The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Dana White: "I'm cool" with Nick Diaz. Vote_lcapDana White: "I'm cool" with Nick Diaz. Voting_barDana White: "I'm cool" with Nick Diaz. Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Dana White: "I'm cool" with Nick Diaz. Vote_lcapDana White: "I'm cool" with Nick Diaz. Voting_barDana White: "I'm cool" with Nick Diaz. Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Dana White: "I'm cool" with Nick Diaz.

Go down 
+3
Billytk
Chrom
Triggerman99
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59450

Dana White: "I'm cool" with Nick Diaz. Empty
PostSubject: Dana White: "I'm cool" with Nick Diaz.   Dana White: "I'm cool" with Nick Diaz. EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 6:12 pm

http://mmaweekly.com/fences-mended-nick-diaz-could-still-earn-a-shot-at-gsp-with-a-win-at-ufc-137

Quote :
“I talked to Nick two days ago on the phone for an hour. Here’s the thing with Nick Diaz, in which I’m not used to but I’m going to get used to it, he’s just a different guy. I’m going to have to handle him and deal with him differently than I do every other guy in the UFC. I’m cool with that,” White told MMAWeekly.com.

“Just have to handle him differently. I don’t have to call Matt Hughes every three days, I don’t have to call Rampage every three days, I don’t have to talk to these guys, but I do with Nick. That’s cool, I can do that.”

Looking back at the decision he had to make for the good of UFC 137, White admits that pulling Diaz wasn’t an easy decision, but something had to be done.

“It’s unfortunate what I had to do in that situation, but I had to do it,” White stated. “10 years, 1,600 fights, no one has ever not shown up for a press conference. It would be one thing if there was something wrong, like with the Jake Shields situation.”

Shields, who is Diaz’s long time teammate, lost his father Jack just weeks prior to his scheduled fight at UFC Fight Night 25, but opted to remain in his scheduled fight against Jake Ellenberger.

It is a completely different situation with Diaz, who just missed the press conference and showed little regard for his actions other than a YouTube video he put out later that same day.

White believes however he can work with Diaz, and hasn’t given up on giving the former Strikeforce welterweight champion another shot at UFC gold if things work out that way.

“I can figure this thing out where I can work with Nick Diaz, and we can make this happen,” White stated.

“We’ll see, I’d like to do that fight if they both win, I’d like to do that fight. We’ll see what happens.”

cheers
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22856

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: "I'm cool" with Nick Diaz.   Dana White: "I'm cool" with Nick Diaz. EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 6:27 pm

Well, it would be stupid to say he could never get a shot... and the sooner the more money better.
Back to top Go down
Billytk
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
Billytk

Standard Cash : 4705

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: "I'm cool" with Nick Diaz.   Dana White: "I'm cool" with Nick Diaz. EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 6:31 pm

Wow Dana is even more delusional then I thought
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: "I'm cool" with Nick Diaz.   Dana White: "I'm cool" with Nick Diaz. EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 7:53 pm

Yeah, cuz it would be way better for everybody if he just said fuck you Nick, you're never fighting for us again. That would be really productive!

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 4013

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: "I'm cool" with Nick Diaz.   Dana White: "I'm cool" with Nick Diaz. EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 8:19 pm

Ok, where's the old Dana? The one who would have burned a puppet of Overeem and raped a voodoo doll of Nick Diaz? This new Dana is rational and scares me...
Back to top Go down
Billytk
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
Billytk

Standard Cash : 4705

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: "I'm cool" with Nick Diaz.   Dana White: "I'm cool" with Nick Diaz. EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 9:20 pm

No matter if you think diaz should have been fired or not you have to admit Dana thinking he can have a rapport and get him do what he wants is delusional in my mind
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: "I'm cool" with Nick Diaz.   Dana White: "I'm cool" with Nick Diaz. EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 10:35 pm

It worked before.

Contrary to what people want to believe, Diaz left the company on his own after his last stint. he wasn't fired.

Like I have been saying all along; I don't think he realized the consequences of his actions. Now he does, and I believe (as Dana seems to, as well) that Diaz won't make the same mistake again.
Diaz may be a walking punchline, but he is also a seriously bad-ass fighter. Dana simply washing his hands of Diaz would be a case off Dana cutting off his nose to spite his face.
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7712

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: "I'm cool" with Nick Diaz.   Dana White: "I'm cool" with Nick Diaz. EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 3:07 pm

If he is gonna work with Nick Diaz.. Then he'll get Josh Barnett a title shot once Josh wins the HW Grand Prix lol....
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16395

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: "I'm cool" with Nick Diaz.   Dana White: "I'm cool" with Nick Diaz. EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 12:20 am

^^^^^only diff, Diaz never had a roid problem!
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: "I'm cool" with Nick Diaz.   Dana White: "I'm cool" with Nick Diaz. EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 12:59 am

cheers
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: "I'm cool" with Nick Diaz.   Dana White: "I'm cool" with Nick Diaz. EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 1:00 am

How can you not love the Diaz brothers after watching Nate absolutley anhihilate Gomi? That was fuckin awesome!!!!!!

WAR DIAZ BROTHERS!!!!!

HOLY SHIT, I HAVE A BRUTAL HEAD COLD AND I AM DRUNK!!!! MAYBE THAT'S WHY I AM TYPING IN ALL CAPS!!!!! MY LEGS ARE TINGLING AND THE TV LOOKS LIKE RAINBOWS MADE OUT OF BOOBIES!!!! SO, APPARENTLY EVERYTHING IS AWESOME RIGHT NOW, REGARDLESS OF MY SPECIFIC TASTES OR PREFERENCES!!!!! HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN BLACK SWAN?!?! MILA KUNIS TONGUE PUNCHES NATALIE PORTMAN IN THAT MOVIE!!!! IS THERE ANYTHING BETTER IN THIS WORLD THAN THAT?!?! I LIKE HOT WINGS!! YAAAAAY!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 4013

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: "I'm cool" with Nick Diaz.   Dana White: "I'm cool" with Nick Diaz. EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 7:57 am

Best. Post. Ever
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: "I'm cool" with Nick Diaz.   Dana White: "I'm cool" with Nick Diaz. EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 2:50 pm

And.....I'm not even hung over today! How is that even possible after being that loaded?

confused
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15330

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: "I'm cool" with Nick Diaz.   Dana White: "I'm cool" with Nick Diaz. EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 9:07 am

okay maybe i am alone, what is so great about nick diaz that deserves him special treatment on how to handle things.He has done nothing in my mind to give him any other treatment. I dont think he should be fired but he doesn't deserve anything above the next fighter.sounds like nick wants some one to hold his hand the whole time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: "I'm cool" with Nick Diaz.   Dana White: "I'm cool" with Nick Diaz. Empty

Back to top Go down

Dana White: "I'm cool" with Nick Diaz.
Page 1 of 1