The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
The Walking Dead Vote_lcapThe Walking Dead Voting_barThe Walking Dead Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

The Walking Dead

Go down 
+5
Triggerman99
Chrom
Gecko
FistK
samger2
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10253

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 10:32 am

Anyone watch? Probably should've started this topic long ago, but I think Sunday's episode has to be the most brutal and horrific episode to date.

Anyone else think that Carl didn't put Lori down and she'll come back as undead Lori?
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12558

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 12:23 pm

Best

Show

on

TV!

Not sure if you read the book or not but they are totally changing it up from the book. That shit caught me off guard with lori this week.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15272

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 1:53 pm

FistK wrote:
Best

Show

on

TV!

Not sure if you read the book or not but they are totally changing it up from the book. That shit caught me off guard with lori this week.

yeah you are right there. Sophia would still be alive and both of her parents would have committed sucide, carl shot shane while he was still alive and the way lori dies in the comic is so much darker than the way they did it on the show and the baby wouldnt have survived either.. plus there is no daryl in the books.

But i still love the tv show!!!!! it was a good episode and samgr i agree, i dont think carl put lori down either. It just sucks cause of the time slot for me. I have Dexter,Board walk empire and walking dead all on sunday at 9 !!!!!
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22798

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 4:03 pm

Love the show as well. I also hate that all my current favorite shows are on at the same time. He better have put her down, thats just trouble waiting otherwise... which is probably why he didn't lol
Anyone else find it totally hilarious that they just traded one token black guy for the other?
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59392

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 4:05 pm

Yeah, I freakin love this show!

To be honest, I wasn't that upset to see Lori go. She always kind of annoyed me for some reason. She was always telling Rick that she understands how he feels and that she doesn't expect him to take her back, then in the next breathe she's giving him puppy-dog eyes and dropping stupid little comments and hints about "us" and how she wishes it could work out.
That was pretty brutal how she went, though. If Carl wasn't irreversibly traumatized already, he is now!

It sucked seeing T Dog go. He was just starting to get a bigger role, and then deadsies. Weird how that played out.

It's good that things are starting to pick up again this season. After Frank Darabont was removed from the process last season, it seemed like things slowed to a crawl with the plot.

So what do you guys think about Merle; problem or friend from here on out? (If it was in the comic book, please don't spoil it).
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 8:59 am

Agreed about T dog, I was sad to see him go too. Lori...meh, agreed...never cared much for her either...but she's already pale and skinny, she would make a good zombie...especially with her guts already cut open and hanging out.

From the way Rick acted when he found out she died I can see him going a little nuts, finding her, and keeping her alive in that room...well, "undead alive"....
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 1:50 pm

Yeah I saw the preview for the next episode and that appears to be similar to what he's going to do.
Darrell tries talking to him, and Rick is just completely blank and unresponsive, then he suddenly jumps up, grabs an axe, and runs back into the prison. Glen follows him in and tries to stop him, but Rick grabs him and looks like he's about to slaughter him right there on the spot.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 5:23 pm

Well it's about time Rick went on a crazy zombie-killing frenzy!
And does anyone know why the hell Glen was digging graves when there aren't any bodies to put in them?
Also, are we really supposed to believe that Carol is dead? Christ, Merle was presumed dead for almost two seasons and he's now a main character. It's pretty obvious that she's gonna turn up somewhere pretty soon. Nobody just dissapears quietly on this show.

Side note;
Is it possible that Maggie has somehow gotten even hotter over the last few episodes? Thankfully she's covered in blood and dirt, because I don't think I would even be able to pay attention to the plot if she wasn't.
Back to top Go down
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

Standard Cash : 3731

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 6:43 pm

I love this show. The only thing that bugs me is how everyone can get headshots so easily ,but whatever they're just that good.

Felt bad for T-Dogg he was such and underdeveloped character everyone was expecting him to die and he didn't, so because of that I was rooting for him and then he dies.

Daryl is the man.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 6:47 pm

Maggie is hot but her voice makes me want to bunch a baby in the gut.

I didnt' really enjoy this last episode....I thought the gladiator style thing with the crowd and Merle and the zombies was just plain stupid. And the black ninja girl needs to die...IMO her character sucks.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 7:51 pm

I wouldn't mind it if Michonne stayed on, but not in a group of any kind. She would play well as rogue, wildcard-type of character who keeps showing up once in awhile to stir shit up.

And yeah, that zombie arena shit was fucking dumb as hell. That seemed like a stupid idea that one of the editors had or something and talked it onto the show.

If I had to pick one character that would survive this whole thing, it would defintely be Daryl, hands down.

The girl that plays Maggie definitely needs some work on that accent she's trying to sell, but goddamnit I don't care.......

[img]The Walking Dead Maggie10[/img]

[img]The Walking Dead Maggie11[/img]
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 8:10 pm

Good Lord, nicely done Trigger...nicely done
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 7:02 am

Well apparently Lori was shot and then eaten by a zombie lol.

