The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Well it's official: Jose Aldo is out of UFC 189 title fight with Connor McGregor. Mendes vs McGregor for Interim Title. Fuck my life. Vote_lcapWell it's official: Jose Aldo is out of UFC 189 title fight with Connor McGregor. Mendes vs McGregor for Interim Title. Fuck my life. Voting_barWell it's official: Jose Aldo is out of UFC 189 title fight with Connor McGregor. Mendes vs McGregor for Interim Title. Fuck my life. Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Well it's official: Jose Aldo is out of UFC 189 title fight with Connor McGregor. Mendes vs McGregor for Interim Title. Fuck my life. Vote_lcapWell it's official: Jose Aldo is out of UFC 189 title fight with Connor McGregor. Mendes vs McGregor for Interim Title. Fuck my life. Voting_barWell it's official: Jose Aldo is out of UFC 189 title fight with Connor McGregor. Mendes vs McGregor for Interim Title. Fuck my life. Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Well it's official: Jose Aldo is out of UFC 189 title fight with Connor McGregor. Mendes vs McGregor for Interim Title. Fuck my life.

Go down 
+4
Chrom
FistK
Gecko
Triggerman99
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59441

Well it's official: Jose Aldo is out of UFC 189 title fight with Connor McGregor. Mendes vs McGregor for Interim Title. Fuck my life. Empty
PostSubject: Well it's official: Jose Aldo is out of UFC 189 title fight with Connor McGregor. Mendes vs McGregor for Interim Title. Fuck my life.   Well it's official: Jose Aldo is out of UFC 189 title fight with Connor McGregor. Mendes vs McGregor for Interim Title. Fuck my life. EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 11:49 pm

http://www.mmaweekly.com/jose-aldo-out-of-ufc-189-conor-mcgregor-to-face-chad-mendes-for-interim-title

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15321

Well it's official: Jose Aldo is out of UFC 189 title fight with Connor McGregor. Mendes vs McGregor for Interim Title. Fuck my life. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well it's official: Jose Aldo is out of UFC 189 title fight with Connor McGregor. Mendes vs McGregor for Interim Title. Fuck my life.   Well it's official: Jose Aldo is out of UFC 189 title fight with Connor McGregor. Mendes vs McGregor for Interim Title. Fuck my life. EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 7:57 am

Connor called it. Pretty worried for Connor too. i just dont like his odds against Mendes.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12607

PostSubject: Re: Well it's official: Jose Aldo is out of UFC 189 title fight with Connor McGregor. Mendes vs McGregor for Interim Title. Fuck my life.   Well it's official: Jose Aldo is out of UFC 189 title fight with Connor McGregor. Mendes vs McGregor for Interim Title. Fuck my life. EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 8:25 am

And the doctor cleared him to fight.

I would like to repeat my earlier sentiment.

FUCK YOU JOSE ALDO!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Well it's official: Jose Aldo is out of UFC 189 title fight with Connor McGregor. Mendes vs McGregor for Interim Title. Fuck my life.   Well it's official: Jose Aldo is out of UFC 189 title fight with Connor McGregor. Mendes vs McGregor for Interim Title. Fuck my life. EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 10:31 am

FistK wrote:
And the doctor cleared him to fight.

I would like to repeat my earlier sentiment.

FUCK YOU JOSE ALDO!!!!!

Right, but at least that theory about him faking it for the sole purpose of mind fucking McGregor turned out to obviously not be true.

But yeah, this fucking blows on so many levels.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12607

PostSubject: Re: Well it's official: Jose Aldo is out of UFC 189 title fight with Connor McGregor. Mendes vs McGregor for Interim Title. Fuck my life.   Well it's official: Jose Aldo is out of UFC 189 title fight with Connor McGregor. Mendes vs McGregor for Interim Title. Fuck my life. EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 12:13 pm

Well if I came off sounding like Aldo fabricated the whole thing as a strategic plan just to fuck with McGregor then I definitely explained myself wrong in my e-rage lol.

I mean I know he had an injury.  He had an MRI and it was confirmed there was something there whether it be a fracture or a bruise.

I was just saying its ALWAYS fucking something with him and his camp and I was sure they were going to drag it on as long as they possibly could just to fuck with McGregor's training which is bush league imo.  Win the fight like a man.

Anyways, if I was the UFC I would strip his ass of the belt.  This is the 5th time he has done this!  He was actually cleared to fight this time too.  Its MMA you arent always going to be 110%.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22847

PostSubject: Re: Well it's official: Jose Aldo is out of UFC 189 title fight with Connor McGregor. Mendes vs McGregor for Interim Title. Fuck my life.   Well it's official: Jose Aldo is out of UFC 189 title fight with Connor McGregor. Mendes vs McGregor for Interim Title. Fuck my life. EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 1:06 pm

Cleared to fight!!!!!!!! Fuck him, I agree take the title and make the Mendes/McGregor fight for the vacant title. Hell that is literally what he did, he vacated a title fight.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Well it's official: Jose Aldo is out of UFC 189 title fight with Connor McGregor. Mendes vs McGregor for Interim Title. Fuck my life.   Well it's official: Jose Aldo is out of UFC 189 title fight with Connor McGregor. Mendes vs McGregor for Interim Title. Fuck my life. EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 2:19 pm

Yeah Dana was on ESPN and he was clearly pissed at Aldo. He did his best to keep it respectful, but without even being asked, he made a point to say that Aldo has pulled out of five title fights.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10249

PostSubject: Re: Well it's official: Jose Aldo is out of UFC 189 title fight with Connor McGregor. Mendes vs McGregor for Interim Title. Fuck my life.   Well it's official: Jose Aldo is out of UFC 189 title fight with Connor McGregor. Mendes vs McGregor for Interim Title. Fuck my life. EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 3:39 pm

wonder how they will market mendez vs mcgregor now..
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Well it's official: Jose Aldo is out of UFC 189 title fight with Connor McGregor. Mendes vs McGregor for Interim Title. Fuck my life.   Well it's official: Jose Aldo is out of UFC 189 title fight with Connor McGregor. Mendes vs McGregor for Interim Title. Fuck my life. EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 3:40 pm

i think im the only person who is happy by the outcome of this. i think this fight is more interesting now. mendez has excellent striking, excellent wrestling, excellent cardio, and a solid chin. i know conor will tower him and im interested if conor will be able to create distance like he usually does.

