The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
The Walking Dead - Page 4 Vote_lcapThe Walking Dead - Page 4 Voting_barThe Walking Dead - Page 4 Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
The Walking Dead - Page 4 Vote_lcapThe Walking Dead - Page 4 Voting_barThe Walking Dead - Page 4 Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

The Walking Dead

Go down 
+5
Triggerman99
Chrom
Gecko
FistK
samger2
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16377

The Walking Dead - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 11:09 am

yeah i think michone will develope with an important roll to play, it is still early. It seems like we know her but really have only been just introduced to her. It seems like she is showing alliance with rick and the main group a little more.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12598

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 12:22 pm

Snake Five wrote:
FistK wrote:
I have read every issue of the book and seen every episode of the show. I was hpoing reading it first would not ruin it for me and it hasnt. Its like the TV show flipped the bird to the book and said "thats fucking stupid we are doing it this way" lol

90% of the show is different then the book. I wont say anything to give anything away to you guys, because honestly i cant. They are obviously ignoring the book.

But in the book Andrea is a total badass and she never even goes to Woodbury. So I have no clue where her alliance will be when this all shakes out, because she never even saw Woodbury.

Michonne in the book is way more badass and she actually speaks a lot. Fyi - The reason she is such a good swordswoman is that she was the all-state fencing champion or something like that where she came from. Thats why she is so good with a sword. Maybe that makes Sam feel better that she isnt just some roaming ninja, haha. In the book she is also the opposite of a lesbian. She literally tries to fuck every guy in camp...lol

Daryl and Merle are not even in the book. Daryl is my favorite, but I have no idea what will happen with those two, because they dont even exist in the story.

As for last nights episode, in the book Axel did get shot in the head, but pretty much nothing else from last night happened, haha.

I heard that Kirkman liked the brothers so much he plans on adding them to the comics.

That would be awesome. Rick and crew could certainly use them now...
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59432

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 3:12 pm

FistK wrote:
Snake Five wrote:
FistK wrote:
I have read every issue of the book and seen every episode of the show. I was hpoing reading it first would not ruin it for me and it hasnt. Its like the TV show flipped the bird to the book and said "thats fucking stupid we are doing it this way" lol

90% of the show is different then the book. I wont say anything to give anything away to you guys, because honestly i cant. They are obviously ignoring the book.

But in the book Andrea is a total badass and she never even goes to Woodbury. So I have no clue where her alliance will be when this all shakes out, because she never even saw Woodbury.

Michonne in the book is way more badass and she actually speaks a lot. Fyi - The reason she is such a good swordswoman is that she was the all-state fencing champion or something like that where she came from. Thats why she is so good with a sword. Maybe that makes Sam feel better that she isnt just some roaming ninja, haha. In the book she is also the opposite of a lesbian. She literally tries to fuck every guy in camp...lol

Daryl and Merle are not even in the book. Daryl is my favorite, but I have no idea what will happen with those two, because they dont even exist in the story.

As for last nights episode, in the book Axel did get shot in the head, but pretty much nothing else from last night happened, haha.

I heard that Kirkman liked the brothers so much he plans on adding them to the comics.

That would be awesome. Rick and crew could certainly use them now...

lol
That's good stuff! I remember someone saying that Darryl wasn't in the book, but I actually just always assumed that Merle was. The fact that they both weren't actually makes much more sense to me.

I would love to see Michonne try to fuck someone. That just seems so unreal to me that it would be outright hilarious to see.

But back to the TV version:
I don't know what Rick's crew is going to do if the Governor decides to come back and finish what he started. Before the latest episode, I was anticipating an epic showdown, but it now seems like a huge mismatch. I mean, he was basicly just toying with them. I envisioned Rick's crew dug in at strategic positions throughout the prison and effectively picking off Woodbury invaders and defending their territory, while the Governor's team tries to find some way hidden way inside. But just when that sounded all well and good, the Governor sends a truck full of walkers right through the fucking front door like "What you got Rick?! Huh? What you got?! Nothing, that's what!!!" LOL

And now what do you do about Merle? It was nice and tidy just telling him to fuck off and he was happy to do so, but now he came back with Darryl and basicly saved Rick's crazy ass. Hard to turn him back on the road now.
Back to top Go down
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

Standard Cash : 3771

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 11:50 pm

I felt bad for Glen, he was the only one trying to prepare for the inevitable. Also guess it's time to use that new group.

Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 2:33 am

Oh yeah, it seems like that new group wil be some sort of strike team; just go in there and kick as much ass as possible before getting wiped out. I just see them maybe doing enough damage to give the "real" team an opening to do something significant.

I also picture Rick just channeling his crazy into something really bad-ass, like making a deal with the Governor and then just saying fuck it and putting a bullet in his head.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10293

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 7:21 am

This past Sunday's episode was easily the most boring episode to date...of any season. I understand the necessity to show the interpersonal relationships between societies/gangs...and to show the relationships of the characters inside the walls of the prison and such...but wow...what a stale episode. I literally was falling asleep not at all caring what was on the TV. I'm sure this is a natural progression, but the show lately is less and less about zombies and more and more about the interaction of the living.

