The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC Vote_lcapFedor Wants to Fight in the UFC Voting_barFedor Wants to Fight in the UFC Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC Vote_lcapFedor Wants to Fight in the UFC Voting_barFedor Wants to Fight in the UFC Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC

Go down 
+8
Zacchaeus
Gecko
the commie
norcalmatt
Triggerman99
Krieger
Chrom
butterknifeninja
12 posters
AuthorMessage
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 4012

Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC Empty
PostSubject: Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC   Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 5:18 pm

Quote :
“I can tell you the timing of my next bout right now,” said Emelianenko. “It’s going to be June or July.” Fedor further stated, “Of course, I want to compete at home, in front of my countrymen,” “But at the moment, the strongest and most respected MMA organization is situated in America. It’s the UFC. Therefore, I have to go to the US in order to face the strongest opponents.”

In an interview with Sportbox.ru, legendary MMA heavyweight, Fedor Emeliankenko gives some insight as to where he sees his future in mixed martial arts. After dropping three consecutive losses during his Strikeforce tenure, the former Pride champion is now riding a two fight win streak and looking for stronger opposition. However, despite various reports of Fedor possibly facing Cain Velasquez or Josh Barnett, nothing has been decided on just yet, although Fedor did confirm that both options are being discussed.

BJPenn.com

Exciting news? Or too little, too late?
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22855

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC   Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 5:39 pm

Hmmm.... I would still like to see it
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5736

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC   Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 7:30 pm

I would love to see the Paper Emperor signed to a ironclad 4 fight contract with increasing win bonuses leading up to a title shot based on victory and decreasing bonuses based on losses..... no.... really I would.... honest.

Now I dont believe he would make it past the first fight alive, but thats just my opinion.

Me...? I do watch the Indy 500 for the crashes..... and yup... this would be a big crash.

War Fedor! cheers
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59449

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC   Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 8:09 pm

No.

Thanks, but no thanks.
Funny how when you're on top of the world and have everyone convinced that you're unbeatable you won't go within sniffing distance of the UFC unless they basicly hand you and your management the keys to the fucking place.
Now, you get crushed in front of everybody, go underground and scrape the floor for a few cheap wins while somehow slipping further into mediocrity, and suddenly you show up with bells on, whistling this tune about how great the UFC is and how you should be there fighting for them.

Go home.
I'm over it.

You made this bed yourself. Now go lay in it.
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16394

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC   Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 8:54 pm

over it....id watch out of curiosity but dont think he'd be any kind of threat to the hw division...maybe a drop to lhw????
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7964

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC   Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 1:12 am

oh, come ooooooonnnnnnnnnn
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC   Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 3:42 am

is
norcalmatt wrote:
over it....id watch out of curiosity but dont think he'd be any kind of threat to the hw division...maybe a drop to lhw????

I thought this but goodness he'd be looking at a 30 pound drop at least.... at his age.... Naw let him die.... I mean compete... at heavyweight.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15329

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC   Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 8:15 am

Never will happen unless he is willing to come in and make what mid card fighters make. i dont think the UFC would give him any more than that. His name has been put to the test and failed pretty badly too.
Back to top Go down
Zacchaeus
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Zacchaeus

Standard Cash : 5403

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC   Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 8:19 am

I've been waiting so long to see Fedor get to the UFC that I am still on board if he wants to. Even if it is just to see him lose his first two fights and finish out his career as a UFC prelim fighter lol.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35197

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC   Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 9:20 am

Sure, I'm on board.
So long as they don't give him one fight and then a title fight to try to boost ratings.

Give him a mid level guy, then a top 10 guy (at least) before there is any talk of title fight.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12615

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC   Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 1:20 pm

Sure...Why not.
Back to top Go down
Grey Suit
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Grey Suit

Standard Cash : 31183

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC   Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 10:06 pm

FistK wrote:
Sure...Why not.

I hate instant rematches!

Fuck the 10 point must system!

See you all in a month!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7711

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC   Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 3:47 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:
No.

Thanks, but no thanks.
Funny how when you're on top of the world and have everyone convinced that you're unbeatable you won't go within sniffing distance of the UFC unless they basicly hand you and your management the keys to the fucking place.
Now, you get crushed in front of everybody, go underground and scrape the floor for a few cheap wins while somehow slipping further into mediocrity, and suddenly you show up with bells on, whistling this tune about how great the UFC is and how you should be there fighting for them.

