The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
The Walking Dead - Page 5 Vote_lcapThe Walking Dead - Page 5 Voting_barThe Walking Dead - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
The Walking Dead - Page 5 Vote_lcapThe Walking Dead - Page 5 Voting_barThe Walking Dead - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

The Walking Dead

Go down 
+5
Triggerman99
Chrom
Gecko
FistK
samger2
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10308

The Walking Dead - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 10:31 pm

I liked the episode...I thought the character that plays Morgan did a FANTASTIC job...I was really impressed. And I think you'll all be happy to hear, a tiny bit of me began to like Michone after this episode...but not because of her badass-edness...rather quite the opposite...I liked seeing her speaking parts now...I like that they're showing her as a real human being with feelings.

The one part that both my wife and I commented on...how the hell did she go into that bar and get that picture frame in 8 seconds while zombies were trampling all over it? Stupid scene to say the least.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12613

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 10:12 am

I actually liked the episode as well. I know it was different because they focused on one group only and I wouldnt want them to do it consistently, but I liked it this once.

I was pretty happy they started letting Michonne speak as well, because I agree with you guys that her non speaking glaring role was getting old.

The only thing from that past episode that happened that actually happened in the book was the end scene. Michonne confides in Rick that she used to talk to her dead boyfriend as well and he shouldnt be ashamed. Although they were already friend in the book when she said it, but at least it was something, haha.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 10:14 am

Oh and I was also pumped that they chose that guy to play Morgan. he was in one of my favorite movies of all time...Snatch.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 10:19 am

After talking to a co-worker, we both agreed that we liked this episode so much because it didn't include Andrea or the Governor...or Woodbury. It went back to the old way of moving through a city, scavenging for supplies and running.

I don't care at all for the Governor, or Andrea, or Woodbury for that matter...it drones on and IMO makes it kind of unenjoyable at times.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 2:45 pm

samger2 wrote:
It went back to the old way of moving through a city, scavenging for supplies and running.

Funny you say that, because I never really thought about it before, but I think there is something to it for me too.

For me I actually do like the Woodbury thing as well, only because it mixes it up and if the show was only about killing zombies it might get old, but I think you are right. Going back to the beginning of moving through cities and the tenseness of worrying about where the fuckers were was definitely what I loved and now realize is probably my favorite part.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59447

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 2:50 pm

The thing is, the whole Wodbury scene just seems kind of stale. All that seems to happen is Andrea gets suspicious and questions the Governor about something, he smooth talks her and/or dismisses her outright, that big latino guy says something inconclusive to someone and then grins devilishly, the nerd get's all twitchy and nervous about something, rinse, and repeat.
Just fucking attack the prison or get your shit together and move on! Enough already with the stupid little hints and "suspenseful" set-up.

I do hope we see Morgan again. Might we see him come to the rescue of Rick's group during an attack from Woodbury? That would be sweet. Rick did tell him they were staying at the prison and Morgan is obviously capable of raining some serious Hell on someone if he decides to do so. I can so see him sneaking up behind the Governor's group in the prison yard right when they think they got Rick's group dead to rights. Morgan's crazy ass would just start shelling them and the Governor would turn around with surprise in his one eye like "Whaaaa?!"

And I'm with Samger; I actually started to like Michonne a bit too in this episode. She actually seemed somewhat likeable for a change.

Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22853

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 2:55 pm

I think it may have something to do with the fact that she is finally being shown as human and able to have a speaking role. (the writers clearly saw my gripe a couple weeks ago and wanted to appease me Wink )
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 6:54 am

Triggerman99 wrote:
The thing is, the whole Wodbury scene just seems kind of stale. All that seems to happen is Andrea gets suspicious and questions the Governor about something, he smooth talks her and/or dismisses her outright, that big latino guy says something inconclusive to someone and then grins devilishly, the nerd get's all twitchy and nervous about something, rinse, and repeat.
Just fucking attack the prison or get your shit together and move on! Enough already with the stupid little hints and "suspenseful" set-up.

I do hope we see Morgan again. Might we see him come to the rescue of Rick's group during an attack from Woodbury? That would be sweet. Rick did tell him they were staying at the prison and Morgan is obviously capable of raining some serious Hell on someone if he decides to do so. I can so see him sneaking up behind the Governor's group in the prison yard right when they think they got Rick's group dead to rights. Morgan's crazy ass would just start shelling them and the Governor would turn around with surprise in his one eye like "Whaaaa?!"