Oh and Andrea needs to go. She's horrible...really so horrible that it's getting unbelievable.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 3:23 pm

Yeah Andrea is so oblivious and unbearable that I didn't even care at all, whatsoever, that she was walking around naked. Anyone who knows me realizes that speaks volumes. I have to really dislike a woman who is at least semi-attractive to not even care about the thought of her being naked, even when I can't see it. I did think it was funny though that Carol of all people was the one who was like "Give him the cooch and then kill him him when he's in a sex coma".

The best part about this episode was the zombie curb-stomp. That made me kind of laugh a little.

And does anyone kind of find that "other" daughter a little annoying? When she started singing (again!!), I half expected Darrly or somebody to go "Oh would you just shut the fuck up already with that shit!?!"
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 12:32 pm

Honestly...and I'm surprised I'm saying this...the more the show goes on, the more I find Carol attractive. Dunno what it is about her.

Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22838

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 12:56 pm

^ I'm with ya there.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 1:50 pm

I think it's the short hair and the fact that she's not dumb.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5719

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 1:53 pm

Its the eyes...
The Walking Dead - Page 4 Nm0564350
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 5:49 pm

I like it during the first episode of this season (the actual first episode, not the first episode of the mid-season finale) where she was kind of sexually harrassing Darryl. Remember? She went to bring him some food when he was on watch the first night in the prison, and she said her shoulder was sore from shooting. So he's rubbing her shoulder for her and she says something like "Pretty romantic. Wanna fool around?" So he just kind of rolls his eyes and says "Let's get back to the group" and then heads toward the ladder and says "I'll go down first". So Carol says "Oooh! Even better!", then he starts laughing and says "Oh, stop!" and she's just smirking at him.
LOL!

I'm not gonna lie, I found her a little hot from that point on.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 6:52 pm

Yeah I think you're right...it's the eyes. And something has to happen between her and Darryl eventually.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 8:17 pm

Isn't she a little old for Darrly though?

Maybe someone who read the book knows for sure and can correct me, but she seems to be roughly late 40s or even early 50s, and Darrly can't be older than 30 or so.

Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 7:23 am

Triggerman99 wrote:

Maybe someone who read the book knows for sure and can correct me, but she seems to be roughly late 40s or even early 50s, and Darrly can't be older than 30 or so.

Well the book and the tv show or SO completely different it almost doesnt matter anymore lol.

In the book Carol was 25 years old and a fucking weirdo. She asked Rick and his wife if she could be married to them both lol. When Lori turns her down she commits suicide and leaves Sophia (her daughter who got bit by a zombie and rick had to kill in the second season) with Glenn and Maggie to raise as her parents. So yeah way different. Sophia lives and carol dies in the book, haha.

And as far as Andrea goes, I totally agree with you guys. She is so fucking annoying on the show and naive that is becoming annoying. In the book she was fucking BADASS!!! She was the groups sniper. She literally saved them on so many occasions. The invasion that happened two weeks ago on the show also happened in the book, but it went down way different in the book. In the book Andrea got to the guard tower and just fucked them all up and drove them back to Woodbury, haha. Dont get me wrong they come back but the first invasion went down nothing like that. In the book Andrea never even goes to woodbury nor does she ever meet the governor so I really have no clue whats going to happen in the show any more.

I still love it though.

Last edited by FistK on Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 2:28 pm

FistK wrote:
Triggerman99 wrote:

Well the book and the tv show or SO completely different it almost doesnt matter anymore lol.

In the book Carol was 25 years old and a fucking weirdo. She asked Rick and his wife if she could be married to them both lol.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! lol!

I literally just read this first part of your post and laughed for like 5 minutes before I was even able to compose myself and read the rest of it! LOL!! I don't why, but that just strikes me really funny for some reason. I may have to go ahead and read the book.
So Carol kicked some serious ass during that first invasion, eh? Yeah, they are definitely taking some serious liberties with the show.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 6:33 am

Triggerman99 wrote:
FistK wrote:
Triggerman99 wrote:

In the book Carol was 25 years old and a fucking weirdo. She asked Rick and his wife if she could be married to them both lol.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! lol!

I literally just read this first part of your post and laughed for like 5 minutes before I was even able to compose myself and read the rest of it! LOL!! I don't why, but that just strikes me really funny for some reason. I may have to go ahead and read the book.
So Carol kicked some serious ass during that first invasion, eh? Yeah, they are definitely taking some serious liberties with the show.

Haha, yeah she was bizarre for sure and no it was Andrea who kicked ass during the invasion not Carol. Carol had already off'd herself by that point because Lori rejected her marriage proposal lol
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 9:50 pm

Oh, you wrote Carol in that first post, not Andrea.
That makes more sense.

