The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
UFC Targeting Mega-Card in Dallas Featuring Rousey vs Tate.........and McGregor vs Aldo!!!  Vote_lcapUFC Targeting Mega-Card in Dallas Featuring Rousey vs Tate.........and McGregor vs Aldo!!!  Voting_barUFC Targeting Mega-Card in Dallas Featuring Rousey vs Tate.........and McGregor vs Aldo!!!  Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
UFC Targeting Mega-Card in Dallas Featuring Rousey vs Tate.........and McGregor vs Aldo!!!  Vote_lcapUFC Targeting Mega-Card in Dallas Featuring Rousey vs Tate.........and McGregor vs Aldo!!!  Voting_barUFC Targeting Mega-Card in Dallas Featuring Rousey vs Tate.........and McGregor vs Aldo!!!  Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

UFC Targeting Mega-Card in Dallas Featuring Rousey vs Tate.........and McGregor vs Aldo!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

UFC Targeting Mega-Card in Dallas Featuring Rousey vs Tate.........and McGregor vs Aldo!!!  Empty
PostSubject: UFC Targeting Mega-Card in Dallas Featuring Rousey vs Tate.........and McGregor vs Aldo!!!    UFC Targeting Mega-Card in Dallas Featuring Rousey vs Tate.........and McGregor vs Aldo!!!  EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 3:23 pm

Quote :
The UFC is targeting a fight card in Texas that will include title fights between Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate, as well as Jose Aldo and Conor McGregor, UFC President Dana White revealed on Saturday.

White said during the UFC 190 post-fight press conference that the company is aiming for a December date, possibly Dec. 5, for a fight card at AT&T Stadium, a venue that can seat over 80,000 spectators.

“Yeah, I’d like to put her on that card, and that card is probably going to be in Dallas, Texas,” White said.

RELATED > Ronda Rousey KOs Bethe Correia in 34 Seconds

Ronda-Rousey-UFC-The-Time-Is-Now-Press-02Rousey took just 34 seconds to obliterate Bethe Correia in the main event at UFC 190 on Saturday, successfully defending her UFC women’s bantamweight title. With the win, Rousey is on a path to a third contest with Tate. In the first two meetings between the bantamweights, Rousey submitted her nemesis by armbar.

White said UFC 190 was trending higher than last month’s UFC 189 card, which the company indicated did 1 million buys on pay-per-view. McGregor headlined that card, winning the UFC interim featherweight title against Chad Mendes.

If the December card comes together as White said he hopes, the assumption is the combination of Rousey and McGregor will eclipse the numbers the last two pay-per-views have done, and quite possibly break the attendance record of UFC 129 in Toronto, which pulled in nearly 56,000 fans

http://www.mmaweekly.com/ufc-targeting-ronda-rousey-and-conor-mcgregor-for-blockbuster-fight-card-in-dallas

UFC Targeting Mega-Card in Dallas Featuring Rousey vs Tate.........and McGregor vs Aldo!!!  Tumblr_mowgalVS3O1snfsquo1_400
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12619

UFC Targeting Mega-Card in Dallas Featuring Rousey vs Tate.........and McGregor vs Aldo!!!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC Targeting Mega-Card in Dallas Featuring Rousey vs Tate.........and McGregor vs Aldo!!!    UFC Targeting Mega-Card in Dallas Featuring Rousey vs Tate.........and McGregor vs Aldo!!!  EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 5:44 pm

Damn this would of been in the garden Sad
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10261

PostSubject: Re: UFC Targeting Mega-Card in Dallas Featuring Rousey vs Tate.........and McGregor vs Aldo!!!    UFC Targeting Mega-Card in Dallas Featuring Rousey vs Tate.........and McGregor vs Aldo!!!  EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 5:47 pm

i think fedor will be on this card also...
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: UFC Targeting Mega-Card in Dallas Featuring Rousey vs Tate.........and McGregor vs Aldo!!!    UFC Targeting Mega-Card in Dallas Featuring Rousey vs Tate.........and McGregor vs Aldo!!!  EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 10:10 pm

FistK wrote:
Damn this would of been in the garden Sad

Awww man!!!
Buzzkill!!! Crying or Very sad

lol!

Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15333

PostSubject: Re: UFC Targeting Mega-Card in Dallas Featuring Rousey vs Tate.........and McGregor vs Aldo!!!    UFC Targeting Mega-Card in Dallas Featuring Rousey vs Tate.........and McGregor vs Aldo!!!  EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 8:57 am

drainbamage wrote:
i think fedor will be on this card also...