And I'm with Samger; I actually started to like Michonne a bit too in this episode. She actually seemed somewhat likeable for a change.

I hate you fuckers! You are ruining the show for me! lol I dont even mean it in a bad way, it's because I think im starting to realize you are right...lol

I never really thought about it until now, but reading the comic does have a big effect on the show for me. I didn't think it did, because they pretty much don't follow the book at all, but it does.

I really enjoy the Woodbury stuff on the show. but until I started talking to you guys I didnt realize that those scenes are pretty dull and not much going on. I only really like them, because of the anticipation I have for what I know is coming.

Damn it! lol
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 12:32 pm

I think part of the problem is the amount of idiotic characters that are part of woodbury. Andrea speaks for herself...no explanation needed...the governor has become a superman of men that can take shards of glass to the eye and still shoot a gun from a distance and be pretty accurate...without the use of depth perception...let alone the fact that he was FREAKING STABBED IN THE EYE and didn't bleed out or die. Then we have all these peaceful people that want only to live in harmony yet at the drop of a hat they're willing to create an army to kill other humans...including an 80 year old woman.

Probably was really cool in the book...but IMO is really stupid on the show.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 2:29 pm

FistK wrote:
Triggerman99 wrote:

I hate you fuckers! You are ruining the show for me! lol I dont even mean it in a bad way, it's because I think im starting to realize you are right...lol

I never really thought about it until now, but reading the comic does have a big effect on the show for me. I didn't think it did, because they pretty much don't follow the book at all, but it does.

I really enjoy the Woodbury stuff on the show. but until I started talking to you guys I didnt realize that those scenes are pretty dull and not much going on. I only really like them, because of the anticipation I have for what I know is coming.

Damn it! lol
lol
Well then, you should consider yourself blessed; you know something good is about to happen. Me and Samger are just sitting there going "Really? Is this all that's going to happen again on this episode?" At least you know there's a light at the end of the tunnel.
But then again, do you know that for sure? Like you said; the show is completely different than the book. So what you think is coming might not actually be coming at all.
Uh oh, did I just accidentally ruin the show even more for you? Sorry! LOL

But if it's any consolation, I actually enjoy when you talk about the differences between the two. It's interesting to know that things are similar but different in the book with the characters that I have come to know and like on the show. It's almost like seeing what their lives would be like in a different dimension or something like that.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 3:07 pm

It's like those video games where you can take different routes to provide different outcomes.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 9:07 am

Well, again we that by adding the governor, andrea and woodbury we're left with a very slow episode with next to no action and useless banter. However, one thing I did find pretty entertaining was when andrea was trying to butt into the conversation and be a "leader" and they interrupted her and shut her down.
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16392

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 11:51 am

sam...just stop watching!...you dont enjoy it so why do it every week?????

i liked the ep.....shows us that rick still has his witts about him and can put aside the crazy....showed glen maybe earn a lil respect in meryls eyes....andrea got invited back to the group and seemed to be interested in rejoining them....which leads me to believe she may be the one to kill the gov!!!(that would to a little on her behalf towrds some redemption)......got to see the formation of frienamys beetween hercial and nerdy doc and mexican dude and darryl.....

side topic: who do you think is going to kill the gov....michone in the book....but is it going to be her on the show???

i say andrea 1st pick....meryl 2nd pick and michone 3rd pick
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 11:53 am

going to throw tyreese in to the mix as possible gov slayer.......in the preview it shows andrea telling his group the gov isnt who he seems to be.....
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 12:20 pm

I don't want to stop watching the show...I LIKE the show...alot. It's one of the few shows I watch regularly...I just very much dislike the avenue (hopefully temporary one) that they've chosen with dedicating full hour long episodes to useless drivel with little to no action.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 2:23 pm

I'm kind of split on this episode.
I'm with Samger that it followed the same formula of "a whole lot of nothing", but I actually did enjoy it based almost soley on the high-alert tension factor. The whole Rick and the Governor interaction was really good, IMO, and I was pleasantly surprised that Rick held his own and didn't just get his doors blown off by the Governor's manipulation and double-talk like I expected. IMO because this episode was about the first interaction between these two, there really was no other way to do it than meticulous and slow-paced; nothing else would have worked in this scenario.