I love Michonne actually, I have never heard of someone disliking her before? haha. But then again if you read the book Michonne is beyond badass so I may have some pre-bias.

The arena was a bit silly on the show but it was kind of a necessary segment, because it plays a big part in the book. Not sure if it will in the show or not...
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15272

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 7:59 am

Daryl Rules!!!! even though he's not in the books.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 8:20 am

Is Michonne the black lady ninja with the ridiculously sharp sword?

Yeah I can't stand her. I think it's her big stupid mean pouty been kicked in the balls and had my wheaties pissed in face. And she comes into this community of a thousand or whatever people and she magically is the ONLY one that has brought her crystal ball and sees through the governor immediately...and she knows exactly where to look for blood drops and walkers and has this feline intuition of trouble and danger.

I guess characters in shows like this generally I find to be beyond stupid. I can only imagine that if I've been running from gut eating zombies for the past year, looking for a refuge, trying to find other civilizations and I FINALLY find a complete and full functioning civilization of humans with lots of food, shelter, water and booze, my first inclination will not be, "the governor is a bad man and wants us all dead"...I think I'd be so overcome with joy I'd never want to leave. But instead she chooses to take her ultra sharp never dulls can slice a human in half with one small swipe from a skinny girl sword and roam the earth alone.

Stupid
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 10:17 am

LOL! Well the town has only 75 people not 1,000, but still that was a funny post anyways dude...lol

I think part of the issue is that some people read the book and others didnt. In the book they really go into her background alot etc, so you know why she is so badass. In the show they have to get right to it so maybe it comes off silly to some, not sure.

The biggest difference between the book and show (and dont worry i wont give any spoilers away during our discussions) is that on the show the governor is almost likeable, but in the book he is the most vile despicable piece of shit on the planet so a lot of people watching are like "yeah michonne fuck the governor!" and others are thinking "wtf is her problem he offered her shelter and a place to stay" lol
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 11:23 am

Very good point Fist....didn't factor that in. You're right though, many of us haven't read the book so we don't know the back stories of any of these characters.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 2:25 pm

Yeah, I didn't read the book (or "Graphic Novel" as I've heard it called), but I hear it's fantastic.
I'm wondering if the Governor is going to be transformed into the piece of shit you say he is at some point on the show, or if he's going to stay as he is. Because like you said, he's almost likeable, and everyone is just looking at Michonne like "WTF is with the attitude?" (including myself).

I still agree with Samger, though. For me, it's probably more about casting, because the chick playing her absolutely cannot pull of the mean-mug at all. She looks like Diego Sanchez or Rampage trying to do that look-how-angry-I-am-all-the-time face and it just looks stupid.
And I do feel that it needs to mentioned again;
Would it kill the director to show her sharpening that sword at least one fucking time?! Is that thing magical or something? Maybe it bothers me so much because I'm also currently playing the Dead Island video game (for the second time, because it's awesome), and anyone who has played it knows that the biggest pain in the ass is your weapons breaking down and becoming dull and useless so easily. Why doesn't this bitch have to worry about that?! LOL!
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22798

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 4:40 pm

I like the samurai broad.
Back to top Go down
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

Standard Cash : 3731

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 7:41 pm

I think The Governor's just got that sociopathic charm.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 11:32 am

I'm just really hoping the show doesn't take the turn like prison break did and go from kinda far fetched but enjoyable to just plain stupid. Anyone remember the dude from prison break that cut his own hand off and regardless he was still able to battle and kill big muscular biker dudes by the group with one hand a pool cue? That's what Merle reminded me of. Old out of shape one handed sloppy built war veteran is able to get the better of a young muscular in tip top shape dude with ease.

Sorry...stupid.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 2:13 pm

Oh come on man! You're an MMA fan; You know beach muscle don't mean shit!!

WAR MERLE!!!!!

War!
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 4:25 pm

But beach muscle SHOULD mean shit when talking about a tv show!
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 4:47 pm

That's a fair point!
cheers
So if the UFC was a TV show, Cheick Kongo would be the undisputed champ, while if the Walking Dead were real, that muscle guy that Merle was fighting would have likely been gassed inside of 2 minutes.

Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 10:19 am

samger2 wrote:
I'm just really hoping the show doesn't take the turn like prison break did and go from kinda far fetched but enjoyable to just plain stupid. Anyone remember the dude from prison break that cut his own hand off and regardless he was still able to battle and kill big muscular biker dudes by the group with one hand a pool cue? That's what Merle reminded me of. Old out of shape one handed sloppy built war veteran is able to get the better of a young muscular in tip top shape dude with ease.

Sorry...stupid.

Dude,

The fight was staged. The Governor told Andrea that. Merle didnt really beat that guys ass, it was just an act for the crowd.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead Empty

Back to top Go down

The Walking Dead
Page 1 of 20Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next