The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
GSP asks for Nick Diaz next, Dana White likely to oblige Vote_lcapGSP asks for Nick Diaz next, Dana White likely to oblige Voting_barGSP asks for Nick Diaz next, Dana White likely to oblige Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
GSP asks for Nick Diaz next, Dana White likely to oblige Vote_lcapGSP asks for Nick Diaz next, Dana White likely to oblige Voting_barGSP asks for Nick Diaz next, Dana White likely to oblige Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

GSP asks for Nick Diaz next, Dana White likely to oblige

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

GSP asks for Nick Diaz next, Dana White likely to oblige Empty
PostSubject: GSP asks for Nick Diaz next, Dana White likely to oblige   GSP asks for Nick Diaz next, Dana White likely to oblige EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 5:42 pm

Quote :
It appears Georges St-Pierre will get his wish for his next fight but it doesn’t involve Anderson Silva or Johny Hendricks.

All signs are pointing towards St-Pierre next defending his UFC welterweight title against Stockton bad boy Nick Diaz at some point in 2013.

UFC President Dana White confirmed the news when speaking to reporters after the UFC on Fox 5 press conference ended. White stated that GSP has asked to fight Diaz next, and the UFC will likely oblige his wish.

St-Pierre has been on vacation in France since his unanimous decision victory over Carlos Condit just a few weeks ago, but now he’s made his intentions known, and it’s to settle a long standing rivalry with the former Strikeforce champion.

On two different occasions, St-Pierre and Diaz have been matched up, but neither fight went forward. Now it appears the grudge will finally be settled next year.

Diaz is still awaiting his suspension to be lifted from the Nevada State Athletic Commission surrounding a positive test for marijuana stemming from his last fight against Condit.

He will be available to apply for a new fight license after Feb 2, 2013, and at that point if cleared he can officially gear up to face St-Pierre for the UFC welterweight strap.

The unfortunate part of this entire scenario is for both Anderson Silva and Johny Hendricks, who wanted the next crack at St-Pierre. Silva has been gunning for a super fight against St-Pierre, while Hendricks has clearly defined himself as the No. 1 contender at welterweight over the last year.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/georges-st-pierre-asks-for-nick-diaz-dana-white-says-fight-will-probably-happen-next

I know this may shock a few of you guys who know that I am a big time Diaz fan, but I don't agree with this at all. Dana should not make this fight, and GSP should not be asking for it. I get it that GSP wants to get a piece of Diaz, and I get it that Dana wants to make the biggest fight possible, but this is BS.

Diaz hasn't earned this fight, Hendricks has. That's all there is to it.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

PostSubject: Re: GSP asks for Nick Diaz next, Dana White likely to oblige   GSP asks for Nick Diaz next, Dana White likely to oblige EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 8:18 pm

I too like both Diaz brothers and think they are both top level elite fighters. But a title fight coming off a loss and a suspension is just ludicrous! Especially when there is a clear cut number one contender!!! FUCK YOU DANA AND JOE SILVA!!! THIS FIGHT IS A FUCKIN SHAM!
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15333

PostSubject: Re: GSP asks for Nick Diaz next, Dana White likely to oblige   GSP asks for Nick Diaz next, Dana White likely to oblige EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 7:37 am

yeah 1000% agree. i like the diaz brothers too but hendrix should get this title shot first. If anything Give diaz koscheck or condit again. If he beats either of them then give diaz the next crack after hendrix.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: GSP asks for Nick Diaz next, Dana White likely to oblige   GSP asks for Nick Diaz next, Dana White likely to oblige EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 12:22 am

It's really gonna be bittersweet to me if this fight happens.
I mean, clearly I want to see Diaz fight for the title. Why wouldn't I? Being a fan, I would certainly rather see Diaz in there over anyody else.
But on the other hand, it would suck because while I agree that Hendricks should be up next and Diaz shouldn't rightfully be in there, it wouldn't be Diaz's fault that he got the shot. But that doesn't mean that a lion's share of the outrage over this decision would be aimed squarely at him. Diaz hate would be through the fucking roof if this came to be, and it really wouldn't be justified.

If this fight happens, the fault should lie squarely on Dana White and his preference to sell a fight over making the logical fght.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5740

PostSubject: Re: GSP asks for Nick Diaz next, Dana White likely to oblige   GSP asks for Nick Diaz next, Dana White likely to oblige EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 1:42 pm

AM I THE ONLY DIAZ FAN HERE? Heh heh.... I've wanted to see this fight for a looooong time. So has GSP and so have a lot of fans. Nothing better than a good vengeance fight with bad blood .... settles up old scores and forces the smack talkers to win or shut the hell up.

It really is time for Nick to take his beating and learn some respect.... GSP will beat respect into Nick and I predict Nick will cry for the first time in the ring .... while getting on his knees and bowing to GSP after he takes his beating... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5740

PostSubject: Re: GSP asks for Nick Diaz next, Dana White likely to oblige   GSP asks for Nick Diaz next, Dana White likely to oblige EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 1:44 pm

GSP has a story

Nick has a story

BJ has a story

Hughes has a story

Hell even Serra had somewhat of a story.....

Hendricks.... has a few flash KO's .... no story .... no interest
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: GSP asks for Nick Diaz next, Dana White likely to oblige   GSP asks for Nick Diaz next, Dana White likely to oblige EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 3:00 pm

I'd rather see Diaz fight Kampmann or Rory McDonald first. I think the GSP/Diaz fire needs a little bit of stoking before the fight itself actually happens.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35201

PostSubject: Re: GSP asks for Nick Diaz next, Dana White likely to oblige   GSP asks for Nick Diaz next, Dana White likely to oblige EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 3:17 pm

Will Rory even fight GSP?

Seems like next round of fights should be
GSP/Hendricks
Diaz/Kampmann
Conditt/MacDonald
Koscheck/Fitch (lol)
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: GSP asks for Nick Diaz next, Dana White likely to oblige   GSP asks for Nick Diaz next, Dana White likely to oblige EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 3:31 pm

I don't think Rory will fight GSP. I think the plan is for Rory to inherit the division if GSP goes up to 185 or retires.
I just read that Condit would accept a rematch with Rory, so that's likely to happen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GSP asks for Nick Diaz next, Dana White likely to oblige   GSP asks for Nick Diaz next, Dana White likely to oblige Empty

Back to top Go down

GSP asks for Nick Diaz next, Dana White likely to oblige
Page 1 of 1