The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed Vote_lcapCarlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed Voting_barCarlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed Vote_lcapCarlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed Voting_barCarlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed

Go down 
+9
samger2
9Teen_AT4
the commie
Zacchaeus
DEP
Snake Five
Krieger
norcalmatt
Chrom
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22846

Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed Empty
PostSubject: Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed   Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 10:00 am

Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed Gsp-vs10
Quote :
After putting on an impressive performance against BJ Penn at UFC 137, it’s now confirmed that Georges St. Pierre will now fight Nick Diaz instead of Carlos Condit.

At the UFC 137 Post Fight Press Conference, Dana White announced that he had a big announcement, but wouldn’t say what it was until Nick Diaz arrived. Apparently, Diaz was having problems urinating for his post-fight drug test and still couldn’t pee after drinking ten bottles of water. Eventually, Diaz came out and took his seat with Nevada State Athletic Commission officials next to him, and that’s when Dana White made his big announcement: Georges St. Pierre and Nick Diaz are going to fight, hopefully on Super Bowl weekend.

Dana White told everyone that St. Pierre chased White down and flipped out about how disrespectful Nick Diaz was during his post fight interview with Joe Rogan. St. Pierre went on and said that Nick Diaz is the most disrespectful human being he has ever met in the MMA world and he is going to put the worst beating on him.

As for Carlos Condit, Dana White asked him to wait until Diaz and St. Pierre settled their differences and he agreed.
source

I don't know about you guys.... but after last night there is no doubt in my mind, thats the fight I want to see! Last night convinced me thoroughly that Nick poses a much much bigger threat to GSP than I had previously thought. I cant fuckin wait for this fight!!!
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16385

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed   Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 1:01 pm

I think diaz can take it.....he looked real good against penn but also penn didnt look as good as weve seen him.....Ill be bummed if bj is truley retired!
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5727

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed   Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 2:55 pm

Heh the only one scared after the Penn fight was Diaz. I've had enough of his disrespectful, "I'm a tough guy", misunderstood bullshit. When Georges beats him to a bloody pulp I really hope GSP does the "Tito grave digger" over his carcass.

Nick has no class, needs to be put in his place and GSP will be the one to do it. Beating a burnt out unmotivated Penn is nothing like what GSP is going to bring. Now Nick you're going to get a pissed off Rush who wants to kill you.

Like they say ... be careful what you wish for... you might just get it.
Back to top Go down
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

Standard Cash : 3779

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed   Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 3:41 pm

I think it's funny when they call out a guy and say he's scared when their own antics are what got them out of the fight in the first place.
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9479

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed   Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 8:15 pm

Wow. Just wow.

I truly can not believe this.

I've already agreed with Triggerman once, now I'm agreeing with Krieger.

Interesting times we're living in, folks.
Back to top Go down
Zacchaeus
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Zacchaeus

Standard Cash : 5394

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed   Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 8:50 pm

Gah, what a piece of shit decision. Why not keep the fight and just have the winner fight Diaz after?
Back to top Go down
Zacchaeus
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Zacchaeus

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed   Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 8:52 pm

So is Condit just gonna sit on the back burner for 6-9 months? Hell no, now he has to risk his shot. I hope this fuels his fire to the point that he burns the face off of his next opponent. Look for Condit to be a wrecking ball in his next fight.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7955

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed   Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 9:28 pm

thats the strangest decision ufc has ever made.
id be livid if i was condit.
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7702

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed   Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 9:49 pm

Carlos will shytt wreck his next opponent because of the events that transpired. It's just too bad GSP will zap all the aggressive energy that Nick has by laying on top of him for 5 rounds!! LMAO !! War Warm French Canadian blanket. That shytt will be sooo funny if it happened. All of Nicks frustrations will weigh 187lbs on top of him that night.

Diaz has a great chance to bloody up GSP and maybe KO him... otherwise Georges will over power him and control him ...but we'll see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed   Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 10:51 pm

Man its funny how quick people forget. Penn couldn't touch GSP the last fight... yet last night he tore Diaz up pretty good when you look at Diaz's face.

GSP's striking is way better than Penn's his wrestling is way better than Penn's his ground n pound is way better than Penn's his cardio is way..... sigh.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10301

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed   Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 7:57 am

I'm interested to see how an emotionally driven GSP fights.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed   Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 8:00 am

Krieger wrote:
Man its funny how quick people forget. Penn couldn't touch GSP the last fight... yet last night he tore Diaz up pretty good when you look at Diaz's face.