I have this being 10 times the fight aldo vs mcgregor would be.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Well it's official: Jose Aldo is out of UFC 189 title fight with Connor McGregor. Mendes vs McGregor for Interim Title. Fuck my life.   Well it's official: Jose Aldo is out of UFC 189 title fight with Connor McGregor. Mendes vs McGregor for Interim Title. Fuck my life. EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 3:41 pm

and if mendez wins id love to see him and edgar fight for the belt before aldo
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Well it's official: Jose Aldo is out of UFC 189 title fight with Connor McGregor. Mendes vs McGregor for Interim Title. Fuck my life.   Well it's official: Jose Aldo is out of UFC 189 title fight with Connor McGregor. Mendes vs McGregor for Interim Title. Fuck my life. EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 4:31 pm

^^^
Nah, I gotta disagree with ya there.
At best, this will be a good stand-up fight, but not as good as Aldo/Mcgregor could have been. And at worst, Mendes decides he doesn't want to stand with McGregor and takes him down at will and crab-locks McGregor down on his way to an easy UD.

Which brings up another horrible scenario to this whole situation; What if Mendes wins? It's a very real, probably even likely outcome, and Dana has already said Aldo gets the winner. So we could be looking at Aldo/Mendes 3.

Great job Aldo! You just gave up probably the biggest payday you'll ever see in your career in exchange for possibly a third fight with Mendes that will earn you a headliner paycheck somewhere between Demetrious Johnson and TitanFC.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35189

PostSubject: Re: Well it's official: Jose Aldo is out of UFC 189 title fight with Connor McGregor. Mendes vs McGregor for Interim Title. Fuck my life.   Well it's official: Jose Aldo is out of UFC 189 title fight with Connor McGregor. Mendes vs McGregor for Interim Title. Fuck my life. EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 9:28 am

When does Dana step in and just tell fighters what weight class they have to fight at. Aldo has been very voal for years about his challenges to make weight at 145.
How many fucking fights does he have to pull out of simply because he is not healthy enough to do the cardio to cut down to such an unhealthy weight?
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Well it's official: Jose Aldo is out of UFC 189 title fight with Connor McGregor. Mendes vs McGregor for Interim Title. Fuck my life.   Well it's official: Jose Aldo is out of UFC 189 title fight with Connor McGregor. Mendes vs McGregor for Interim Title. Fuck my life. EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 11:05 am

^^
Yeah you have to wonder if that's the real issue here. If his rib isn't actually so bad that the commission wouldn't allow him to fight, then what's stopping him? They say it's a pain issue, but fighters can fight through pain, especially considering the fight is still over a week away.
Logic suggests his timeline is now fucked up and he knows he can't cut the large amount of weight he needs to cut in time now.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10302

PostSubject: Re: Well it's official: Jose Aldo is out of UFC 189 title fight with Connor McGregor. Mendes vs McGregor for Interim Title. Fuck my life.   Well it's official: Jose Aldo is out of UFC 189 title fight with Connor McGregor. Mendes vs McGregor for Interim Title. Fuck my life. EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 10:21 am

These interim belts are just ridiculous. I agree with Aldo's comment about it being just a "toy belt". They're meaningless IMO. You may as well call the #1 contendor the "interim champion" at any given time.

Having said all this I hope Mendes destroys Connor. I don't think it will happen but it would make my day.
Back to top Go down
Grey Suit
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Grey Suit

Standard Cash : 31175

PostSubject: Re: Well it's official: Jose Aldo is out of UFC 189 title fight with Connor McGregor. Mendes vs McGregor for Interim Title. Fuck my life.   Well it's official: Jose Aldo is out of UFC 189 title fight with Connor McGregor. Mendes vs McGregor for Interim Title. Fuck my life. EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 10:26 am

samger2 wrote:
These interim belts are just ridiculous.  I agree with Aldo's comment about it being just a "toy belt".  They're meaningless IMO.  You may as well call the #1 contendor the "interim champion" at any given time.  

Having said all this I hope Mendes destroys Connor.  I don't think it will happen but it would make my day.

Could not agree more on the internet belt, its basically just a marketing ploy so the UFC can keep the words "title fight" on the poster.

I do disagree with you on the fight outcome, I think Mendes dominates McGregger with a LnP type stratify.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well it's official: Jose Aldo is out of UFC 189 title fight with Connor McGregor. Mendes vs McGregor for Interim Title. Fuck my life.   Well it's official: Jose Aldo is out of UFC 189 title fight with Connor McGregor. Mendes vs McGregor for Interim Title. Fuck my life. Empty

Back to top Go down

Well it's official: Jose Aldo is out of UFC 189 title fight with Connor McGregor. Mendes vs McGregor for Interim Title. Fuck my life.
Page 1 of 1