The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Nick Diaz Starting to Get Under Georges St-Pierre’s Skin Vote_lcapNick Diaz Starting to Get Under Georges St-Pierre’s Skin Voting_barNick Diaz Starting to Get Under Georges St-Pierre’s Skin Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Nick Diaz Starting to Get Under Georges St-Pierre’s Skin Vote_lcapNick Diaz Starting to Get Under Georges St-Pierre’s Skin Voting_barNick Diaz Starting to Get Under Georges St-Pierre’s Skin Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Nick Diaz Starting to Get Under Georges St-Pierre’s Skin

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22836

Nick Diaz Starting to Get Under Georges St-Pierre’s Skin Empty
PostSubject: Nick Diaz Starting to Get Under Georges St-Pierre’s Skin   Nick Diaz Starting to Get Under Georges St-Pierre’s Skin EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 12:55 pm

Quote :
As the old adage goes, ‘It takes two to tango.’ While it is a near certainty Nick Diaz (Pictured) will show up October 29th to challenge welterweight king Georges St-Pierre for his crown at UFC 137, Diaz pulled a no-show at Tuesday’s media gathering in Canada, leaving GSP to promote their pay-per-view extravaganza all by his lonesome.

“I don’t know why he did not show up. Maybe he has personal issues, I have no idea,” St-Pierre told The Canadian Press. “I know they bought two flights (tickets) for him and he didn’t show up.

“I have no idea. I can’t talk about it because I don’t know what’s going on in his life. Hopefully he’ll be OK and I’ll see him in the cage.”

When MMAJunkie inquired about Diaz’s absence, his longtime manager, Cesar Gracie, simply stated, “Nick is extremely happy about the opportunity to fight GSP, but old habits die hard.”

Diaz’s disinterest in participating in activities not directly related to training or fighting has been well documented. In fact, when UFC president Dana White called him back up to the big leagues earlier this summer, he had a poignant conversation with Diaz about having to “play the game.”

White was referencing the need to talk with the media in order to help promote the sport, as well as his upcoming fights. Unfortunately for Diaz, yesterday’s maneuver may have backfired because it appears to have irked the baddest welterweight on the planet.

“I’m a little bit mad, because it’s a little bit unfair,” St-Pierre expressed. “I missed days of training to come here. Plus jet lag and everything. I think it’s not fair. He should do the same thing that I do.”
Source

Nick better be at the one in Vegas today or Uncle Dana is gonna probably be pretty pissed!
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5717

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz Starting to Get Under Georges St-Pierre’s Skin   Nick Diaz Starting to Get Under Georges St-Pierre’s Skin EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 2:13 pm

If he wins he gets to do whatever he wants. If he loses he gets to go back to Bodog or Japan or wherever the "free spirits" are working today. Oh and he gets to keep his 1989 mazda or whatever he is driving.

Oh yeah Chrom.... You're right... GSP really needs to tone it down.... he forgot to call Nick ... Mr. Diaz.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59430

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz Starting to Get Under Georges St-Pierre’s Skin   Nick Diaz Starting to Get Under Georges St-Pierre’s Skin EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 3:05 pm

Yeah, that's not a great way to get on good terms with Dana. I'm more worried about Dana's reaction to this than I am about GSP's. The worst think GSP can do is beat him. Dana can fire him, keep his name and likeness, and ban him and all his teammates from Zuffa.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59430

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz Starting to Get Under Georges St-Pierre’s Skin   Nick Diaz Starting to Get Under Georges St-Pierre’s Skin EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 3:59 pm

Looks like I was right to worried about how Dana will react to this:

https://mmastandard.forumotion.com/t417-nick-diaz-out-condit-in-against-gsp#2522

No Sad
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5717

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz Starting to Get Under Georges St-Pierre’s Skin   Nick Diaz Starting to Get Under Georges St-Pierre’s Skin EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 11:21 pm

OH Nick ... you silly goose.

Nick Diaz Starting to Get Under Georges St-Pierre’s Skin 129069867644019597
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz Starting to Get Under Georges St-Pierre’s Skin   Nick Diaz Starting to Get Under Georges St-Pierre’s Skin Empty

Back to top Go down

Nick Diaz Starting to Get Under Georges St-Pierre’s Skin
Page 1 of 1