The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*) Vote_lcapThe Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*) Voting_barThe Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*) Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*) Vote_lcapThe Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*) Voting_barThe Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*) Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)

Go down 
+4
samger2
Chrom
FistK
butterknifeninja
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59392

The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*) Empty
PostSubject: The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)   The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*) EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 5:59 pm

So who's watching?

Looks like there is some bonafide talent on this season, which I guess is to be expected, since these are all established fighters and not regional heros with 4 pro fights.

I really like the new seeding system. It takes the "fun" out of the fighters trying to settle personal beef by picking fights with someone they don't like, but I like that it decreases the chances of two top fighters fighting early and possibly robbing us of seeing a great fight in the latter part of the tournament. With that said, when looking at the first fight, it's pretty obvious that this season is wide open and it's hard to pick a favorite.

I'm going with Rose Namajunas to win the season. She's gnarly on the ground, and if she can get her striking polished up a bit, she could be scary.

*side note* That Felice Herrig chick is annoying as fuck. I was kinda looking forward to oogling her throughout the season, but she's just kind of overdoing it. I'm all for girls showing off and flaunting what they got, but this girl just seems like a total whore. And in all honesty, she's not really even that good looking. Im OK, with seeing her lose, soon.
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 3955

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)   The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*) EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 10:29 pm

Herring is definitely striking me as wicked attention whore-y. I mean, the underwear on the Team Pettis sign?

Also, anyone hear Melendez telling Emily to "sit on her face" during that inferred triangle? Priceless!
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)   The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*) EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 2:27 pm

Yeah I caught that! lol
The entire latter part of that fight was just odd. Even the two fighters kinda had this look like "Am I winning right now? What's happening? Can we get a stand-up here or something?" lol There was literal face in vagina, deep, several times during all of that.

And yeah, Herrig is for sure an attention whore, full speed ahead.
"Hey, let's hang our panties on the sign!"
"What? Joann should hang her's because she's fighting next? OK!"
"Oh, but I want attention too, so I'm gonna do it right now, too!"
"What, take a pair out of my bag? No way! I'm gonna take off the ones I'm wearing right now because I'm a dirty, dirty whore! Hooray for me!!"

Face Palm

Also, I kind of like that little Scottish chick Calderon. I never would have imagined it would be attractive to hear a female speak with a Scottish accent, but with her meek, quiet little voice it kinda works.
"After I bate her, I'm gonna bek her a kerrit kek!" cheers
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 3955

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)   The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*) EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 2:39 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:

"Hey, let's hang our panties on the sign!"
"What? Joann should hang her's because she's fighting next? OK!"
"Oh, but I want attention too, so I'm gonna do it right now, too!"
"What, take a pair out of my bag? No way! I'm gonna take off the ones I'm wearing right now because I'm a dirty, dirty whore! Hooray for me!!"

You say that like it's a bad thing...
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)   The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*) EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 3:42 pm

Well normally it's not, but not when that pig does it, it is!

One other thing that made me laugh;
Earlier on in the episode, when Heather Clark and Rose Namajunas and a few other girls were in a dressing room or something and talking about how Clark maybe needs to pipe down a little bit. Rose is standing there in her underwear with her back to the camera, but the camera is focused mostly from her waist up. Then all of the sudden the camera quickly pulls back so we can get a nice shot of her little ass! It was like the camera guy was staring at her ass, and then suddenly realized he didn't have it in the shot and pulled back! LOL

Man, I'm glad I'm not the only one objectifying these women! lol!
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35140

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)   The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*) EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 1:39 pm

Can't stand the friendship bracelet chick. Which means they will show her the most since they need uninteresting drama for American TV.

I like Rose.
I LIKE Rose.
She looks good in panties.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)   The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*) EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 3:44 pm

stock wrote:
Can't stand the friendship bracelet chick.  Which means they will show her the most since they need uninteresting drama for American TV.

I like Rose.
I LIKE Rose.
She looks good in panties.

Agree with all of that. I like Rose more every time I see her.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10253

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)   The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*) EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 10:11 am

I'm gonna be the odd one out here and say...ALTHOUGH I LIKE ROSE'S BUTT...I do not care much for Rose. She seems very white trashy to me. Dunno why, she just strikes me that way. Her butt is the only thing that I like about her.

I'm with you guys on the Herrig chick...super annoying, super attention whorish.

My favorite is the Scottish chick...I think she's hot super hot.

As far as a favorite to win it...I have no clue. I thought the chick Randa beat was gonna be a beast, but she didn't open up, I thought the scottish chick was gonna plow through her opponent but she barely opened up.

I know we're only two fights in, but so far I've seen alot of talk and a lot less attempts at finishing and making a statement. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12558

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)   The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*) EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 8:34 am

I DVR'd it but am only half way through the first episode. I am actually already WAY more into this season than last (which i thought sucked). I am really looking forward to this one.

I wish I could participate more in the who is hot discussions, but i cant remember their names yet.

I am thinking the short haired girl from ireland has a shot? For no other reason than she looks the most manly lol.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35140

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)   The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*) EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 10:02 am

I really like how they did the teams this time.
Dana/Silva pre-seed the fighters and once someone picked the other team automatically gets the corresponding seed in the first round.

I wonder what they will do after the first round. It looks like they have brackets already set so I guess they just go with it if a single coach has two fighters fighting eachother in the next round.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)   The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*) EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 2:59 pm

stock wrote:
I really like how they did the teams this time.
Dana/Silva pre-seed the fighters and once someone picked the other team automatically gets the corresponding seed in the first round.

I wonder what they will do after the first round.  It looks like they have brackets already set so I guess they just go with it if a single coach has two fighters fighting eachother in the next round.

