The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
New "Evil Dead" remake out this April!!!!!!!!! Vote_lcapNew "Evil Dead" remake out this April!!!!!!!!! Voting_barNew "Evil Dead" remake out this April!!!!!!!!! Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
New "Evil Dead" remake out this April!!!!!!!!! Vote_lcapNew "Evil Dead" remake out this April!!!!!!!!! Voting_barNew "Evil Dead" remake out this April!!!!!!!!! Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

New "Evil Dead" remake out this April!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59431

New "Evil Dead" remake out this April!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: New "Evil Dead" remake out this April!!!!!!!!!   New "Evil Dead" remake out this April!!!!!!!!! EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 3:10 am

This looks totally badass!

I'm a huge fan of the original series, but this one looks to be a lot darker and much less comedic. While I did enjoy the humor aspect of the original movies, I honestly don't see this remake as an injustice of any sort. It seems like a meaner, grittier, gnarlier interpretation of the original plot, and I'm cetainly OK with that.

[youtube][/youtube]

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22837

PostSubject: Re: New "Evil Dead" remake out this April!!!!!!!!!   New "Evil Dead" remake out this April!!!!!!!!! EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 8:01 am

Damn that does look good... I'm not sure how I feel about this yet. I have known about the remake for a while now and wondered how they would re do it.... IDK.... That series is one of my favorites... Bruce better be apart of it some how....
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: New "Evil Dead" remake out this April!!!!!!!!!   New "Evil Dead" remake out this April!!!!!!!!! EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 2:59 am

Chrom wrote:
Damn that does look good... I'm not sure how I feel about this yet. I have known about the remake for a while now and wondered how they would re do it.... IDK.... That series is one of my favorites... Bruce better be apart of it some how....
Oh absolutely, I feel very protective of the original series. I don't want this to be an injustice or anything, but IMO this doesn't seem to be the case. There's no way they could find anybody to deliver the part of
Ash as well as Campbell did, so I suppose they might as well change the direction altogether and just make it uber-savage, right?
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16376

PostSubject: Re: New "Evil Dead" remake out this April!!!!!!!!!   New "Evil Dead" remake out this April!!!!!!!!! EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 9:10 am

there had better be a little boom stick!
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: New "Evil Dead" remake out this April!!!!!!!!!   New "Evil Dead" remake out this April!!!!!!!!! EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 1:22 am

norcalmatt wrote:
there had better be a little boom stick!
Ahh....but wait;
There was no official "boom stick" until "Army of Darkness". However, I fully expect to see a chainsaw-hand of some sort. Looking at the above preview, it appears as though someone has to cut off their possessed hand, so I see no logical reason why said person wouldn't attach a chainsaw to the stump. I mean, it's just practical.
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16376

PostSubject: Re: New "Evil Dead" remake out this April!!!!!!!!!   New "Evil Dead" remake out this April!!!!!!!!! EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:52 pm

Oh yeah, it was AoD with "boom sick"
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15311

PostSubject: Re: New "Evil Dead" remake out this April!!!!!!!!!   New "Evil Dead" remake out this April!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 8:48 am

yes and yes and yes this remake loks like to have a lot of promise. huge cambell fan Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: New "Evil Dead" remake out this April!!!!!!!!!   New "Evil Dead" remake out this April!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 2:27 pm

The thing I loved about the original Evil Dead (1 and 2) was that feeling of being trapped inside with evil and there's no room to get away from it. A lot of horror movies don't have the balls to keep the setting as one small area for basicly the entire film, so they try to open it up and have it go from the hotel to the car to the woods to the abandoned house etc, etc in the interest of keeping things fresh. What was so bad-ass to me about The Evil Dead was that these people are stuck in this tiny cabin and there's evil beneath them, evil next to them, and evil outside, and there's not a fucking thing they can do about it, so they gotta stay there. I'm glad it looks like they're sticking with that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New "Evil Dead" remake out this April!!!!!!!!!   New "Evil Dead" remake out this April!!!!!!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

New "Evil Dead" remake out this April!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1