The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
The Walking Dead - Page 20 Vote_lcapThe Walking Dead - Page 20 Voting_barThe Walking Dead - Page 20 Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
The Walking Dead - Page 20 Vote_lcapThe Walking Dead - Page 20 Voting_barThe Walking Dead - Page 20 Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

The Walking Dead

Go down 
+5
Triggerman99
Chrom
Gecko
FistK
samger2
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20
AuthorMessage
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16346

The Walking Dead - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 6:43 pm

so fear the walking dead is back.....it was an ok episode....im curious to see where the season goes.

I had an idea that would be pretty awesome and id be more interested in this being the kind of vessel that fear the walking dead was.......it would be sweet if fear told us origin stories....I think it would be a cool way to see where negan or the governor came from or how the terminus folks wound up eating people....just a thought I had.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59401

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 7:55 pm

Yeah this show really needs to start picking up.
I get it that they're trying to bring us along slowly and want us to really get to know the characters before things get too out of control with the walkers, but this is painfully slow. That might've been the most boring, uneventful season premiere of any show I've watched.

But yeah, that would be really cool if this group starts making their way east and comes across the Governor or Negan like in the Midwest or something. But when they cross paths with one of them, he's like a total pussy and is just hiding out and too scared to even go outside. lol
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 9:54 am

So yep.....this show needs help.....I'm cool with any of them getting eaten and nothing new is happening.... Same moral delimas that we've already seen or know happened because of the first show.....let's get some new info or something to separate the 2 shows other than a chunk of time...
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12567

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 12:14 pm

The story telling isnt that bad in my opinion, but the MAJOR issue I have with the show is that I just dont give a fuck about anyone on the show.  Its hard to like a show when you dont care.  Seriously if next week every character got eaten I would not give them another thought.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5688

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 12:50 pm

Its like the Walking Dead has been bought by Bellator.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 1:00 pm

Krieger wrote:

Lol! Got me twice today...
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 2:12 pm

FistK wrote:

Krieger wrote:

Lol!  Got me twice today...

LMAO!!!
Yup, perfect analogy!!

But yeah, I agree that these characters are just pretty much all vanilla and they could live forever or die today and it would make no difference to me either way.

I think the problem is that the writers are devoting entire episodes to the interpersonal relationships between the characters and how each one is feeling inside and how they're coping mentally and all that just like they sometimes do on the original TWD. But they can't get away with that yet on FTWD because we don't give a shit about who these characters are as people yet. It works on TWD because we've already seen them all kick ass and run for their lives and kill other main characters and all that. What have we seen these assholes do?! Come out of the suburbs, run away onto a boat, then spend 2 episodes giving each other dirty looks and having minor disagreements???
I think I'm gonna need a little more walker-slaughtering action or big-bad-villain showdowns before I can even begin to tolerate watching these cry-babies sit around talking about their feelings for an hour straight every week!
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 2:15 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:

FistK wrote:

Krieger wrote:

Lol!  Got me twice today...

LMAO!!!
Yup, perfect analogy!!

But yeah, I agree that these characters are just pretty much all vanilla and they could live forever or die today and it would make no difference to me either way.

I think the problem is that the writers are devoting entire episodes to the interpersonal relationships between the characters and how each one is feeling inside and how they're coping mentally and all that just like they sometimes do on the original TWD. But they can't get away with that yet on FTWD because we don't give a shit about who these characters are as people yet. It works on TWD because we've already seen them all kick ass and run for their lives and kill other main characters and all that. What have we seen these assholes do?! Come out of the suburbs, run away onto a boat, then spend 2 episodes giving each other dirty looks and having minor disagreements???
I think I'm gonna need a little more walker-slaughtering action or big-bad-villain showdowns before I can even begin to tolerate watching these cry-babies sit around talking about their feelings for an hour straight every week!

Yeah its like they are taking all of the occassional episodes in WD that we usually say "well that was a wasted week" and cramming them all into the beginning of a series lol.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 4:07 pm

Yeah it's almost arrogant, like "The fans will put up with this because they put up with it occasionally on the The Walking Dead. We'll write in some action stuff when we're damn good and ready!!"

If they're not gonna have some walker-killing escapades, they should at least have the decency to put less clothes on the hot daughter. Throw me a fuckin bone, here!!!
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 4:35 pm

Yep....she's the only one I don't want to die yet.....and I don't even need zombie action....would be nice but I'd be OK with origin information....
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 5:16 pm

I want that moody brat kid to get killed pretty soon. Not the junkie, the other one. He just has a permanent grumpy pout-face on that I'd love to slap off of him.
I'd like the mom to get offed, too. She seems to always be getting in someone's face and trying to act  tough and I'm just not buying it at all.