Yeah that's what it looks like to me. The bracket is already set, so there won't be any re-seeding after round one. I like it that way. So in the case of upsets, the "upsetter" doesn't get fucked over by just being seeded low again in the next round and having to face another top seed.
The only thing I don't like about it is after Calderwood (the Scottish chick) won, they showed the bracket and I saw that if Rose wins her first fight, she wil be fighting Calderwood in the next round, so one of my favorites will be gone. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)   The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*) EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 11:25 am

Good win by team Pettis Wednesday...but I agree with Dana, Lisa Ellis didn't want to be in that fight...she missed her family too much, this is one of those cases where she lost the fight before she even began.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15272

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)   The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*) EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 12:49 pm

samger2 wrote:
Good win by team Pettis Wednesday...but I agree with Dana, Lisa Ellis didn't want to be in that fight...she missed her family too much, this is one of those cases where she lost the fight before she even began.

1000% agree. It seemed like from the start of the bell ellis already declared she was going to loose. very timid in her strikes and this is suppose to be a girl with very good kickboxing credentials and her ground game was okay. She has very poor sub defense and seems to be easy to change position on. I also think Pettis is about to be 4-0 and there next fight.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)   The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*) EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 7:50 pm

Yeah I think Dana summed it up pretty well when he said Ellis would go hard in a short burst, but Penne went hard non-stop, which was obviously the difference in the fight.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)   The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*) EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 12:03 pm

In all honesty, I actually believed that Angela had a chance in this fight. With everyone talking about how strong she was, and with Carla seemingly having a confidence crisis, I was smelling the strong aroma of upset.
The the fight started, and reality happened. Other than one punch landed and one escape on the ground, Angela had nothing to offer against Carla.

I really hope Heather Clark beats the hell out of Felice Herrig. I just can't stand much more of that annoying, high-school girl "tee hee hee, lets talk about boys" show that Felice is putting on. Apparently everyone hates Heather Clark in the house, but from the outside looking in, she pales in comparison to Attention Horrig on the annoyance scale.

*side note* I haven't seen anything yet, but I'm half expecting some kind of racial uproar over Carla saying after the fight that Angela smelled like cocoa butter. The way it was edited made it seem like Carla just blurted it out in attempt to be funny, but it sounded to me like they were literally talking about how opponents smell sometimes, and she was just making an observation. We'll see if the uber-sensitive folks out there can manage to make a big deal out of it.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)   The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*) EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 2:09 pm

i'm starting to get a gut feeling that rose will be the only one from team melendez to make to the next round.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)   The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*) EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 6:25 pm

I hope Heather beats Felice too....but I gotta say it sounded pretty weak to hear her say "I've got a bachelors in theater...she's not gonna break me"
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22798

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)   The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*) EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 6:25 pm

Fellice is gonna wreck that girl!
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)   The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*) EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 7:22 pm

I don't know...I'm not convinced about that yet
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)   The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*) EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 8:04 am

I'm with samger2 on this. I'm not sold at all that Felice will come in and beat heather. I just get the feeling that heather is really hungry to avenge her loss and Felice is just more or less taking the laid back approach with the whole i beat her before i can beat her again. the only problem is there last fight was close and Heather absolutely dominated Felice in the first round. 2 round was close and 3rd round was close but i gave felice the edge. To me this isnt the type of fight you want to go in feel like i did it before i can do it again mentality.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)   The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*) EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 9:22 am

Cool

The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*) Felice-Herrig:-Fitness-Gurls-2014--03-300x420
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)   The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*) EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 11:23 am

The only thing I really had a problem with in this fight was the referee standing them up in the first round. Not simply with the fact that he stood them up, but more with when he stood them up (or rather, when he didn't). He let them sit there for over a minute in this weird kind of half top control for Felice, where she was like half on Heather's back and half off with one leg awkwardly hooked over her, and not doing anything with it. Then Heather gets the sweep, gets on top of Felice, then suddenly the ref calls for more action. Heather starts to hop Felice toward the center of the cage, and within about 3 seconds after his warning, he stands them up. So you're gonna let Fellice dangle on her for a full minute, but you won't even afford Clarke 5 seconds to set up some offense after she gets dominant position?!
I'm not saying it would have turned the tide of the fight, but it might have caused a 3rd round if Clarke was given the chance to score some points there and take the round. Just some bad reffing there IMO that definitely had an impact.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)   The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*) EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 11:35 am

Yeah, fully agree there... I don't know what the fuck that ref was doing.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)   The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*) EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 2:31 pm

I was genuinely surprised that no one even really seemed to notice or care about that. I thought for sure Team Melendez would be going apeshit over that, or at the very least, Dana or Gilbert would've made mention of it in that post-fight recap thing where they're talking about how the fight went down.

And I'm not sure how I feel about Tecia Torres being brought back in like that. I mean a lot of the weird shit that came along with it made sense (her needing to switch teams in the interest of Pettis having the right to maintain control, for example), but it just seems like everybody is getting screwed in this deal across the board.
Team Melendez loses a good training partner.
Hyatt now has to fight a higher ranked fighter.
Torres has to be the black sheep on team Pettis.
There's now a highly ranked fighter on that side of the bracket who was eliminated fair and square on the other side of the bracket.

I don't know, I just think there had to be a better way to handle that, because like I said, this is bad in a shitload more ways than it's good.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)   The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*) EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 5:05 pm

I was disappointed as well with that. And with how the fight went down in general. I like Heather. I know there's selective editing and all that so we don't see everything, but I don't see what's so annoying about the girl. I think she's got a good attitude is honest and appears to have talent. I was bummed she didn't win.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)   The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next