The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
wandy vs sonnen fight on tuf brazil 3 Vote_lcapwandy vs sonnen fight on tuf brazil 3 Voting_barwandy vs sonnen fight on tuf brazil 3 Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
wandy vs sonnen fight on tuf brazil 3 Vote_lcapwandy vs sonnen fight on tuf brazil 3 Voting_barwandy vs sonnen fight on tuf brazil 3 Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

wandy vs sonnen fight on tuf brazil 3

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7960

wandy vs sonnen fight on tuf brazil 3 Empty
PostSubject: wandy vs sonnen fight on tuf brazil 3   wandy vs sonnen fight on tuf brazil 3 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 12:12 am

i just posted about Gracie vs Bravo feud but this is more important and bigger. its the same family of problems with brazilians. the whole insecurity about brazil comes out pretty blatantly right now. im not saying that no other nations do it but brazilians are in your face right now. they are like a teenager nation, crying and fighting you as soon as you point and laugh at their zits.
dude, wandy, chill the fuck out. you're acting like a pregnant woman. moody and bloated. btw why are you so bloated?
this insecure gang mentality does not make them look good to anyone outside brazil, and i hope normal brazilians are not pleased either.
gang beating sonnen in the back of the head? and then bragging about it?
i love wandy as a fighter but he is really disappointing me as a person.

and if anyone says im hypocritical, just look at my name on this forum.
i am not insecure about russia. yes, at the lowest, they are arrogant, track suits wearing, looking for some gay people to fight, drunks. but russia is about intelligence and culture in general.
but even if it wasnt, my point is that ones self worth should not depend on the status of their country.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59445

PostSubject: Re: wandy vs sonnen fight on tuf brazil 3   wandy vs sonnen fight on tuf brazil 3 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 3:12 am

Ahhhh.....
Okay....Are we talking about the "leaked" video of Wandy and Sonnen "fighting"? Because that was the fakest, most staged shit I ever saw in my entire life!
I don't mean to disregard anything in your post, but since you mentioned the fight in the title of the thread, I feel it needs to addressed;

It was insulting to the integrity of the viewers.
It was more obviously fake than pro wrestling.
It was an absolute and complete farce.

Do I need to say more?
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22851

PostSubject: Re: wandy vs sonnen fight on tuf brazil 3   wandy vs sonnen fight on tuf brazil 3 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 5:22 pm

Have you seen the full fight? I thought it looked staged as well... until I watched the episode. Wandy split Sonnen open with some elbows from the bottom, one of his coaches hit Sonnen when he was down and I also saw the "Foot Faced" dude throw a stomp/kick. Sonnen was bruised, bloodied and bumped...
I'm pretty sure it was real and Wandy has all but lost me as a fan at this point.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Silva and Sonnen fight on set of TUF (gif)   wandy vs sonnen fight on tuf brazil 3 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 2:28 pm

Quote :
Chael Sonnen and Wanderlei Silva are helping a cast of UFC hopefuls hone their skill sets on The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil 3, and the two coaches and UFC superstars recently decided to give their teams a live demonstration of the fight game.

Mixed martial arts fans have heard about this brawl for some time, knowing that Sonnen got punched in the back of the head by one of Silva's assistants, but we finally got to see firsthand what went down Sunday on UFC Fight Pass.

GIF extraordinaire Zombie Prophet posted a recap of the clash on Twitter. Let's break it down.

After the weigh-ins for the episode's fight between Team Silva's Richardson Moreira and Team Sonnen's Job Kleber, the two coaches engage in a tense staredown.

Words are exchanged. Sonnen unleashes a bit of sarcastic, not-sure-if-serious threats, and a shoving match ensues.

Silva lunges at Sonnen first and then backs off, only for the war of words to resume. Sonnen then returns the favor with a solid push of his own, and the two assume a fighting stance. Sonnen holds his hands high and bounces around for a bit before shooting a double-leg takedown on Silva, planting his foe on his back in the middle of the room.

The all-out war begins at this point, with coaches and cast members from both squads swarming the scene in an attempt to break up the action.

Sonnen gets punched in the back of the head, as expected, by Team Silva's Andre Dida, an assistant coach this season. Interestingly enough, Dida told MMAFighting.com's Guilherme Cruz that he struck Sonnen to stop the brawl, not to intensify it.

That worked well, didn't it?

Eventually, the nonsense ended, and both coaches regained their composure and settled in for the fight that mattered—the one that the show is built around.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2029433-ufc-on-fox-11-5-reasons-to-watch#articles/2028591-chael-sonnen-wanderlei-silva-incite-massive-brawl-while-coaching-tuf-brazil

I think you gotta clink the link to see the gif.

