The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
UFC Fight Night: Maia vs Shields discussion thread (*SPOILERS*) Vote_lcapUFC Fight Night: Maia vs Shields discussion thread (*SPOILERS*) Voting_barUFC Fight Night: Maia vs Shields discussion thread (*SPOILERS*) Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
UFC Fight Night: Maia vs Shields discussion thread (*SPOILERS*) Vote_lcapUFC Fight Night: Maia vs Shields discussion thread (*SPOILERS*) Voting_barUFC Fight Night: Maia vs Shields discussion thread (*SPOILERS*) Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

UFC Fight Night: Maia vs Shields discussion thread (*SPOILERS*)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59433

UFC Fight Night: Maia vs Shields discussion thread (*SPOILERS*) Empty
PostSubject: UFC Fight Night: Maia vs Shields discussion thread (*SPOILERS*)   UFC Fight Night: Maia vs Shields discussion thread (*SPOILERS*) EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 3:31 am

OK, let me start by saying this is the slowest paced line-up of fights I can remember in recent history. I'm not saying all the fights were bad or not interesting, but most of them just seemed so.......slow.

Who would have ever predicted that the only main card fighter to get a finish on this card was freaking Dong Hyun Kim? Are you kidding me?!

Matt Hamill looked like absolute garbage in his fight, but that's not to say Thiago Silva looked much better. This fight literally looked like neither guy worked any cardio at all.....like zero, at all, for the entire camp. And it's not like they both gassed early; they looked like they were going 50% from the opening bell, like they were afraid to gas out or something. I don't know. It was just a very odd, disappointing fight.
*Side note*
How in the blue fuck did Silva miss weight and then not be able to get there with an extra hour? The guy had literal love handles during the fight. Pathetic.

Assuncao vs Dillashaw was probably the only fight worth watching on the main card. Great back and forth fight and a gutty performance by both fighters.

Sure enough, PaulHarris proved once again what a total piece of shit he is by holding the leg lock waaaaaaaaay longer than he had to. Pierce was tapping on every surface available, yet PaulHarris cranked on the leg for a good 3 or 4 seconds after the ref dove in and tried to physically pry him off of the hold. Way to go ahead and pull the exact asshole crap Pierce and everybody else said you would try to do, you fucktard.

While I was definitely looking forward to watching the Maia/Shields fight, I was a little disappointed. I expected a grappling showcase, but I found myself bored by round 3. I can't say the fight was bad, because it wasn't, but with all the reversals and positional battles, I just expected a little more excitement. It just seemed like both guys were gameplanning for defense, and offense went completely out the window. Again, I appreciated the grappling prowess, but I didn't see either guy really trying to go for it and score a definitive victory.

Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12599

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night: Maia vs Shields discussion thread (*SPOILERS*)   UFC Fight Night: Maia vs Shields discussion thread (*SPOILERS*) EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 6:19 am

I am trying to find a word in your post that I disagree with and I am unable to.

Unreal that he held on again.

The Dong Hyun Kim finish was fucking awesome though. I literally just turned to my wife and said "stun gun is gassed he is fucked" and BOOM! lol

Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15313

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night: Maia vs Shields discussion thread (*SPOILERS*)   UFC Fight Night: Maia vs Shields discussion thread (*SPOILERS*) EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 10:24 am

PaulHarris needs his walking papers
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22839

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night: Maia vs Shields discussion thread (*SPOILERS*)   UFC Fight Night: Maia vs Shields discussion thread (*SPOILERS*) EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 12:06 pm

Yup, that pretty much sums it up. Kim's win was awesome though. HA Take that Brazil! Korea and USA FTW! I love seeing the upset in Brazil. All the booing during the walk outs of the non-Brazilian fighter and then said fighter wins! 
UFC Fight Night: Maia vs Shields discussion thread (*SPOILERS*) Plotting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night: Maia vs Shields discussion thread (*SPOILERS*)   UFC Fight Night: Maia vs Shields discussion thread (*SPOILERS*) Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC Fight Night: Maia vs Shields discussion thread (*SPOILERS*)
Page 1 of 1