The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Condit/Diaz rematch? Not so fast...... Vote_lcapCondit/Diaz rematch? Not so fast...... Voting_barCondit/Diaz rematch? Not so fast...... Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Condit/Diaz rematch? Not so fast...... Vote_lcapCondit/Diaz rematch? Not so fast...... Voting_barCondit/Diaz rematch? Not so fast...... Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Condit/Diaz rematch? Not so fast......

Go down 
+4
Grey Suit
Chrom
lambhimself
Triggerman99
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

Condit/Diaz rematch? Not so fast...... Empty
PostSubject: Condit/Diaz rematch? Not so fast......   Condit/Diaz rematch? Not so fast...... EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 3:42 pm

So now Cesar Gracie (Diaz's manager) says point blank that the rematch is not happening, but didn't elaborate. Sounds like we're not going to know for sure until Friday at the earliest.

Quote :
Just as quickly as the saga twisted from no rematch between Carlos Condit and Nick Diaz to the rematch being agreed to, the plot thickens and the rematch is once again off the table.

Condit’s manager, Malki Kawa of First Round Management, on Tuesday told MMAWeekly.com that he and Condit’s camp didn’t think a rematch with Diaz following UFC 143 was the right move for Condit, who captured the interim UFC welterweight championship on Saturday night.

A few hours later, UFC president Dana White was tweeting about said rematch being offered to Condit and Condit accepting.

The light of Wednesday dawns an all-new scenario, however, as it appears that, from Diaz’s side of the story anyway, the rematch is not going to happen.

Diaz’s manager and trainer, Cesar Gracie, told MMAWeekly.com point blank on Wednesday, “There is not going to be a rematch.”

He would not elaborate on the subject, but flatly denied that the two are set to fight again any time soon. MMAJunkie.com first reported word from Gracie that there would not be a rematch.

What that means is purely speculation at this point, as no one appears to have a clear answer, other than Gracie saying the rematch is off, countering what seemed to apparent Tuesday night.

“All I know for sure is that we’re meeting with Dana on Friday,” Kawa told MMAWeekly.com on Wednesday when asked about the status of the fight.

So, for now at least, it appears the rematch is once again off. Where that leaves Condit, hopefully we’ll know following his meeting with White on Friday. There are clearly options on the table.

http://mmaweekly.com/cesar-gracie-says-condit-vs-diaz-2-off-before-its-on-there-is-not-going-to-be-a-rematch
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

Standard Cash : 5932

PostSubject: Re: Condit/Diaz rematch? Not so fast......   Condit/Diaz rematch? Not so fast...... EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 3:56 pm

I don't know what to believe anymore, I feel like I am being pulled in 3 or 4 different directions; another day in the life of an MMA fan I suppose.

Have no clue what Friday will bring but I'll be on the look out no doubt.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Condit/Diaz rematch? Not so fast......   Condit/Diaz rematch? Not so fast...... EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 4:01 pm

One thing you can say about Diaz;

He does keep you on your toes!!

LOL
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

PostSubject: Re: Condit/Diaz rematch? Not so fast......   Condit/Diaz rematch? Not so fast...... EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 7:34 pm

Either Condit got popped with PEDS
OR
Diaz got popped with POT

Just a guess
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Condit/Diaz rematch? Not so fast......   Condit/Diaz rematch? Not so fast...... EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 7:58 pm

The only thing I have gathered is that there is a reason "in the Diaz camp" why they can't take the fight. Which is weird, considering a date hasn't even been set yet.
Back to top Go down
Grey Suit
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Grey Suit

Standard Cash : 31187

PostSubject: Re: Condit/Diaz rematch? Not so fast......   Condit/Diaz rematch? Not so fast...... EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 8:52 pm

Don't be scared homie!

Sorry I couldn't resist!
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12619

PostSubject: Re: Condit/Diaz rematch? Not so fast......   Condit/Diaz rematch? Not so fast...... EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 9:51 am

I heard Cesar on the radio the other day and he made it sound like Nick was seriously burnt from fighting every few months and he wanted him to take time off. That could be it OR like you guys said maybe he got busted for pot again, but if it were pot I would assume that would of been made public knowledge already wouldnt it?
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

PostSubject: Re: Condit/Diaz rematch? Not so fast......   Condit/Diaz rematch? Not so fast...... EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 11:40 am

So we are all holding our breath until tomorrow.......

Hopefully I can sleep tonight, the anticipation will keep me up without a doubt.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

PostSubject: Re: Condit/Diaz rematch? Not so fast......   Condit/Diaz rematch? Not so fast...... EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 12:36 pm

BREAKING: Keith Kizer of NSAC confirmed to @themmashow w/ @mauroranallo there was one positive drug test from #UFC143. Couldn't say who, but they will release a statement later this afternoon. Oh boy, let the speculation begin...
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

PostSubject: Re: Condit/Diaz rematch? Not so fast......   Condit/Diaz rematch? Not so fast...... EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 3:14 pm

No doubt buddy, good vision; then again we don't know who yet........

Chrom wrote:
Either Condit got popped with PEDS
OR
Diaz got popped with POT

Just a guess

DING DING DING!

WE HAVE A WINNER! cheers cheers cheers

If it is not Diaz, then what the hell is the deal going to be with tomorrows Dana interviews with Condit and/or Diaz.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Condit/Diaz rematch? Not so fast......   Condit/Diaz rematch? Not so fast...... EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 3:17 pm

Oh FFS......

I hate to say it, but judging by Cesar's tight-lipped comment about no rematch and the fact that Diaz isn't screaming for it, this would fit the bill.....
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15333

PostSubject: Re: Condit/Diaz rematch? Not so fast......   Condit/Diaz rematch? Not so fast...... EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 3:53 pm

This topic is making my head spin.
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

PostSubject: Re: Condit/Diaz rematch? Not so fast......   Condit/Diaz rematch? Not so fast...... EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:07 pm

Marijuana!

Nick Diaz Face Palm

lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 4016

PostSubject: Re: Condit/Diaz rematch? Not so fast......   Condit/Diaz rematch? Not so fast...... EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:53 pm

FistK wrote:
I heard Cesar on the radio the other day and he made it sound like Nick was seriously burnt from fighting every few months and he wanted him to take time off. That could be it OR like you guys said maybe he got busted for pot again, but if it were pot I would assume that would of been made public knowledge already wouldnt it?

The irony of this statement makes me giggle...
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7715

PostSubject: Re: Condit/Diaz rematch? Not so fast......   Condit/Diaz rematch? Not so fast...... EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 8:51 pm

It's good Nick didn't win otherwise the mess would be even bigger lol..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Condit/Diaz rematch? Not so fast......   Condit/Diaz rematch? Not so fast...... Empty

Back to top Go down

Condit/Diaz rematch? Not so fast......
Page 1 of 1