The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
McGregor tries to run it back, asks the UFC to "cut the bullshit" and put him back on UFC 200 card Vote_lcapMcGregor tries to run it back, asks the UFC to "cut the bullshit" and put him back on UFC 200 card Voting_barMcGregor tries to run it back, asks the UFC to "cut the bullshit" and put him back on UFC 200 card Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
McGregor tries to run it back, asks the UFC to "cut the bullshit" and put him back on UFC 200 card Vote_lcapMcGregor tries to run it back, asks the UFC to "cut the bullshit" and put him back on UFC 200 card Voting_barMcGregor tries to run it back, asks the UFC to "cut the bullshit" and put him back on UFC 200 card Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

McGregor tries to run it back, asks the UFC to "cut the bullshit" and put him back on UFC 200 card

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59441

McGregor tries to run it back, asks the UFC to "cut the bullshit" and put him back on UFC 200 card Empty
PostSubject: McGregor tries to run it back, asks the UFC to "cut the bullshit" and put him back on UFC 200 card   McGregor tries to run it back, asks the UFC to "cut the bullshit" and put him back on UFC 200 card EmptySun May 01, 2016 4:14 pm

Quote :
The UFC has moved on from its UFC 200 spat with Conor McGregor. McGregor, however, hasn’t. He took another shot at the UFC brass on social media on Sunday, saying that “nobody gives a (expletive)” about the current slate of UFC 200 fights until Diaz vs. McGregor 2 is “settled.”

“Nobody gives a (expletive) about these other fights until this one is settled. Cut the (expletive). Run it back. #RealFight,” McGregor posted on Instagram, including a video clip from the fight.

After McGregor tweeted his retirement, pulled it back, but then tweeted again, declaring it was the UFC’s move after they had a blow up over McGregor’s refusal to fulfill what the UFC saw as his promotional duties, the UFC made its move, pulling him from the fight with Nate Diaz and replacing that fight with a Daniel Cormier vs. Jon Jones rematch.

Apparently, McGregor feels that wasn’t a worthy replacement and wants the UFC to “run it back,” and put his fight with Diaz back on the card.

It’s no wonder he would, as it has been speculated that he was guaranteed in the neighborhood of $10 million for the fight. That’s a lot of cheese to let sit by the wayside and get moldy.

UFC president Dana White has said multiple times now that the Diaz vs. McGregor 2 ship has sailed. The UFC replaced the fight with Cormier vs. Jones, end of story.

It appears too late for UFC 200. McGregor played his hand and the UFC called his bluff. The more he tries to regain his spot on the UFC 200 fight card, the more it appears McGregor is the one trying to run it back.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/conor-mcgregor-tries-to-run-it-back-tells-ufc-to-cut-the-bullst
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16386

McGregor tries to run it back, asks the UFC to "cut the bullshit" and put him back on UFC 200 card Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGregor tries to run it back, asks the UFC to "cut the bullshit" and put him back on UFC 200 card   McGregor tries to run it back, asks the UFC to "cut the bullshit" and put him back on UFC 200 card EmptySun May 01, 2016 4:39 pm

yep...hes an idiot and a narcissist.....he failed to realize that in fact hes not larger than the ufc and is just a fish in the zuffa pond that can have it all taken from him in a heartbeat. I like the guy ( a bit less now) and his fights but hes gotta realize he doesn't call the shots and isn't the boss.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10249

PostSubject: Re: McGregor tries to run it back, asks the UFC to "cut the bullshit" and put him back on UFC 200 card   McGregor tries to run it back, asks the UFC to "cut the bullshit" and put him back on UFC 200 card EmptyMon May 02, 2016 9:08 am

and heres a nice slice of humbled pie..

sit down and enjoy with a nice cup of tea lad.

