The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP - Page 2 Vote_lcapNick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP - Page 2 Voting_barNick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP - Page 2 Vote_lcapNick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP - Page 2 Voting_barNick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP

Go down 
+9
Zacchaeus
samger2
DEP
Chrom
butterknifeninja
Berserk
Grey Suit
couture fan
Triggerman99
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mogal
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
Mogal

Standard Cash : 6216

Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 1:29 pm

LOL What's BJ saying about all this?

Condit was suppost to fight him right?
I bet he's fuming between the ears right about now. Mad

Did Condit step up for the fight(and ditch BJ) or was it dirrected by the UFC?
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/imogal/mogal
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10314

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 1:39 pm

The more I think about it, the more I'm glad this fight isn't occuring. On the off chance that Diaz did in fact beat GSP...what a horrible spokesman and role model he'd be as a UFC champion. GSP IMO is one of the most respectable champions...let alone fighters in general...that the UFC has ever seen. Can you imagine if Nick Diaz was representing our sport as a champion? Horrible....
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35201

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 3:33 pm

I disagree completely.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 6:26 pm

How so?
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 4016

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 6:46 pm

Krieger wrote:
What is this kids job? Couple of press conferences, sell the fight.... train... fight.

Really? Nick? You give up the chance of a life time because.......... ? Dana White "isn't the boss of me" ? Really?

Actually Nick, he is the boss of you. Good luck getting another title shot...
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 7:40 pm

Uhhh.... I don't recall him saying anything like "Dana White isn't the boss of me".

Where was that?

Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5740

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 8:06 pm

It was not a literal quote it was referring to Nicks overall attitude towards the basic requirements of his job. It is fine to be a rebel and all of that but when you have an employer who has basic demands and tasks for you to do such as selling a fight at a press conference or promoting the match you do it.

The "you're not the boss of me" is a parody of a stereotypical comment or protestation a young child might say to an adult who is currently in charge of their behaviour. I as a Child Care Worker of young emotionally disturbed children in my youth actually experienced this protest. At the time I thought it was quite funny.

Seeing a similarity between Nicks attitude towards Dana and his task demand and the children I used to work with I thought it would be funny to draw a parallel between the two. I did not expect it to be taken in a literal sense.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 9:43 pm

I know what you meant. My point is he never said that.... or anything like it.

Just because you chose to "draw a parallel" between this situation and a different situation altogether does not make it truthful.

It's pretty obvious from the video IMO that his attitude about the whole thing is "I don't see what the big deal is". That's different than what you are trying to imply.

If you didn't mean it literally, you probably should have said something along the lines of "Not literally".

There's enough reasons to hate on Diaz and be pissed about the situation. Making up things that he never said is a little unecessary at this point, don't you think?
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 10:23 pm

No it was just a joke ... lighten up...

Oh yeah ..... You're not the boss of me!
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 11:12 pm

I never said that. What I said was.......

lol!
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 7:10 am

Now boys...don't make me pull over.....
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 9:09 am

But ... he started it ....

and he touched me!

YOU ALWAYS TAKE HIS SIDE.....

... Are we there yet?

Mooooomm Trigger is looking at me!
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 10:06 am

I have to say, that what Krieger insinuated is exactly how I took what Diaz said in that lil video he did... its the general vibe that whole video put out IMO.
Back to top Go down
Mogal
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
Mogal

Standard Cash : 6216

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 1:33 pm

Yep, I agree with Chrom, agreeing with Krieger.

Thats just the whole Nick Diaz attitude...
He'll do what he wants when he wants and no one will tell him otherwise....

I'll also agree with Trigg tho, cuz Diaz never did say it Wink

Lets draw a circle and go round an' round k?! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/imogal/mogal
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 2:29 pm

Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP - Page 2 E8e6f810
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 3:11 pm

OH YEAH...... ? Well I agree with Triggerman.... uh .... uh .....

Shutting up now.....
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 3:45 pm

Me too!

Wait......what?

Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 9:23 pm

stock wrote:
I disagree completely.

It's a matter of opinion.
I don't get caught up in personalities and who the "nice" and "polished" guys are.
I am in to MMA for exciting fights and nothing more.

Nick Diaz = very exciting fighter.

GSP = boring fighter.

I would much rather have an exciting fighter be the face of a division than a guy who goes for the safe decision.
That's why I am so excited to see Diaz agains Penn.
Let GSP dry hump conditt for 25 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 10:48 pm

St Pierre has fought the premier welterweights in his division.

After Nick lost his job after losing 3 in a row to Sherk, RIGGS, and Sanchez he moved onto the smaller shows with competition he could handle. Most of his fights were against fighters with records hovering around .500 or a little too old and slow for a fair match up.

Put GSP against those same opponents you would see the same result or better than Nick was able to muster.

Put Nick against Shields... loss, against Koschuk.... loss, against Hardy... loss, against Alves... loss, against Penn, Fitch or Hughes... all losses. But Nick sure did well against a burnt out Cyborg, a 36 year old Sakurai, UFC cast offs like Smith, Shamrock, and guys who would never make the UFC.

