The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
UFC 'Close' to Pulling Nick Diaz (AGAIN) From Title Fight with Georges St-Pierre Vote_lcapUFC 'Close' to Pulling Nick Diaz (AGAIN) From Title Fight with Georges St-Pierre Voting_barUFC 'Close' to Pulling Nick Diaz (AGAIN) From Title Fight with Georges St-Pierre Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
UFC 'Close' to Pulling Nick Diaz (AGAIN) From Title Fight with Georges St-Pierre Vote_lcapUFC 'Close' to Pulling Nick Diaz (AGAIN) From Title Fight with Georges St-Pierre Voting_barUFC 'Close' to Pulling Nick Diaz (AGAIN) From Title Fight with Georges St-Pierre Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

UFC 'Close' to Pulling Nick Diaz (AGAIN) From Title Fight with Georges St-Pierre

Go down 
+4
norcalmatt
Triggerman99
DEP
Chrom
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22847

UFC 'Close' to Pulling Nick Diaz (AGAIN) From Title Fight with Georges St-Pierre Empty
PostSubject: UFC 'Close' to Pulling Nick Diaz (AGAIN) From Title Fight with Georges St-Pierre   UFC 'Close' to Pulling Nick Diaz (AGAIN) From Title Fight with Georges St-Pierre EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 9:39 am

Quote :
As Yogi Berra unforgettably said, “It’s déjà vu all over again.” Tell me if you’ve heard this before: Nick Diaz (Pictured) finally scores a title fight against reigning UFC welterweight king Georges St-Pierre. Mr. 209 proceeds to skip multiple pre-fight promotional activities that jeopardizes the scrap.

Last weekend, UFC President Dana White revealed Diaz ditched three interviews for the UFC’s ‘Countdown’ show, which cost the company “a [expletive] load of money” because the entire film crew was twiddling their thumbs for two weeks in Diaz’s hometown.

While Diaz and his representatives claimed Diaz did everything he was supposed to do, all the while having manager Cesar Gracie take to Twitter to request the UFC to upgrade Diaz’s plane ticket from business to first-class, White is sticking firmly to his story.

“He did not [show up] – neither did his brother Nate, and we spent over $50,000 in production costs and guys cruising around Stockton, California and not interviewing people,” White said following Saturday’s UFC 157 post-fight press conference. “It’s not funny. We’re very cool and very lenient in a lot of ways. I mean, look at this company. Look how we are. We let a lot of things fly, but that’s just absolute [BS].

“Costs us over 50 grand already, then your manager has the balls to go on Twitter and asks to upgrade [plane] tickets.”

Oh, the irony with the airfare… When Diaz skipped back-to-back press conferences in Canada to promote UFC 137, White claimed Diaz cost the company over $15,000 in unused plane tickets. The controversial grappler was subsequently pulled from the title bout against St-Pierre because of his unwillingness “to play the game” of promoting pay-per-view broadcasts.

Although White hasn’t reached the point where he would yank Diaz again, he’s inching closer with every missed interview.

“I hope we don’t come to that,” White said of pulling Diaz (again). “Can you tell I’m close? I’m close, man. I’m really close. I don’t want to be. I don’t want to do this. It sucks.

“We’ve treated Nate and Nick with respect. Anytime they come in, they want to negotiate their contracts, we do the things, we’re good to everybody. At least give us the respect to show up and not blow 50 grand on not showing up for interviews you’re supposed to do.

“All the fans are like, ‘Shut up, Dana. Just let Nick fight.’ You shut up, idiots. This is how it works. This is the job. This is what we do. Go to your [expletive] job and tell your boss, ‘Yeah, I don’t want to do this or do that.’ That’s not how it works. It’s part of the job. I’ve shown the Diaz brothers a ton of respect, they can show some respect back.”
continued...
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9480

UFC 'Close' to Pulling Nick Diaz (AGAIN) From Title Fight with Georges St-Pierre Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC 'Close' to Pulling Nick Diaz (AGAIN) From Title Fight with Georges St-Pierre   UFC 'Close' to Pulling Nick Diaz (AGAIN) From Title Fight with Georges St-Pierre EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:23 pm

Nothing worse than a flake. If I'm Dana, I'd release them both and tell Cesar Gracie to piss up a rope. They can play ball, everyone else does it. They have nothing to stand on at this point. Time to grow up a little.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59441