this clearly is bruising conors ego. I wouldn't be surprised if we see him throw a bigger temper tantrum in the upcoming months. hes acting like a drunk ex girlfriend now.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: McGregor tries to run it back, asks the UFC to "cut the bullshit" and put him back on UFC 200 card   McGregor tries to run it back, asks the UFC to "cut the bullshit" and put him back on UFC 200 card EmptyMon May 02, 2016 10:54 am

Yeah if he still had any leverage at all, it's gone now.
Now that he's showed weakness and appears to have finally realized that the UFC is not bluffing afterall, I can see his antics getting real pathetic real fast.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: McGregor tries to run it back, asks the UFC to "cut the bullshit" and put him back on UFC 200 card   McGregor tries to run it back, asks the UFC to "cut the bullshit" and put him back on UFC 200 card EmptyMon May 02, 2016 11:08 am

I wonder if he will still be guaranteed 10 million for the diaz fight at a lesser card. if so I think that is BS and I wonder what diaz is guaranteed since he beat him last time
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5728

PostSubject: Re: McGregor tries to run it back, asks the UFC to "cut the bullshit" and put him back on UFC 200 card   McGregor tries to run it back, asks the UFC to "cut the bullshit" and put him back on UFC 200 card EmptyTue May 03, 2016 2:47 pm

Winning gives you leverage in the UFC, lose, you lose your leverage. Conor lost, no matter how he frames it ... he lost.

Even if he did win the UFC CAN'T let the fighters rule the roost. It would all fall apart.
if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

You can only believe so much of your own hype.

Oh yeah I look forward to Connor fighting again... I like the guy.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5728

PostSubject: Re: McGregor tries to run it back, asks the UFC to "cut the bullshit" and put him back on UFC 200 card   McGregor tries to run it back, asks the UFC to "cut the bullshit" and put him back on UFC 200 card EmptyTue May 03, 2016 2:50 pm

The UFC might have lost many millions in this fight. BUT just think of the money they saved crushing the rest of the Gladiators.

Fellow fighters gotta be saying, "If they are willing to bench a PPV Titan like Connor they'd be willing to bench me at the drop of a hat."

Can't let yer slaves get too uppity!
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: McGregor tries to run it back, asks the UFC to "cut the bullshit" and put him back on UFC 200 card   McGregor tries to run it back, asks the UFC to "cut the bullshit" and put him back on UFC 200 card EmptyWed May 04, 2016 1:49 am

I hate to say it, but I gotta give props to Dana and the UFC for handling this perfectly.
They were challenged by an entity who was growing almost too big to control, and they put their foot down and stuck to their guns and handled it beautifully.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: McGregor tries to run it back, asks the UFC to "cut the bullshit" and put him back on UFC 200 card   McGregor tries to run it back, asks the UFC to "cut the bullshit" and put him back on UFC 200 card EmptyWed May 04, 2016 10:41 am

Fellow fighters gotta be saying, "If they are willing to bench a PPV Titan like Connor they'd be willing to bench me at the drop of a hat." wrote:

I never thought of this. you are right. this was definitely a real shake up for the entire roster.

I hate to say it, but I gotta give props to Dana and the UFC for handling this perfectly.They were challenged by an entity who was growing almost too big to control, and they put their foot down and stuck to their guns and handled it beautifully. wrote:

100%.. I wonder if they will keep him off the nyc card
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12607

PostSubject: Re: McGregor tries to run it back, asks the UFC to "cut the bullshit" and put him back on UFC 200 card   McGregor tries to run it back, asks the UFC to "cut the bullshit" and put him back on UFC 200 card EmptyThu May 05, 2016 10:25 am

Yeah totally agree here.  It wasn't popular with everyone (mainly b/c haters gonna hate imo), but I think the UFC handled it spot on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: McGregor tries to run it back, asks the UFC to "cut the bullshit" and put him back on UFC 200 card   McGregor tries to run it back, asks the UFC to "cut the bullshit" and put him back on UFC 200 card Empty

Back to top Go down

McGregor tries to run it back, asks the UFC to "cut the bullshit" and put him back on UFC 200 card
Page 1 of 1