The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed - Page 2 Vote_lcapCarlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed - Page 2 Voting_barCarlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed - Page 2 Vote_lcapCarlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed - Page 2 Voting_barCarlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed

Go down 
+9
samger2
9Teen_AT4
the commie
Zacchaeus
DEP
Snake Five
Krieger
norcalmatt
Chrom
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

Standard Cash : 5932

Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed   Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 5:18 pm

Gecko wrote:
I have never seen a pissed off GSP before but i have a funny feeling it's not some thing you want to have coming at you either.

samger2 wrote:
I'm interested to see how an emotionally driven GSP fights.

To get a good perspective, re watch the 2nd GSP - Serra fight.

and be ready for a repeat performance on Diaz's face.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed   Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 12:47 am

LOL!!!!

Everybody's so mad that Diaz beat the living christ out Bj.

Hey, it happened. Diaz beat BJ standing up....something that GSP didn't even attempt to do because he was scared to strike with BJ.
BJ beat Diaz up? When? Where?!

Look, I'm not gonna say that Diaz is gonna beat GSP, but I will say that GSP will not beat Diaz on the feet. What the fuck fight were you watching? Diaz DESTROYED BJ on the feet. I'm sorry, but that was a beatdown.

Diaz might lose to GSP, but he ain't gonna lose a stand-up fight, that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7968

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed   Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 1:21 am

i would say bj beat diaz up pretty good in the first round. then he gassed
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12619

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed   Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 8:04 am

If anyone here thinks that GSP is going to spend more than 30 seconds out of 25 minutes fighting on his feet they are as high as Nick is today...lol
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed   Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 3:09 pm

Absolutely.

Even if GSP wasn't already known as a very technical gameplanner who thrives on keeping the fight away from his opponents strengths, I believe that he would still be telling himself "I'm not striking with that guy."
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5740

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed   Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 4:52 pm

But thats what all the pundits said going into the second Baby J fight.... Ooooooo GSP wont strike with one of the best punchers / boxers in the UFC. BJ is gonna tear him up ... What happened? GSP tore Baby J up with the jab and beat him near death on the ground.

GSP will use this same technique on Diaz... He will punch him silly and then beat him near death on the ground. This will be the 'finish' that all the doubters have been saying Rush is incapable of doing.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed   Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 6:01 pm

I may be wrong here, but didn't the second GSP/Penn fight take place on the ground for about 80% of time. I'm not being sarcastic, but my memory of that fight was just GSP on BJ dropping punches and elbows. I don't recall a whole lot of stand-up at all.
Back to top Go down
Zacchaeus
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Zacchaeus

Standard Cash : 5407

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed   Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 8:21 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:
I may be wrong here, but didn't the second GSP/Penn fight take place on the ground for about 80% of time. I'm not being sarcastic, but my memory of that fight was just GSP on BJ dropping punches and elbows. I don't recall a whole lot of stand-up at all.

Pretty much. 1st round was on the feet with a lot of clinch. 2nd round was on the feet for maybe a 1/4 of the round then on the ground. Same with round 3 and 4. While GSP was standing with Penn he was dominate. Penn was timid and to worried about the take down after round two.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12619

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed   Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 6:57 am

Krieger wrote:
Ooooooo GSP wont strike with one of the best punchers / boxers in the UFC. BJ is gonna tear him up ... What happened? GSP tore Baby J up with the jab and beat him near death on the ground.

GSP will use this same technique on Diaz...

Two things:

1) GSP used his jab for the first half of the first round and made it a ground fight.

2) If he did outbox BJ for five rounds I would still be willing to bet he wouldnt try it with Diaz.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed   Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Carlos Condit Steps Aside, Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Confirmed
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2