The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Condit/Diaz rematch before Condit/GSP fight?? Vote_lcapCondit/Diaz rematch before Condit/GSP fight?? Voting_barCondit/Diaz rematch before Condit/GSP fight?? Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Condit/Diaz rematch before Condit/GSP fight?? Vote_lcapCondit/Diaz rematch before Condit/GSP fight?? Voting_barCondit/Diaz rematch before Condit/GSP fight?? Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Condit/Diaz rematch before Condit/GSP fight??

Go down 
+8
FistK
Triggerman99
butterknifeninja
lambhimself
stock
norcalmatt
Chrom
samger2
12 posters
AuthorMessage
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10308

Condit/Diaz rematch before Condit/GSP fight?? Empty
PostSubject: Condit/Diaz rematch before Condit/GSP fight??   Condit/Diaz rematch before Condit/GSP fight?? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 2:30 pm

So I hate to play the game of telephone...but my coworker sitting next to me does the twitter thing and he said Rogan just tweeted that according to Dana...there could be a Condit/Diaz rematch before the GSP fight.

If that's the case, that's pure horse shit
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22853

PostSubject: Re: Condit/Diaz rematch before Condit/GSP fight??   Condit/Diaz rematch before Condit/GSP fight?? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 2:37 pm

Why? They gave Rua one.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Condit/Diaz rematch before Condit/GSP fight??   Condit/Diaz rematch before Condit/GSP fight?? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 2:52 pm

I don't remember...was it the same type circumstance? I mean, Condit can't catch a break here. It's like saying that him proving he's the #1 contendor wasn't valid...and now he has to prove it again because we didn't like the outcome.

Why give into a child when he cries...doesn't that just create a bigger monster? Is Dana really that scared that Diaz may leave MMA if he doesn't get to be the #1 contendor and get another shot at GSP?

I'm really going out on a limb here and making some assumptions with my statements above...it just seems like the UFC has been really catering to Nick when he hasn't been meeting them on the other end.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22853

PostSubject: Re: Condit/Diaz rematch before Condit/GSP fight??   Condit/Diaz rematch before Condit/GSP fight?? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 2:59 pm

Pretty much the exact same deal. Almost everyone and their mom saw Rua winning the first fight with Lyoto. But Machida got the nod with a UD. Rua got an immediate rematch and knocked him TFO!
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16392

PostSubject: Re: Condit/Diaz rematch before Condit/GSP fight??   Condit/Diaz rematch before Condit/GSP fight?? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 3:16 pm

it is the same situation for sure.

im also think machida did win the first fight......you just have to watch with no volume so you dont hear rogan all over ruas nuts the whole fight.....half the time joe says what a devistaing kick or strike but if you really watch lots were blocked or missed and thats a fight ive watched several times.

and if it happens and nick is smart he will take it to the ground before the last round.

it is a bummer for condit for sure but if he really believes hes the better fighter he shouldnt be too worried about it.....and it makes sense if gsp is out for the next 6-8 months.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35195

PostSubject: Re: Condit/Diaz rematch before Condit/GSP fight??   Condit/Diaz rematch before Condit/GSP fight?? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 3:36 pm

Not sure why anyone would want to watch that fight again. You'd think Dana should be using all of his powers to make sure those two never fight again.

I've always thought (even in boxing) that there should be monetary incentives for fighters to finish fights. I just think it makes the sport more entertaining for the fans when there are more finishes.
Maybe this is a way of Dana saying if you don't leave it all in the Octagon and have a warrior mentallity, then you don't necessarily "deserve" a title shot. But idk.... that's the only reason I can think of why he would want to put that fight together again.
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

Standard Cash : 5926

PostSubject: Re: Condit/Diaz rematch before Condit/GSP fight??   Condit/Diaz rematch before Condit/GSP fight?? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 3:45 pm

norcalmatt wrote:
it is the same situation for sure.

im also think machida did win the first fight......you just have to watch with no volume so you dont hear rogan all over ruas nuts the whole fight.....half the time joe says what a devistaing kick or strike but if you really watch lots were blocked or missed and thats a fight ive watched several times.

and if it happens and nick is smart he will take it to the ground before the last round.

it is a bummer for condit for sure but if he really believes hes the better fighter he shouldnt be too worried about it.....and it makes sense if gsp is out for the next 6-8 months.

I don't think so man, Condit out struck Diaz both total and power strikes including kicks; (most leg kicks landed in one fight in UFC history (granted it was a 5 round fight) I'm not 100% sure here but I don't think there is a chance in hell that Machida out struck shogun in there first fight.