GSP's striking is way better than Penn's his wrestling is way better than Penn's his ground n pound is way better than Penn's his cardio is way..... sigh.
But don't forget, Diaz can handle taking a war of a fight, Im not so convinced that GSP can... and it will be a war.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15320

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed   Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 8:06 am

Not tring to put mma math into play, but i still dont think diaz can take GSP.Diaz fight was a great fight but GSP made BJ look like an amateur when they last fought. I think GSP wrestling is still going to be to much for diaz. but it will be a good fight either which way. I would have liked condit vs diaz first.
Back to top Go down
Zacchaeus
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Zacchaeus

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed   Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 10:22 am

I don't question Diaz's ability to take a beating. I do question Diaz's ability to effectively deliver a beating to GSP. That is a lot easier said than done.
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

Standard Cash : 5919

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed   Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 11:28 am

samger2 wrote:
I'm interested to see how an emotionally driven GSP fights.

To get a good perspective, re watch the 2nd GSP - Serra fight.

and be ready for a repeat performance on Diaz's face.
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed   Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 11:32 am

After reading all the post,

Gecko, I think yo got it spot on.

Something else that came to my mind, GSP made BJ quit; Nick didn't/couldn't.

I think Diaz would have trouble with Fitch, Kos, Condit, Kampmann, and Rory MacDonald let alone GSP; Nick is going to be extremely disappointed when he gets in the ring with GSP and is totally dominated in every facet of the match.

I can't wait for this fight to happen.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed   Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 11:46 am

I think GSP can win by the humpinz... he won't wanna stand.
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed   Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 12:08 pm

^^
I agree to a point, but it will be as I said to Samger;
the same way he beat BJ.
Nick might not quick, but I'd be willing to bet he is going
to get his face f'd up; if you guys are expecting a LnP victory
your not going to see it. imo
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed   Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 12:43 pm

lambhimself wrote:
^^
I agree to a point, but it will be as I said to Samger;
the same way he beat BJ.
Nick might not quick, but I'd be willing to bet he is going
to get his face f'd up; if you guys are expecting a LnP victory
your not going to see it. imo

100% agree with you there.
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed   Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 12:51 pm

Also GSP is not going to gas like BJ did in the fight against nick,
we have all seen how skilled GSP is as a striker in his fight against
Kos; I think he will stand with Nick until he feels threatened
or that he may be losing the exchanges.

If it goes to the mat, GSP wins in all aspects there.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed   Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 2:00 pm

Chrom wrote:
Krieger wrote:

But don't forget, Diaz can handle taking a war of a fight, Im not so convinced that GSP can... and it will be a war.

I know what you are saying but I really dont think Diaz has the heart. He didnt like the beating that Penn put on him and GSP is going to hurt him way more than Penn. BJ had no head movement and no footwork GSP moves all over the place.

The big problem here is that people seem to be buying into the whole GSP cant finish therefore he is an easy mark. But if you look at his fights he has laid a beating on many a fighter and hard.

Nick is not in GSP's league, thats why he left the UFC, as far as I can see he has brought nothing new to the table and he will lose soundly to GSP. As well GSP is pissed and a pissed GSP is a dangerous GSP.

GSP will beat Diaz standing, he will beat him on the ground and he will beat his cardio. Nick will not go 5 rounds with Rush.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed   Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 2:19 pm

Furious GSP vows to punish Diaz
ESPN staff
October 30, 2011

UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre has pledged to "put the worst beating you've ever seen" on Nick Diaz, according to president Dana White.

After Diaz beat BJ Penn at UFC 137 on Saturday, he goaded St-Pierre, saying: "I don't think St-Pierre's injured, I think he's scared".

And it appears St-Pierre has let Diaz get under his skin ahead of their meeting, which was sealed when White announced Diaz will succeed Carlos Condit as St-Pierre's next opponent.

"I've known Georges St-Pierre since 2004," White said. "He's one of the nicest guys I've ever met, and he's always exactly the same no matter what the situation is, no matter who he's fighting. Since 2004, I've never seen him like he was tonight.

"Georges St-Pierre flipped out tonight after Nick Diaz was in the ring, and [if] Nick needs motivation, he's got it. He's going to fight Georges St-Pierre. [St-Pierre] said, and I quote - you're going to think I'm full of s*** but this is the truth - I quote, 'He's the most disrespectful human being I've ever met, and I'm going to put the worst beating you've ever seen on him in the UFC.'"

St-Pierre, a man not known for his verbal warfare, released a statement reaffirming White's comments. It read: "This is what I wanted since the beginning. I've always wanted this fight. Now I want it even more. I can't wait for Super Bowl weekend."
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed   Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 2:53 pm

WAR GEORGE!
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7955

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed   Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 2:59 pm

why is george so upset. lol
he has to know this is just for show.
maybe he is playing the part too.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed   Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 2:59 pm

I have never seen a pissed off GSP before but i have a funny feeling it's not some thing you want to have coming at you either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed   Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed Empty

Back to top Go down

Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next