In fact, the only ones I'd really like to see kept around are Strand, the junkie kid, Reuben Blades' character (Danny??), the hot daughter, and the less hot daughter of Reuben Blades' character. The other 3 can be walker bait as soon as possible and that would be fine by me.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 5:24 am

Triggerman99 wrote:
I want that moody brat kid to get killed pretty soon. Not the junkie, the other one. He just has a permanent grumpy pout-face on that I'd love to slap off of him.
I'd like the mom to get offed, too. She seems to always be getting in someone's face and trying to act  tough and I'm just not buying it at all.

In fact, the only ones I'd really like to see kept around are Strand, the junkie kid, Reuben Blades' character (Danny??), the hot daughter, and the less hot daughter of Reuben Blades' character. The other 3 can be walker bait as soon as possible and that would be fine by me.

Haha this is exactly how I feel. Strand and Blades are the only two characters I like. I think the only thing we differ on is I wouldnt mind seeing Blades daughter get eaten either. She is annoying the shit out of me too lol
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:28 am

I'm not really attached to her either. I don't dislike her as much as the other 3 whine asses, but I wouldn't be upset to see her go, either.
This cast is just dissapointing. The lead guy there is actually a really good actor and can really play a wide range of characters convincingly, so it's just kind of a let down that he's playing a pussy-whipped husband. I was hoping for something more along the lines of the scary, intimidating Mexican gangster he played in Training Day. That would've made this a whole different dynamic! lol
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 12:11 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:
I'm not really attached to her either. I don't dislike her as much as the other 3 whine asses, but I wouldn't be upset to see her go, either.
This cast is just dissapointing. The lead guy there is actually a really good actor and can really play a wide range of characters convincingly, so it's just kind of a let down that he's playing a pussy-whipped husband. I was hoping for something more along the lines of the scary, intimidating Mexican gangster he played in Training Day. That would've made this a whole different dynamic! lol

Yeah the cast is the biggest problem and my biggest disappoinment. Its crazy how the same people got it so right on one show and not the other. Although, I have to be honest and say I never really looked inot FTWD to know if its the same poeple. Maybe Scott Gimple deserves more credit than we give for WD because I dont think he is involved with FTWD.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 1:09 pm

Yeah I was thinking about that. If it's not a lack of Scott Gimple, maybe it's a different casting director??
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2016 7:48 pm

OK so I know this a little late, but I have theory.
We've been told that this group is going to eventually meet up or interact in some way with the TWD group. Well this group is thinning out and splitting up, so I think it's a safe bet that they're going to meet Rick and Co. at different times/in different ways.

I don't know if this theory is prevalent and well traveled or not because I honestly have not even looked into it. it's just something that seemed very possible to me.
I know some of us here read the comics, but some may not or may not be current on them, so I'll just go ahead and put the theory as a spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2016 8:17 pm

there are alpha theories out there about the lady...Maddie?....I haven't seen any talking about nick.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 1:44 am

Yeah I could see that, with her "I'll protect my children at all costs" attitude. But it would be a cool twist to see Nick become Lord of the Walkers and punk Rick by slaying half his lieutenants for crossing him.
I could also envision Carl hitting it off with Nick and becoming sympathetic to his cause.

I hope the writers embrace the Alpha storyline one way or the other for sure though.
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 8:44 am

I think that we will see alpha and the whisperers at some point.....which show?....that I don't know but I'm sure we'll meet them\her somewhere down the line
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 11:10 am

Yeah I just see it as sort of telling that Nick is possibly the first person ever (given the timeline) to use the walker cloaking method, and definitely the only person we've seen who seems enjoy and embrace it and go back to it over and over again.
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 1:16 pm

you could very well be on to something....I would agree that he is most likely the 1st or close to and could for sure see him grouping up with others and teaching them that you can be invisible......
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2016 1:45 am

So how's everyone digging Negan?

I think this guy is absolutely crushing it. He's got that whole ever-smiling evil bastard thing down pat, and hes effectively taken over the show IMO.

Also, I think Spencer is a dead man next episode. Lol
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2016 1:04 pm

loving it as well.....dude is crushing as negan(in more ways than 1)....spence is either a dead man or going to be an inside man for the saviors.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Walking Dead
Page 20 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20