The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Sonnen vs wandy is on!!!! Vote_lcapSonnen vs wandy is on!!!! Voting_barSonnen vs wandy is on!!!! Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Sonnen vs wandy is on!!!! Vote_lcapSonnen vs wandy is on!!!! Voting_barSonnen vs wandy is on!!!! Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Sonnen vs wandy is on!!!!

Go down 
+2
FistK
Gecko
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15325

Sonnen vs wandy is on!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Sonnen vs wandy is on!!!!   Sonnen vs wandy is on!!!! EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 7:49 am

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/chael-sonnen-vs-wanderlei-silva-035238291--mma.html

Right after they coach TUF3 Brazil. Never cared to much about watching tuf brazil but this one i would turn into.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12611

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen vs wandy is on!!!!   Sonnen vs wandy is on!!!! EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 9:57 am

Sweet, should be fun.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35193

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen vs wandy is on!!!!   Sonnen vs wandy is on!!!! EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 10:06 am

Should be fun, although if I were a contestant I would be begging for Sonnen to pick me on his team. I feel this fight will be as one sided (maybe more) than Chael's fight against Shogun.

Is it possible this will be both fighters' last fight?
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22851

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen vs wandy is on!!!!   Sonnen vs wandy is on!!!! EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 10:45 am

Well the drama will be thick in this one I'm sure. Should be a decent fight though.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen vs wandy is on!!!!   Sonnen vs wandy is on!!!! EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 10:56 am

stock wrote:
Should be fun, although if I were a contestant I would be begging for Sonnen to pick me on his team.  I feel this fight will be as one sided (maybe more) than Chael's fight against Shogun.

Is it possible this will be both fighters' last fight?
Wandy i would say maybe. i dont think chael is near done yet. But thats just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59445

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen vs wandy is on!!!!   Sonnen vs wandy is on!!!! EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 3:22 pm

The fight itself isn't really all that intriguing to me. That should be quick, with Sonnen winning easliy.

But having Sonnen coach TUF Brasil?! Wow......that's dicey on a lot of levels. Aside from the fact that he will have to have security at all times, how are the fighters going to feel about being coached by Sonnen, especially when the other coach is a Braziliian fighting legend like Wanderlei Silva? Are they even going to want to be on Sonnen's team? How are the Brazillian fans going to feel about a Brazillian fighter taking advice from Sonnen?

I gotta say, I don't like this. This isn't going to go well.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen vs wandy is on!!!!   Sonnen vs wandy is on!!!! EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 7:42 am

I would say any Brazillian would be smart to be on sonnens team. brazillians are like alot of UK fighters in the sense that wrestling is never there best strength and to have a coach like sonnen with his wrestling back ground. they would be stupid not to join his team. I mean what is wandy going to teach them that they arent already training in. im not saying wandy cant teach these fighters some things but i also dont think wandy could bring there game to a new level like sonnen could.

Ofcourse i know they wont look at it that way. It will be more like wandy/ brazil/idol kind of thing. As a fan thats cool but as fighter tring to make it in the big leagues i would say it is very poor move/attitude to have.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen vs wandy is on!!!!   Sonnen vs wandy is on!!!! EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 5:12 pm

Oh I don't disagree at all that they should want to be on Sonnen's team: like you said, he could really enlighten them on the wrestling level, and he has already proved to everybody what a great coach he can be. I just don't think they're going to see it that way. Brazillians are a very proud people, and the things that Sonnen about their country won't be quickly forgotten, IMO.

On top of that, how many of these guys will be able to speak English? I know Sonnen knows a little Portuguese, but are they going to be able to understand him when he's coaching them?
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7960

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen vs wandy is on!!!!   Sonnen vs wandy is on!!!! EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 10:35 pm

pride is not the word i would use when describing people that ignore reason or logic for the reasons of nationality
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12611

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen vs wandy is on!!!!   Sonnen vs wandy is on!!!! EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 6:16 am

Triggerman99 wrote:
The fight itself isn't really all that intriguing to me. That should be quick, with Sonnen winning easliy.

But having Sonnen coach TUF Brasil?! Wow......that's dicey on a lot of levels. Aside from the fact that he will have to have security at all times, how are the fighters going to feel about being coached by Sonnen, especially when the other coach is a Braziliian fighting legend like Wanderlei Silva? Are they even going to want to be on Sonnen's team? How are the Brazillian fans going to feel about a Brazillian fighter taking advice from Sonnen?

I gotta say, I don't like this. This isn't going to go well.
Pretty much everything I was thinking as well. Sonnen has got HUGE balls.

I don't think I am being overly dramatic when I say his life could be in danger down there.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen vs wandy is on!!!!   Sonnen vs wandy is on!!!! EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 7:57 am

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/wanderlei-silva-putting-pressure-dana-181838187--mma.html

Looks like wandy is tring to get dana to make it a brazil vs usa tuf show......oh hell yeah!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen vs wandy is on!!!!   Sonnen vs wandy is on!!!! EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 1:55 pm

^^^
Yeah, that would make a little more sense. Wanderlei saying "it doesn't make sense for Sonnen to coach Brazillians" on TUF against Wanderlei has got to be the understatement of the year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen vs wandy is on!!!!   Sonnen vs wandy is on!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Sonnen vs wandy is on!!!!
Page 1 of 1