PostSubject: Re: UFC 'Close' to Pulling Nick Diaz (AGAIN) From Title Fight with Georges St-Pierre   UFC 'Close' to Pulling Nick Diaz (AGAIN) From Title Fight with Georges St-Pierre EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 2:51 am

MMA Purist
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59441

PostSubject: Re: UFC 'Close' to Pulling Nick Diaz (AGAIN) From Title Fight with Georges St-Pierre   UFC 'Close' to Pulling Nick Diaz (AGAIN) From Title Fight with Georges St-Pierre EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 2:52 am

Yes, that's all I'm gonna post for right now.
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16386

PostSubject: Re: UFC 'Close' to Pulling Nick Diaz (AGAIN) From Title Fight with Georges St-Pierre   UFC 'Close' to Pulling Nick Diaz (AGAIN) From Title Fight with Georges St-Pierre EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 3:46 am

When did nate start getting involved in this media stuff....I thought he was easier to work with than nick as far as Dana was concerned....what did nate ever do do be dragged into this?
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15321

PostSubject: Re: UFC 'Close' to Pulling Nick Diaz (AGAIN) From Title Fight with Georges St-Pierre   UFC 'Close' to Pulling Nick Diaz (AGAIN) From Title Fight with Georges St-Pierre EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 7:48 am

norcalmatt wrote:
When did nate start getting involved in this media stuff....I thought he was easier to work with than nick as far as Dana was concerned....what did nate ever do do be dragged into this?

i was thinking the same thing. i have never really heard of any promotion problems with nate outside that elite xc thing with mayhem.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5728

PostSubject: Re: UFC 'Close' to Pulling Nick Diaz (AGAIN) From Title Fight with Georges St-Pierre   UFC 'Close' to Pulling Nick Diaz (AGAIN) From Title Fight with Georges St-Pierre EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 12:21 pm

GSP pounds Diaz into retirement.... Nick gets released ... goes to Bellator... Zuffa buys Bellator... Nick released to Invicta.... Wants a comeback fight against Jones or Silva.... gets hired by WWE Films to make his life story.... doesn't show up for filming .... Marries Cyborg and gets a sex change and they adopt Manny Gamburian as their love child...

Just sayin....
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15321

PostSubject: Re: UFC 'Close' to Pulling Nick Diaz (AGAIN) From Title Fight with Georges St-Pierre   UFC 'Close' to Pulling Nick Diaz (AGAIN) From Title Fight with Georges St-Pierre EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 7:45 am

^^^^^^^^^^

Now thats pretty heavy. Shocked
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10302

PostSubject: Re: UFC 'Close' to Pulling Nick Diaz (AGAIN) From Title Fight with Georges St-Pierre   UFC 'Close' to Pulling Nick Diaz (AGAIN) From Title Fight with Georges St-Pierre EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 9:36 am

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA...adopt manny gamburian as their love child...where did you come up with this??? hahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5728

PostSubject: Re: UFC 'Close' to Pulling Nick Diaz (AGAIN) From Title Fight with Georges St-Pierre   UFC 'Close' to Pulling Nick Diaz (AGAIN) From Title Fight with Georges St-Pierre EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 10:12 am

Its all true .... its on the internet... EVERYTHING on the internet is true!
Back to top Go down
Mogal
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
Mogal

Standard Cash : 6204

PostSubject: Re: UFC 'Close' to Pulling Nick Diaz (AGAIN) From Title Fight with Georges St-Pierre   UFC 'Close' to Pulling Nick Diaz (AGAIN) From Title Fight with Georges St-Pierre EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 1:40 pm

Krieger wrote:
GSP pounds Diaz into retirement.... Nick gets released ... goes to Bellator... Zuffa buys Bellator... Nick released to Invicta.... Wants a comeback fight against Jones or Silva.... gets hired by WWE Films to make his life story.... doesn't show up for filming .... Marries Cyborg and gets a sex change and they adopt Manny Gamburian as their love child...

Just sayin....

Dude, my time on the forums is short anymore...

but I must say every time I come back, you got me laughin my ass off!!
I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/imogal/mogal
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC 'Close' to Pulling Nick Diaz (AGAIN) From Title Fight with Georges St-Pierre   UFC 'Close' to Pulling Nick Diaz (AGAIN) From Title Fight with Georges St-Pierre Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC 'Close' to Pulling Nick Diaz (AGAIN) From Title Fight with Georges St-Pierre
Page 1 of 1