3:07 pm

stock wrote:
I think Ricci just underestimated Colton's ground game. I think he thought he was the better grapper... even off his back and thought he'd be able to get back to his feet easier.

Also, although I am not a big fan of Colt, I can't blame him for the fighting after the nut kick. Colt did stop and look at the referee. The referee said "keep fighting", so Colt did his job.

thats pretty much what ricci was saying when he won his spot in the finals that he thought colt was no threat to him any where and i think that was a big mistake on his part. you are right too as soon as colt relized what happened with the nut kick he backed off and looked at the ref. he tried doing the right thing at that point in time. I just hope he goes back down to 155. I think colt could have some good fights at that weight and be a bigger fighter too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter: Team Carwin vs Team Nelson Finale*Spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter: Team Carwin vs Team Nelson Finale*Spoilers* Empty

Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Fighter: Team Carwin vs Team Nelson Finale*Spoilers*
Page 1 of 1