I'll let everyone come to their own conclusion about what they saw, but....... (*sigh*)
Face Palm

Last edited by Triggerman99 on Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: wandy vs sonnen fight on tuf brazil 3   wandy vs sonnen fight on tuf brazil 3 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 2:45 pm

So, I'll ask you again,
Have you seen the fight... as in video, not a choppy gif?

and you have linked to: 5 reasons to watch UFC on Fox 11... bleacher may have pulled the article?
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: wandy vs sonnen fight on tuf brazil 3   wandy vs sonnen fight on tuf brazil 3 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 2:50 pm

The shit talk starts at about 2:50 slomo replay from another camera is at about 6:

Last edited by Chrom on Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: wandy vs sonnen fight on tuf brazil 3   wandy vs sonnen fight on tuf brazil 3 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 3:32 pm

Yeah I don't know what's up with the link. I just tried to re-post it again and it still sends me to the wrong article. Also, I tried to check out your link, but this site is acting really odd for me today and not loading correctly so I can't see what you posted.
But yes, I have seen a video of it. And the video I saw makes it look even more fake and staged than the gif I posted. lol
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: wandy vs sonnen fight on tuf brazil 3   wandy vs sonnen fight on tuf brazil 3 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 3:45 pm

If any of it was a show/faked it was just the initial 5 seconds or so IMO
The open handed slap to takedown, possibly staged... but after that, no way in hell. Wandy was elbowing the shit out of Chael's head and split him open, the one coach threw multiple hammer fists to the back of Cheal's head as well.

At the very most, I think it could have been a staged event gone awry.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: wandy vs sonnen fight on tuf brazil 3   wandy vs sonnen fight on tuf brazil 3 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 4:22 pm

Can you post the video you saw? Because I haven't seen anything resembling anything you just described anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: wandy vs sonnen fight on tuf brazil 3   wandy vs sonnen fight on tuf brazil 3 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 4:38 pm

It's in the video I posted in the other thread. click the "spoiler" title and the vid should pop up.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: wandy vs sonnen fight on tuf brazil 3   wandy vs sonnen fight on tuf brazil 3 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 4:58 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTDsneaHwxc

Yeah I couldn't get the vid you posted to load or anything. Here's a link to a Youtube video (I can't embed it because of previously mentioned funky site behavior).

I think I can see what you were referring to about the elbows, but to me it looks like not much more than them doing a pretty good job selling it. Everything else is completely and obviously staged.
Silva threw an open hand slap at him for Christ's sake! Then when Chael shoots on him, he doesn't even wrap his arms around Silva at all. He just plods into him like a drunk bull and Silva magically falls safely and gently onto his back. And not one person attempted to step in and break it up when it started. Not one. Remember Chuck and Tito or Tito and Shamrock? As soon as they started raising their voices and getting near each other, everybody in the room stepped in between them to break it up. But here we have these two arguing in each other's faces, two-arm shoving, squaring off in fight stances, swinging at each other, and still not one person steps in to try and break it up until a double-leg takedown by Sonnen?!

And yeah; Sonnen got a little wound on his forehead, but it looked more like an abrasion or scrape than a bonafide cut. I've seen worse cuts than that from accidental elbows in grappling training sessions.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: wandy vs sonnen fight on tuf brazil 3   wandy vs sonnen fight on tuf brazil 3 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 5:06 pm

Yeah... that wasn't "Briga Completa", there is another angle that they show in the link I provided. The cut I was referring to wasn't the one on his forehead, that was the bruise and bump I was talking about. But, he was dripping blood from an actual cut on his scalp on top of his head.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: wandy vs sonnen fight on tuf brazil 3   wandy vs sonnen fight on tuf brazil 3 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 5:08 pm

Suspect well... we clearly have a mole on the site... the video was yanked.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: wandy vs sonnen fight on tuf brazil 3   wandy vs sonnen fight on tuf brazil 3 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 5:14 pm

added a link in the spoiler area...
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: wandy vs sonnen fight on tuf brazil 3   wandy vs sonnen fight on tuf brazil 3 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 5:26 pm

Yeah I clicked in the spoiler you posted on this thread and nothing happened. Then you mentioned that you posted a vid in the other thread so I went and checked and didn't see one. Honestly, I forgot there even was another thread....and I actually posted on that thread!! lol! Shows you how drunk I was!
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: wandy vs sonnen fight on tuf brazil 3   wandy vs sonnen fight on tuf brazil 3 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 5:54 pm

merged
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wandy vs sonnen fight on tuf brazil 3   wandy vs sonnen fight on tuf brazil 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

wandy vs sonnen fight on tuf brazil 3
Page 1 of 1