But as annoying as Andrea is, she hasn't like ruined the show for me or anything....at least not yet. It's starting to seem like there are two main plots that are taking over the show; The Governor and Andrea, and Rick's instability. Not that those two plotlines aren't important, but that's not all I want to see from here on out. I just hope to see more effort in the coming weeks to include some other parts of the story, because I can't handle Andrea's dumbass for 50% of the screen time.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 8:36 am

I miss seeing zombies.

The show used to focus on zombies...now it focuses on the interpersonal relationships between dumb people.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 11:12 am

Triggerman99 wrote:
That makes more sense.

But as annoying as Andrea is, she hasn't like ruined the show for me or anything....at least not yet. It's starting to seem like there are two main plots that are taking over the show; The Governor and Andrea, and Rick's instability. Not that those two plotlines aren't important, but that's not all I want to see from here on out. I just hope to see more effort in the coming weeks to include some other parts of the story, because I can't handle Andrea's dumbass for 50% of the screen time.

Yup you are right, thanks! I just edited it in case anyone else reads it, but I did mistakenly write carol.

And trust me if they even remotely follow the book (which they havent dont do far haha) there is SO MUCH more to come!

I really recommend checking out the comics. I keep calling it a book but its a monthly comic just like spiderman or avengers.

You can buy the two compendiums. The first one is issue 1-48 and the second is 48-96. That will almost completely catch you up. The book is up to 107 now.

Or you can watch them on youtube believe it or not. There is some guy that just tapes each comic so you can read them all on youtube, haha.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5719

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 12:33 pm

OMG ... I loved the Zombie traps with Rats as bait. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 2:16 pm

FistK wrote:
Triggerman99 wrote:
That makes more sense.

Yup you are right, thanks! I just edited it in case anyone else reads it, but I did mistakenly write carol.

And trust me if they even remotely follow the book (which they havent dont do far haha) there is SO MUCH more to come!

I really recommend checking out the comics. I keep calling it a book but its a monthly comic just like spiderman or avengers.

You can buy the two compendiums. The first one is issue 1-48 and the second is 48-96. That will almost completely catch you up. The book is up to 107 now.

Or you can watch them on youtube believe it or not. There is some guy that just tapes each comic so you can read them all on youtube, haha.

So it's still ongoing? That's cool!
I did see a book in a bookstore once a little while back called "The Road to Woodbury". It was apparently the story of how the Governor and Woodbury came to be what they are. I alomost bought it, but thought it might have spoiled some future content on the show for me or something.

I think I'm going to look into the comics, because given how different you say the show and comics are, I'm actually really interested to see for myself.
Back to top Go down
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

Standard Cash : 3771

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 5:21 pm

So this episode was fucking awesome, so far the episodes they go out on runs are the best.

Fuck yeah Krieger the rat traps were awesome, hell all the traps were awesome I really like when it gets into the tactic stuff.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 7:52 pm

I thought this episode was OK. I was sort of let down that the entire episode was about the run. Literally- not one minute of this episode was dedicated to anybody or anything else. I don't think that's ever happened on the show before.
But it was cool to see what happened to Morgan. It's like I've said before; nobody just dies or dissapears on this show. If a loose end is not tied up right away, it will be eventually.....even if it's a season or two later.
Morgan went for real batshit crazy. Even Rick seemed to be like "Damn, and I thought I was crazy!". And maybe this is just my inner survivalist "find a use for everything" dude talking, but it killed me to see Rick leave so many guns behind with Morgan. I know they could only take so much with them and they only have so many people to use them, but I would've figured something out. Morgan didn't need them all, so I would've gone back a bunch of times to load up again or something. I don't know, it was just painful for me to see them leave so many behind like that.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 8:16 am

Yeah man still going strong. Its a monthly comic. Right now they are up to 107 and I would say the show is probably only up to like 30-40 or so believe it or not, SO much more has happened in the comic.

I thought it was pretty awesome to see Morgan as well. Again, totally not what happened in the comic with him lol. I watched the talking dead after the show and the woman guest summed up her feelings about the show the exact same as mine, because she reads the comic too. When Tyreese first showed up I was like "FUCK YES TYREESE IS HERE!!! WOOO!" Then Rick chased him off and I was like "Wha, wait! Where are you going, no!!!" lol In the comic Tyreese is Ricks best friend and muscle along with Michonne. Then last night when they took the mask off that the guy and it was Morgan, I was like "Yes Morgan! Awesome!" And at the end "wha wait where are you guys going???!!??? Dont leave him!" lol. It was like I could here the gameshow fail music in the background, wah wah wah waaaaahhhh...

Trigg my wife was yelling the same thing about the guns...lol "WTF!? they drove all that fucking way and they are filling up the car with a fucking baby crib and only bringin a backpack full of guns back!?!" lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Walking Dead
Page 4 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next