GSP soundly defeats Shields, beats Koschek to a bloody pulp and puts him in the hospital and out for almost a year, beats Alves to tears for 5 rounds, beats Penn to a bloody pulp and puts him in the hospital, knees Serra till he pisses blood for a week, rips Hughes arm off in one of the sickest arm bars I have seen.....

Don't blame the player blame the game. If people want to see GSP beating up fighters and knocking them unconscious then give him the quality of fighter Nick has been facing.

Back to top Go down
Zacchaeus
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Zacchaeus

Standard Cash : 5407

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 10:56 pm

Yeah, Diaz would have more trouble against Cris Cyborg than her boy toy.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 11:06 pm

I don't know man .... I have wet dreams hoping she would do this to me....

Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP - Page 2 Cyborg-beats-carano

Cyborrrrg how could you do this to MY GINA?
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 1:53 am

Krieger wrote:

After Nick lost his job after losing 3 in a row to Sherk, RIGGS, and Sanchez he moved onto the smaller shows with competition he could handle. Most of his fights were against fighters with records hovering around .500 or a little too old and slow for a fair match up.

Put GSP against those same opponents you would see the same result or better than Nick was able to muster.

Put Nick against Shields... loss, against Koschuk.... loss, against Hardy... loss, against Alves... loss, against Penn, Fitch or Hughes... all losses. But Nick sure did well against a burnt out Cyborg, a 36 year old Sakurai, UFC cast offs like Smith, Shamrock, and guys who would never make the UFC.

GSP soundly defeats Shields, beats Koschek to a bloody pulp and puts him in the hospital and out for almost a year, beats Alves to tears for 5 rounds, beats Penn to a bloody pulp and puts him in the hospital, knees Serra till he pisses blood for a week, rips Hughes arm off in one of the sickest arm bars I have seen.....

Don't blame the player blame the game. If people want to see GSP beating up fighters and knocking them unconscious then give him the quality of fighter Nick has been facing.

....All superficial and no fact.

Anyone can say GSP "would" beat so-and-so and Diaz "wouldn't" beat so and so, but the fact of the matter is they have zero common opponents.
I'm not gonna sit here and say GSP couldn't beat the guys that Diaz beat, but it doesn't matter. Because Diaz didn't beat the guys that GSP beat.
So what does it prove? Nothing.

MMAMath is a fickle bitch. Everyone knows that. It's been proven time and time again that MMAMath doesn't prove a goddamn thing.

We all can agree that GSP probably has the abilty to stifle Diaz into a UD victory, but we don't know that for sure.
That's exactly why we want- fuck it- we need to eventually see this fight.

As a fan of MMA, I pray to god that this fight still has a chance to happen.

OK, you got my attention! Happy now?
Metal
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 2:00 pm

Krieger wrote:

For the record, I was only responding to samg on why I disagreed with his beliefs that Diaz would be a horrible face for the UFC.

To your comments, I never said I thought Diaz would stand a chance against GSP.
I only said that I dislike GSP because he is b o r i n g. I don't find fighters entertaining that play it safe and are perfectly fine with a decision win. I was GSP's biggest fan until Serra absolutely ruined him by making him tap out from strikes.

You don't need to put together long win streaks to gain my support. You just need to put together entertaining fights. I am fans of guys like Brock, Cain, Santos, Shogun, Jones, Wandy, Vitor, Leben, Stann, Aldo, and the Diaz brothers (obviously many more).
I hate watching guys fight like GSP, Maynard, Edgar, Davis, Sonnen, Fitch, Mendes and many more.

By the way, I do hate the game. The game being the point/judging system, and too many tools taken away from fighters to finish fights.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 5:13 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:
Krieger wrote:

....All superficial and no fact.

Anyone can say GSP "would" beat so-and-so and Diaz "wouldn't" beat so and so, but the fact of the matter is they have zero common opponents.
I'm not gonna sit here and say GSP couldn't beat the guys that Diaz beat, but it doesn't matter. Because Diaz didn't beat the guys that GSP beat.
So what does it prove? Nothing.

MMAMath is a fickle bitch. Everyone knows that. It's been proven time and time again that MMAMath doesn't prove a goddamn thing.

We all can agree that GSP probably has the abilty to stifle Diaz into a UD victory, but we don't know that for sure.
That's exactly why we want- fuck it- we need to eventually see this fight.

As a fan of MMA, I pray to god that this fight still has a chance to happen.

OK, you got my attention! Happy now?
Metal

Ok ... sure .... where do Las Vegas odds makers get their odds from? Do they pull them out their ass? GSP opens at -365 favorite over Condit... where do they get these numbers from? Obviously the numbers come from somewhere in fact otherwise you'd have a bunch of really poor bookies in Vegas. Sure sometimes they are wrong sometimes right. Odds are made through a mathematical formula that takes into account as many variables as they can to make a prediction that will allow gamblers to make a decision on their gamble that they feel comfortable with.

The average fight fan bases their choice on what they feel about their fighter. I believed GSP would have knocked Nick the fuck out.... I believe he will knock Condit the fuck out.... and I believe Penn will stuff Nicks head up his ass.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 8:58 pm

Stock...I appreciate the response. And since you put it that way, I definitely see your point and it makes alot of sense.

I'm one of those guys that gets caught up in the attitudes and personalities of the fighters so that definitely sways my opinions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next