The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Wandy and Sonnen have a war of words at a mr olympia contest. Vote_lcapWandy and Sonnen have a war of words at a mr olympia contest. Voting_barWandy and Sonnen have a war of words at a mr olympia contest. Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Wandy and Sonnen have a war of words at a mr olympia contest. Vote_lcapWandy and Sonnen have a war of words at a mr olympia contest. Voting_barWandy and Sonnen have a war of words at a mr olympia contest. Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Wandy and Sonnen have a war of words at a mr olympia contest.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15326

Wandy and Sonnen have a war of words at a mr olympia contest. Empty
PostSubject: Wandy and Sonnen have a war of words at a mr olympia contest.   Wandy and Sonnen have a war of words at a mr olympia contest. EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 4:28 pm

http://www.mmaweekly.com/wanderlei-silva-confronts-chael-sonnen-at-mr-olympia-expo-everything-you-said-about-me-will-have-a-payback

If wandy is going to go up to chaels face talk all that smack then he needs to back it up and stop making excuses for not fighting. really looked like Sonnen was minding his own bussiness and wandy just runs up and gets in his face then has the nerve to say chael is afraid of him...really?!!! Sonnen has been lobbying for a fight with you wandy and so far all we hear are reason why you wont fight him. I think wandy is the scared one here.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35194

PostSubject: Re: Wandy and Sonnen have a war of words at a mr olympia contest.   Wandy and Sonnen have a war of words at a mr olympia contest. EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 4:31 pm

I am curious as to what the Genesis is of all Sonnen's hatred toward Wandy. Wandy's always seemed to be a class act guy, but Chael just can't stand him.

Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59446

PostSubject: Re: Wandy and Sonnen have a war of words at a mr olympia contest.   Wandy and Sonnen have a war of words at a mr olympia contest. EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 1:56 am

There was some weird shit-talking on a bus somewhere where Wandy punked Chael in Portuguese and Chael didn't realize he was being punked or something. I don't know, they both apparently hold some level of beef, but it seems pretty thin to me.
I'll watch the fight, but Chael hates all Brazilians, so I don't really care about the drama.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12612

PostSubject: Re: Wandy and Sonnen have a war of words at a mr olympia contest.   Wandy and Sonnen have a war of words at a mr olympia contest. EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 9:06 am

Triggerman99 wrote:
There was some weird shit-talking on a bus somewhere where Wandy punked Chael in Portuguese and Chael didn't realize he was being punked or something. I don't know, they both apparently hold some level of beef, but it seems pretty thin to me.
I'll watch the fight, but Chael hates all Brazilians, so I don't really care about the drama.
Wandy was cursing Chael out one time when they were in the same vehicle. Chael seemed pretty confused by it all. I remember the video.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12612

PostSubject: Re: Wandy and Sonnen have a war of words at a mr olympia contest.   Wandy and Sonnen have a war of words at a mr olympia contest. EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 9:07 am

I thought the funniest thing about this video was Chael's reaction. When he first saw Wandy coming at him he looked generally scared for a sec, then he saw it was Wandy and was like "oh its just you...fuck you!" lol

Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Wandy and Sonnen have a war of words at a mr olympia contest.   Wandy and Sonnen have a war of words at a mr olympia contest. EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 3:43 pm

FistK wrote:
I thought the funniest thing about this video was Chael's reaction.  When he first saw Wandy coming at him he looked generally scared for a sec, then he saw it was Wandy and was like "oh its just you...fuck you!"  lol

See I actually thought Chael looked almost happy to see him for a second, like he expected some light-hearted, photo-op friendly trash-talking or something. Then when he saw Wanderlei was all hot and bothered, he flipped the switch and actually seemed like he managed to beat Wandy to the punch and get in his face before Wandy could get into his.

All in all I thought this was really, really lame by Wanderlei. I'm not against him confronting Chael face-to-face, (because Chael has in fact been talking shit, and Wanderlei facing him in person was the man thing to do), but there was like an 8 second confrontation that Chael actually seemed to "win", and then like 2 minutes of Wanderlei in a completely different location doing a freaking monologue of threats at the camera as though the camera itself was Chael. Not to mention, as gecko said, Chael's been asking for this fight and Wanderlei has been finding ways not to take it.
If you want to look like you're ready to do this, then sign the dotted line. Don't release a video that consists of 95% scary music and camera harrassment.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: Wandy and Sonnen have a war of words at a mr olympia contest.   Wandy and Sonnen have a war of words at a mr olympia contest. EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 9:54 am

One thing I like about Chael (which I also liked about Penn, Diaz, Vitor, among others), when he wants to fight you, he'll do it at any weight class you want.
He's not one of those guys that says, "I'll kick your ass........ Now make weight first."
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Wandy and Sonnen have a war of words at a mr olympia contest.   Wandy and Sonnen have a war of words at a mr olympia contest. EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 8:15 pm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1796296-chael-sonnen-says-anthony-pettis-had-his-back-in-wanderlei-silva-confrontation

lol
Sounds like Chael had a little back-up!
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Wandy and Sonnen have a war of words at a mr olympia contest.   Wandy and Sonnen have a war of words at a mr olympia contest. EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 7:51 am

Pettis stock just keeps rising for me. Liking the guy more and more.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: Wandy and Sonnen have a war of words at a mr olympia contest.   Wandy and Sonnen have a war of words at a mr olympia contest. EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 9:38 am

Yeah, love the guy.
UFC signed his brother too (debuting at UFC 167).
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Wandy and Sonnen have a war of words at a mr olympia contest.   Wandy and Sonnen have a war of words at a mr olympia contest. EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 9:47 am

stock wrote:
Yeah, love the guy.
UFC signed his brother too (debuting at UFC 167).

oh snap thats pretty cool. Hows his record looking? Is he the same weight class as his brother?
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: Wandy and Sonnen have a war of words at a mr olympia contest.   Wandy and Sonnen have a war of words at a mr olympia contest. EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 10:32 am

He's been fighting at fly and is 9-0 (3-3-3 KO/Sub/Dec).
Haven't heard of anyone he's beat.

He's fighting Vaughan Lee. Not sure if Pettis will be moving up to Bantam or if Lee is dropping a class coming off a loss.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5733

PostSubject: Re: Wandy and Sonnen have a war of words at a mr olympia contest.   Wandy and Sonnen have a war of words at a mr olympia contest. EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 2:19 pm

Silva's getting knocked out faster than a ballerina these days I don't think he's gonna be able to back up his nasty stuff with Sonnen..... whenever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wandy and Sonnen have a war of words at a mr olympia contest.   Wandy and Sonnen have a war of words at a mr olympia contest. Empty

Back to top Go down

Wandy and Sonnen have a war of words at a mr olympia contest.
Page 1 of 1