The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Jeffrey Dean Morgan cast to play "Negan" on The Walking Dead Vote_lcapJeffrey Dean Morgan cast to play "Negan" on The Walking Dead Voting_barJeffrey Dean Morgan cast to play "Negan" on The Walking Dead Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Jeffrey Dean Morgan cast to play "Negan" on The Walking Dead Vote_lcapJeffrey Dean Morgan cast to play "Negan" on The Walking Dead Voting_barJeffrey Dean Morgan cast to play "Negan" on The Walking Dead Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Jeffrey Dean Morgan cast to play "Negan" on The Walking Dead

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59432

Jeffrey Dean Morgan cast to play "Negan" on The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Jeffrey Dean Morgan cast to play "Negan" on The Walking Dead   Jeffrey Dean Morgan cast to play "Negan" on The Walking Dead EmptyThu Jan 07, 2016 4:44 pm

This actually broke a few months back, but I wasn't sure if you guys heard about it or not.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan cast to play "Negan" on The Walking Dead Negan10

Jeffrey Dean Morgan cast to play "Negan" on The Walking Dead Jeffre10 Jeffrey Dean Morgan cast to play "Negan" on The Walking Dead Jeffre11

Quote :
Jeffrey Dean Morgan is about to go from Good to really, really, really bad.
Sources confirm that the current Good Wife actor is joining The Walking Dead as one of the Biggest Bads of ’em all — dreaded comic book villain Negan.
Morgan’s killer of men is expected to debut toward the end of the AMC hit’s current sixth season (in other words, sometime this spring), and then return in Season 7 as a (likely) series regular.

Morgan’s new gig isn’t expected to have an immediate impact on his Good Wife duties since Walking Dead‘s annual production hiatus begins in late November and continues until late spring. That said, it seems unlikely that he would be able to bring his investigator character Jason back to the Good Wife next fall for a potential eighth season. (As it is, Morgan’s Good Wife deal was always just for the current Season 7).
Rumors about if and when The Walking Dead would introduce Negan have been churning for several years now.

http://tvline.com/2015/11/10/the-walking-dead-jeffrey-dean-morgan-cast-negan-season-6/

I think it's a home run (pun intended) casting job. I haven't seen much of him, but what I've seen tells me he's great for this role (see; The Comedian in "Watchmen").
Not only does he have the acting chops and personality to pull off a great Negan, he's also familiar with Negan as a character and with the graphic series as a whole- something not all of the actors on the show can say. He said that when his agent contacted him and said he had an offer for him to play a role on The Walking Dead, his immediate response was "Is it fucking Negan? If it's fucking Negan we're fucking doing it!!!"
cheers cheers

Other actors rumored to have been garnering interest from the showrunners were Timothy Olyphant, Matt Dillon, and Garrett Dillahunt. All fine actors, but I think Morgan was the right choice.
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16377

PostSubject: Re: Jeffrey Dean Morgan cast to play "Negan" on The Walking Dead   Jeffrey Dean Morgan cast to play "Negan" on The Walking Dead EmptyThu Jan 07, 2016 11:20 pm

i heard a while back they were looking at Jason moma for negan also.......I think this dude will do fine
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Jeffrey Dean Morgan cast to play "Negan" on The Walking Dead   Jeffrey Dean Morgan cast to play "Negan" on The Walking Dead EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 1:31 am

Mamoa would've been awesome too!! I also heard Henry Rollins and Vinnie Jones. Rollins=absolutely!! Jones? Ehh.....Not sure he could pull it off.

But yeah, this guy will make a great Negan I think!!
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12598

PostSubject: Re: Jeffrey Dean Morgan cast to play "Negan" on The Walking Dead   Jeffrey Dean Morgan cast to play "Negan" on The Walking Dead EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 6:48 am

I agree Trigg - AWESOME choice!!!
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Jeffrey Dean Morgan cast to play "Negan" on The Walking Dead   Jeffrey Dean Morgan cast to play "Negan" on The Walking Dead EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 11:16 am

***POSSIBLE SPOILERS FOR THE SHOW BELOW!!
YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!***

Speaking of Negan the actual comic book character;
It's funny, because I've heard he's this uber-evil rotten bastard, but I kind of like the character so far. Granted, I always sort of like the villains (David Morrisey as The Governor on the show was probably my favorite character of the whole series) but aside from the obvious heartbreaker that happened in his first appearance, I think he's great! Obviously he's a bad dude and needs to go, but I laugh my ass off at all the shit he says. Like when he shows up at Alexandria the first time to collect his offering, and he and his men have to wait outside while the gatekeeper guy goes and gets Rick, then when Rick comes and lets him in he's like "See? I'm not a bad guy! That guy makes us wait outside- Seriously, who was THAT asshole anyway?- and do I get mad? Do I come in here and start killng people? Do I bash another Asian dude's head in? No, we cleaned up outside! Aren't I a great guy??"
LMAO!!!

Another side note, I'm to the point in the comics where we meet Ezekiel, and it's hilarious to me! The guys riding around on horses like knights and living in the "kingdom" is friggin great!! lmao!!
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15312

PostSubject: Re: Jeffrey Dean Morgan cast to play "Negan" on The Walking Dead   Jeffrey Dean Morgan cast to play "Negan" on The Walking Dead EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 12:03 pm

Loved him in watchmen!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jeffrey Dean Morgan cast to play "Negan" on The Walking Dead   Jeffrey Dean Morgan cast to play "Negan" on The Walking Dead Empty

Back to top Go down

Jeffrey Dean Morgan cast to play "Negan" on The Walking Dead
Page 1 of 1