The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP Vote_lcapNick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP Voting_barNick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP Vote_lcapNick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP Voting_barNick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP

Go down 
+9
Zacchaeus
samger2
DEP
Chrom
butterknifeninja
Berserk
Grey Suit
couture fan
Triggerman99
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59441

Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP Empty
PostSubject: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 3:58 pm

http://mmaweekly.com/nick-diaz-out-carlos-condit-faces-georges-st-pierre-in-the-main-event-at-ufc-137

No No No No No No No No No No No No

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

I knew Dana was gonna be pissed about Nick bailing on the press conference!

Son of a BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
couture fan
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
couture fan

Standard Cash : 5589

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 4:03 pm

Cesar Gracie himself said he was in a Plane crash? Wot?

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/9/7/2410989/ufc-137-nick-diaz-out-carlos-condit-in-against-georges-st-pierre

Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 4:03 pm

Oh, and in case I wasn't clear....

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!
GOD-FUCKING-DAMMIT!!!!!

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
couture fan
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
couture fan

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 4:05 pm

Gracie is now saying Diaz is hiding Shocked The fuck?

[Update] Dana just took a call from Cesar Gracie during the press conference. Dana relayed that Cesar feels embarrassed, and that he's tried to turn Nick Diaz around. Cesar also apparently told Dana that Nick is hiding and nobody can find him.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 4:07 pm

The fuck is going on?!

This is crazy....
Back to top Go down
couture fan
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
couture fan

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 4:08 pm

More again

Gracie at one point had Diaz in his house but Diaz then snuck out his backdoor and bolted.

What The fuckity?
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 4:17 pm

Yeah I'm currently scouring the web trying to find out what the fuck is happening. I just read that, too.
It sounds like he's having a fucking panic attack or something.
I'd like to know more about this supposed plane crash. judging by the way Cesar Gracie is talking, I'm guessing the crash thing isn't true.
Back to top Go down
couture fan
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
couture fan

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 4:29 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:
Yeah I'm currently scouring the web trying to find out what the fuck is happening. I just read that, too.
It sounds like he's having a fucking panic attack or something.
I'd like to know more about this supposed plane crash. judging by the way Cesar Gracie is talking, I'm guessing the crash thing isn't true.

Yeah, I would imagine its bull. I would take what Gracie is saying over one of Diaz's team mates. Seems like a bolt because of ...i don't know.. anxiety?

Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 4:30 pm

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/09/07/cesar-gracie-i-cant-stick-up-for-nick-on-this-one/

Yeah, it sounds pretty legit that Diaz just bailed-out due to anxiety. Gracie is pretty much saying that Nick is having issues with social anxiety, and he can't handle the press-conferences.
Unfortunately for him, Dana probably couldn't care less.
I have a glimmer of hope that Diaz might be able to retain his title shot if he just flat-out throws himself at Dana's mercy, but I will just be happy at this point if he isn't released.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 4:31 pm

HA!
I swear to god I was posting as you wrote that! I had no idea you even wrote that.
That was convenient!
Back to top Go down
couture fan
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
couture fan

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 4:35 pm

Would he not be taking something like Xanax or something like that. Shit, they could have even used him not doing interviews as a way to sell the Good guy Vs Bad guy shtick.

Seems like an awful waste of an opportunity and for everyone to know now will surely make it even worse anxiety wise.
Back to top Go down
Grey Suit
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Grey Suit

Standard Cash : 31175

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 4:39 pm

It was one of Diaz's team mates that put out the bogus plane crash info not Gracie.
Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

Standard Cash : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 5:03 pm

This is crazy! MMA news has been nuts the past few days/weeks.

Although I do love the idea of Condit taking his place! I feel he has a much better shot at beating GSP than Diaz to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 5:13 pm

Maybe they'll put Diaz in their against BJ now.
It makes sense;
-The timeline stays the same.
-BJ still gets to fight.
-Diaz now has to earn his title shot in the UFC.
-If Diaz wins on the same card as GSP, the hype for their eventual fight would be through the fucking roof....especially after this little debacle.
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 4004

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 5:33 pm

Wow, just wow. If it was due to social anxiety then why didn't he just say something to Dana? Boss-man is hardcore but he isn't a dick that would throw someone in a presser that he couldn't handle. Either way, I give Cesar Gracie a lot of credit. His best student just went AWOL and he didn't try to defend him. Instead he manned up and told it like it is - Nick's a big boy, this is 100% his fault, and Dana is right to cut him from the fight.

It's too bad. Condit is a great replacement but there is so much more riding on GSP/Diaz. Diaz is a more interesting fight due to his style too. I just can't see Condit giving GSP too much trouble anywhere in this fight.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22847

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 6:14 pm

Ahhh... I go work in the basement for a bit and this shit happens.... WTF!!??
Condit could win..... jocolor
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9480

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 7:32 pm

GSP will retain his belt no matter who he fights at 170. Bizarre story about Diaz though, he pulled a Ricky Williams. I wonder where he'll turn up and what his story will be.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 7:53 pm

Another interesting thing about this is Jackson vs Jackson..... I wonder how he feels about this.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10302

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 9:09 pm

Diaz sure talks a ton of shit and gets himself into the limelight for having social anxiety. This is why I can't like the guy. You can't think you're gonna buck the man and screw the system your whole life and still get things your way. As much as it would've been a good fight I hope he doesn't get the opportunity again, he doesn't deserve it. This isn't just a slap in Dana's face it's a slap in all of the fans of the UFC's face.
Back to top Go down
Zacchaeus
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Zacchaeus

Standard Cash : 5395

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 9:20 pm

HOLY SHIT!!! WTF is going on here?! I take my eyes off of MMA for a weekend and come back to this??!! My two favorite fighters are now supposed to go at it for the belt?? Holy shit, holy shit, my heart just stopped for a second there...
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5728

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 11:34 pm

What is this kids job? Couple of press conferences, sell the fight.... train... fight.

Really? Nick? You give up the chance of a life time because.......... ? Dana White "isn't the boss of me" ? Really?
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15321

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 10:32 am

Nick Diaz = ultimate bitch now.

He probably realized he no chance at GSP and turned tail.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 10:37 am

The word on the street is he is mourning the death of Jack Shields...
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15321

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 10:38 am

Thats hard to swallow seeing that jacks own son is still planning on fighting. Seems like a really weak accuse to me.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 10:41 am

My thoughts exactly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP   Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP Empty

Back to top Go down

Nick Diaz out, Condit in against GSP
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next