I thought it was really awesome that Rick prepped his people for war instead of buying into the Gov's BS about the deal he offered. We all knew that the Gov wasn't going to hold up his end of the bargain, but I actually thought Rick was going to take the bait.
When he went back and told the prison group "We're going to war" I was like War! Metal War!

Here's my bold predictions, knowing nothing about the book at all:

-Merle will eventually end up back with the Governor.
-Tyrese and his group will join Andrea and Milton and join Rick's group.
-Karl is going to kill the Governor by blindsided him while he's in conflict with someone else, probably Michonne.
-Andrea will be killed by season's end (OK, that one is just wishful thinking).
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 3:27 pm

I actually like all of your predictions. I didn't think of Karl killing the Governor...but I like that...especially in defense of Michone considering he sort of bonded with her when he wanted to get that picture from the bar.

And I don't trust Merle, I can see him back with the Governor...basically wherever Merle can get the leg up is where his loyalties will be...I don't buy the fact that he all of a sudden gives a squat about his brother.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 3:29 pm

I guess to add another thought...I can see value in MOST of the characters...most except Andrea. Maybe it's her annoying qualities, but I really don't see what she brings to the table. I really hope they wipe her out soon.
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 3:31 pm

only teasing ya sam......i get it but its an ongoing story still as far as book is concerned with no end yet....in order for the show to continue for many seasons and flourish there are going to be slow eps dedicated to character development and "seed planting".....for instance this was a slow ep but now seeds have been planted which allow for many differant out comes with group members from both sides......dont get me wrong i like action and zombie carnage but if i remember correctly the episode with morgan where he meets rick was a "slow episode" but allowed for a good episode to come.....
Back to top Go down
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

Standard Cash : 3786

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 1:45 am

They should have just decapitated Woodsbury and killed The Governor right there. Also goddammnit Glen and Maggie, I get you want to sleep together ,but you know don't do it when you're on guard duty.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 2:45 am

I'm OK with Maggie and Glen gettin it on.......mainly because I got to see Maggie and her almost-but-not-quite-naked, sexy-ass-girating-nasty-girl, sex-crazed-farmer-girl, fine-ass-self in (almost) all her glory.

Yeah, I love me some Maggie.
Back to top Go down
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

Standard Cash : 3786

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 3:09 am

Oh don't get me wrong she's fucking hot and British... which surprised the hell out of me, but I'd be fucking pissed in the zombie apocalypse.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 8:16 am

I agree Snake...that's probably what bothered me the most is that Rick didn't off the governor right then and there when he had the chance. I hate it when things don't jive...for instance he won't save a lone hitch hiker on the side of the road because he's afraid of the potential ramifications of letting him in the group....yet he comes face to face with the man responsible for personally attacking his entire group...giving them more of a threat than the zombies pose...yet he can't pull the trigger and drinks whiskey with him instead. Off the governor right then and there...problem solved. But I guess we wouldn't have a TV show that lasted very long if normal decisons like that were made would we? haha.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 2:15 pm

But you have to remember; Rick was hoping to make a deal with him where any kind of conflict could be avoided altogether. if he just shot him, who's to say the rest of Woodbury wouldn't just rise up and come string everybody up at the prison in the Governor's honor. If Rick just killed him, he would have become a martyr.
Killing the Governor might have made things much, much worse instead of better.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 2:29 pm

I actually really liked this episode. I thought the directing was awesome and really made the episode tense.

Like the governor sitting down next to a hidden gun. There was absolutely not need to show that at all, because it never came into play, but what it did was keep you on the edge of your seat the entire time wondering when the hell he was going to make his move.

It will be really interesting to see what goes down next week. Im not exactly sure Rick was actually prepping his group for war. He may have been trying to not alert Michonne to his plan to give her up. None of this happens in the book, so I have no clue.

Btw - Someone above said that Michonne kills the governor in the book, but she does not.

I can say who does it in the book if you guys want, but its up to you. It almost DEFINITELY will not go down that way in the show because it would be way to boring for tv.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Walking Dead
Page 5 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next