Go home.
I'm over it.

You made this bed yourself. Now go lay in it.

This really sums it up quite well!!!.....

But... Give the sonuvabytch a chance. It's do or die for him now and his career is coming to a close soon. Let his fight story and final chapter end in the UFC.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7964

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC   Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 8:32 pm

im amazed that some of you are so...bitter, i guess. what happen with him was just business politics. no more. as i said before, the guy himself doesnt care who he fights.
would you really not want to see the best heavywheight of all time fight with the best of them now? yes, he is probably nnot going to win the clown anymore, but i be, he will still put on awesome fights. he is awesome to watch, period.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC   Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 11:48 pm

the commie wrote:
im amazed that some of you are so...bitter, i guess. what happen with him was just business politics. no more. as i said before, the guy himself doesnt care who he fights.
would you really not want to see the best heavywheight of all time fight with the best of them now? yes, he is probably nnot going to win the clown anymore, but i be, he will still put on awesome fights. he is awesome to watch, period.

For me, it's not an issue of how he fights. It's the idea that since now he more or less fallen on had times, he is suddenly changing his tune about the UFC. Now he is saying how he wants to go the UFC because he wants to fight the best.
But back during the first negotiation, that didn't seem to concern him in the least. He was perfectly content to crush cans forever, unless the UFC completely bent over backwards to satisfy his demands. That is not the mentality of a man who simply wants to test himself and prove where he stands in the history of the sport by fighting the best.

I'm sorry, but it smells funny to me when he basicly shunned the UFC when he was the consensus #1 in the world, but suddenly loves it now that he isn't even ranked.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35197

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC   Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 12:07 pm

I'll be happy to watch him fight anytime as a 4th or higher fight on a card.
What stinks is that they will ruin a UFC card by making his first fight be the main event or some crap.
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7711

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC   Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 2:22 pm

stock wrote:
I'll be happy to watch him fight anytime as a 4th or higher fight on a card.
What stinks is that they will ruin a UFC card by making his first fight be the main event or some crap.

Yeh the main event
not on PPV....
not on FOX .... No No!!
not on FX
but on ..... Fuel TV

Sweet I would watch Fedor main event for Free TV on Fuel TV!!
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC   Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 10:04 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:
the commie wrote:

For me, it's not an issue of how he fights. It's the idea that since now he more or less fallen on had times, he is suddenly changing his tune about the UFC. Now he is saying how he wants to go the UFC because he wants to fight the best.
But back during the first negotiation, that didn't seem to concern him in the least. He was perfectly content to crush cans forever, unless the UFC completely bent over backwards to satisfy his demands. That is not the mentality of a man who simply wants to test himself and prove where he stands in the history of the sport by fighting the best.

I'm sorry, but it smells funny to me when he basicly shunned the UFC when he was the consensus #1 in the world, but suddenly loves it now that he isn't even ranked.

Just in case it wasnt clear ... I have never liked the Paper Emperor... never have ... never will. But I would ppv to see him get his ass kicked in the UFC.... several times. albino
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC   Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 2:08 am

Nope. No thanks, Fedor-son.

I've always pretty much been of the belief that Fedor was great where he was, but won't ever be/never was great in this generation of MMa'ists.

I have no desire to see him fight on the big stage anymore for two reasons;

1. He's not good enough anymore.
2. He's shaming his fans.

I'm not a fan, but a lot of people are. And as much as I disagree that he is th greatest fighter ever, it bothers me that he is breaking the hearts of his fans by doing what he is doing.

I understand that there are fans who want to watch him fight no matter what and no matter whom against, but there are also those who just wish their hero would end it with at least a little bit of dignity left.

Then again......I'm a Diaz fan, so what do I know?
Laughing
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC   Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 2:44 pm

I really do believe Nick could take Fedor Shocked No ... really ... I do!
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 4012

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC   Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 3:35 pm

Fedor vs Forrest - Battle of the "I don't give a fuck anymore"s
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC   Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 8:42 am

Fedor vs Butterbean
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC   Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 2:11 pm

Fedor vs Ken Shamrock
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC   Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC Empty

Back to top Go down

Fedor Wants to Fight in the UFC
Page 1 of 1