I heard Werdum wants another crack at him too. That would be a great rematch.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: UFC Targeting Mega-Card in Dallas Featuring Rousey vs Tate.........and McGregor vs Aldo!!!    UFC Targeting Mega-Card in Dallas Featuring Rousey vs Tate.........and McGregor vs Aldo!!!  EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 5:43 pm

i was hoping for a fedor vs arlovski rematch. i think that would be the best option for both fighters and the UFC
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: UFC Targeting Mega-Card in Dallas Featuring Rousey vs Tate.........and McGregor vs Aldo!!!    UFC Targeting Mega-Card in Dallas Featuring Rousey vs Tate.........and McGregor vs Aldo!!!  EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 10:37 am

Going on a major leap of faith here but i predict Tate will beat Rousey for the title.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: UFC Targeting Mega-Card in Dallas Featuring Rousey vs Tate.........and McGregor vs Aldo!!!    UFC Targeting Mega-Card in Dallas Featuring Rousey vs Tate.........and McGregor vs Aldo!!!  EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 11:14 am

Gecko wrote:
Going on a major leap of faith here but i predict Tate will beat Rousey for the title.

You're joking, right???
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: UFC Targeting Mega-Card in Dallas Featuring Rousey vs Tate.........and McGregor vs Aldo!!!    UFC Targeting Mega-Card in Dallas Featuring Rousey vs Tate.........and McGregor vs Aldo!!!  EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 1:11 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:

Gecko wrote:

You're joking, right???

9 times out of 10 yes i would be joking but i dont know. i just got this weird gut feeling Tate will pull this out. Like when Serra fought GSP. I just had this weird gut feeling Serra was going to win. Tate did do a lot more and made it further than any other girl in her last outing. I guess i feel like Tate might actually have her number this time.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: UFC Targeting Mega-Card in Dallas Featuring Rousey vs Tate.........and McGregor vs Aldo!!!    UFC Targeting Mega-Card in Dallas Featuring Rousey vs Tate.........and McGregor vs Aldo!!!  EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 1:35 pm

disagree with you gecko- i think tate will be another minute or less finish. ronda has developed as a fighter, she is constantly growing and adding new tools. tate looks sloppy and slow. her last fight she took a lot of damage and at times looked to be throwing random hay makers. that might work against some people but ronda will make easy work of her if she shows up like that
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: UFC Targeting Mega-Card in Dallas Featuring Rousey vs Tate.........and McGregor vs Aldo!!!    UFC Targeting Mega-Card in Dallas Featuring Rousey vs Tate.........and McGregor vs Aldo!!!  EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 1:40 pm

drainbamage wrote:
disagree with you gecko- i think tate will be another minute or less finish. ronda has developed as a fighter, she is constantly growing and adding new tools. tate looks sloppy and slow. her last fight she took a lot of damage and at times looked to be throwing random hay makers. that might work against some people but ronda will make easy work of her if she shows up like that

Oh believe me i dont blame every single person on here for not wanting to agree with me heck any one with a little bit of common sense wouldn't agree with. I'm just thankful i'm not that bright to begin with..... lol! clown lol!

But seriously like i said i have no solid facts to back up my claim outside of a weird hunch that it will happen.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: UFC Targeting Mega-Card in Dallas Featuring Rousey vs Tate.........and McGregor vs Aldo!!!    UFC Targeting Mega-Card in Dallas Featuring Rousey vs Tate.........and McGregor vs Aldo!!!  EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 1:48 pm

Well, I mean hunches aside, yes; Tate did make it further that anyone else in her last fight with Ronda, but really the only reason she did was because of submission defense and pure attrition. She offered nothing in terms of offense, and it was basically just 3 rounds of submission defense. Credit where credit is due for defending that many Rousey submission attempts. Anybody else who has fought her can attest to exactly how impressive and difficult that is. But other than that, the fight basically had the look of "How much longer can she hold on without getting submitted?"

That's a long ways off from actually being competitive and in a position to win.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC Targeting Mega-Card in Dallas Featuring Rousey vs Tate.........and McGregor vs Aldo!!!    UFC Targeting Mega-Card in Dallas Featuring Rousey vs Tate.........and McGregor vs Aldo!!!  Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC Targeting Mega-Card in Dallas Featuring Rousey vs Tate.........and McGregor vs Aldo!!!
Page 1 of 1