The Condit - Diaz fight was not as decisive as I believed the Shogun fight was when machida won; even Lyoto was like "wtf! Ahhhhh I won"

lol
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 4010

PostSubject: Re: Condit/Diaz rematch before Condit/GSP fight??   Condit/Diaz rematch before Condit/GSP fight?? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 8:32 pm

Quote :
“At this point, [a rematch] is not something we’re looking to do. We’re looking for Georges. People forget, Carlos waited a long time to get this fight. He was moved around, and shuffled around between fights. He won the fight. It doesn’t interest us at all. I think clearly and decisively, he won the fight. Even [UFC president] Dana [White] scored it for him. All of the opinions that matter scored Carlos as winner… It was a performance that was excellent. He picked apart a very formidable fighter…”

Manager to Carlos Condit, Malki Kawa, says that their camp is not interested in a rematch with Nick Diaz.

Despite his critics, they believe Carlos decisively won the fight and they will now focus their energy on a title unification bout with GSP.
BJPenn.com
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16392

PostSubject: Re: Condit/Diaz rematch before Condit/GSP fight??   Condit/Diaz rematch before Condit/GSP fight?? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 8:44 pm

rematch or not, the situation is the same.....#1 contender fight close decision how can you say its not the same...lol right back at ya
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59447

PostSubject: Re: Condit/Diaz rematch before Condit/GSP fight??   Condit/Diaz rematch before Condit/GSP fight?? EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 1:57 am

Yup.
Same as Machida/Rua, same as Penn/Edgar.

If those fights are worthy of a rematch, so is this one.

However, I do think Condit won. I know as a big Diaz supporter I'm not supposed to say that, but it's true.
Did Condit "beat" Diaz? No way in hell. But by the letter of the law, he won the fight.
He lost a little respect as a fighter, but he did win the fight.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12613

PostSubject: Re: Condit/Diaz rematch before Condit/GSP fight??   Condit/Diaz rematch before Condit/GSP fight?? EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 6:53 am

samger2 wrote:
I don't remember...was it the same type circumstance? I mean, Condit can't catch a break here. It's like saying that him proving he's the #1 contendor wasn't valid...and now he has to prove it again because we didn't like the outcome.

Why give into a child when he cries...doesn't that just create a bigger monster? Is Dana really that scared that Diaz may leave MMA if he doesn't get to be the #1 contendor and get another shot at GSP?

I'm really going out on a limb here and making some assumptions with my statements above...it just seems like the UFC has been really catering to Nick when he hasn't been meeting them on the other end.

Its not really the same dude. Condit is the champion now. Interim or not he's the champion. He can either sit around until November and fight GSP or defend his title before that. It's not like he is potentially missing out on his shot at the belt.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Condit/Diaz rematch before Condit/GSP fight??   Condit/Diaz rematch before Condit/GSP fight?? EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 8:27 am

Good point...and it didn't occur to me like that, basically because I don't consider the interim title to be a legit belt. It's a joke to me, IMO Condit is the #1 contendor for the REAL belt.

But yes, putting it that way....given the fact that in reality he does hold the "interim" belt...then the rematch does make more sense.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5734

PostSubject: Re: Condit/Diaz rematch before Condit/GSP fight??   Condit/Diaz rematch before Condit/GSP fight?? EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 9:53 am

What about all the other guys in the division? There are plenty of guys who could easily fight Condit and Diaz and make them entertaining fights. It really makes no sense to have these two guys fight again right away. Its really not even going to be a money fight.

If Dana has balls and GSP is up for it put Nick in first for the money fight every one wants to see. There is no real rule that says the winner of Diaz Condit HAS to fight GSP.

But none of this really matters cause Nick quit.... remember? Neutral
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

Standard Cash : 5926

PostSubject: Re: Condit/Diaz rematch before Condit/GSP fight??   Condit/Diaz rematch before Condit/GSP fight?? EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 10:12 am

Good point, (lol)
he would have to come out of retirement "a la Favre" to face Condit again.

total speculation.
Back to top Go down
Grey Suit
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Grey Suit

Standard Cash : 31181

PostSubject: Re: Condit/Diaz rematch before Condit/GSP fight??   Condit/Diaz rematch before Condit/GSP fight?? EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 11:12 am

I'm not a fan of instant rematches, especially when I did not find the first fight all that entertaining. However, if Condit continues to fight like the Machida of old his 5 rounds with GSP are going to be almost unbearable.
Back to top Go down
Mogal
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
Mogal

Standard Cash : 6210

PostSubject: Re: Condit/Diaz rematch before Condit/GSP fight??   Condit/Diaz rematch before Condit/GSP fight?? EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 6:52 pm

I'm not interested in a rematch with these two.
Bring on GSP and Condit, then Nick can step back
into the picture.

What happens if Nick wins...
best 2 outa 3?
... 3 outa 5? ...

But if they do rematch before GSP, my follars go to Condit. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/imogal/mogal
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

Standard Cash : 3786

PostSubject: Re: Condit/Diaz rematch before Condit/GSP fight??   Condit/Diaz rematch before Condit/GSP fight?? EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 4:20 pm

I want to see the titles unified first.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Condit/Diaz rematch before Condit/GSP fight??   Condit/Diaz rematch before Condit/GSP fight?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Condit/Diaz rematch before Condit/GSP fight??
Page 1 of 1