The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Wanderlei Silva tries to "Chael Sonnen" Chael Sonnen, but it doesn't seem to work Vote_lcapWanderlei Silva tries to "Chael Sonnen" Chael Sonnen, but it doesn't seem to work Voting_barWanderlei Silva tries to "Chael Sonnen" Chael Sonnen, but it doesn't seem to work Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Wanderlei Silva tries to "Chael Sonnen" Chael Sonnen, but it doesn't seem to work Vote_lcapWanderlei Silva tries to "Chael Sonnen" Chael Sonnen, but it doesn't seem to work Voting_barWanderlei Silva tries to "Chael Sonnen" Chael Sonnen, but it doesn't seem to work Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Wanderlei Silva tries to "Chael Sonnen" Chael Sonnen, but it doesn't seem to work

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59442

Wanderlei Silva tries to "Chael Sonnen" Chael Sonnen, but it doesn't seem to work Empty
PostSubject: Wanderlei Silva tries to "Chael Sonnen" Chael Sonnen, but it doesn't seem to work   Wanderlei Silva tries to "Chael Sonnen" Chael Sonnen, but it doesn't seem to work EmptyWed May 15, 2013 3:38 pm

Quote :
Chael Sonnen, upon announcing that he wasn’t ready for retirement, immediately took aim at lining up his first post-Jon Jones opponent, Wanderlei Silva.

Sonnen lobbied hard and heavy for the fight, even going so far as making up his own promotional poster, trying to make the fight happen on the UFC’s upcoming Fox Sports 1 event in August.

When Silva didn’t respond, Sonnen issued an ultimatum.

“Wand- you have 24 hours to accept,” he tweeted. “If you do, I will donate 10% of my purse to help schools in your hometown of Curitiba .. I mean, VEGAS.”

The deadline has come and gone, and it appears that the opportunity to put the fight together may have as well.

“I only follow a couple of rules in fighting, but one of them is you don’t bully a guy,” said Sonnen on Tuesday night’s edition of UFC Tonight. “If a guy doesn’t want to fight, you don’t keep picking on him.

“I gave (Silva) the timeline. I was also giving it to myself. If he doesn’t answer, I’m done and I’ll move on, and I have.”

Sonnen was then hit with comments from UFC Tonight reporter Ariel Helwani, who spoke with Silva prior to the show.

Silva said that he hadn’t even heard of Sonnen’s deadline, and added that UFC officials have not offered him the bout. He sounded as if he wanted the fight, however, providing a few choice words aimed squarely at Sonnen.

“Jon Jones and Anderson Silva have been too nice to Chael. I want to suck his blood. I want to smell it,” he said. “Not just fight. Not just fight. I want to hurt him.

“Chael is a joke man. He is going to be second forever. He is never going to be first.”

Silva was obviously playing Sonnen’s baiting game and shoving it right back in his face, but it didn’t sound as if Sonnen took the hook.

“I think the real breaking news there is that Wanderlei Silva put together a coherent sentence that somebody understood,” commented Sonnen. “But I can assure you, Wanderlei, I will not be signing a contract for you to suck on any part of me. I suggest you go to a bath and find yourself.”

http://www.mmaweekly.com/wanderlei-silva-tries-to-chael-sonnen-chael-sonnen-but-it-doesnt-appear-to-work

scratch
Should this be in the "WTF Thread"?
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7957

Wanderlei Silva tries to "Chael Sonnen" Chael Sonnen, but it doesn't seem to work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanderlei Silva tries to "Chael Sonnen" Chael Sonnen, but it doesn't seem to work   Wanderlei Silva tries to "Chael Sonnen" Chael Sonnen, but it doesn't seem to work EmptyThu May 16, 2013 2:17 pm

hahaha
I love Chael and i do hope he doesnt retire. his trash talk is worth the price of admission.
and this is a fight that i actually want to see.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59442

PostSubject: Re: Wanderlei Silva tries to "Chael Sonnen" Chael Sonnen, but it doesn't seem to work   Wanderlei Silva tries to "Chael Sonnen" Chael Sonnen, but it doesn't seem to work EmptyThu May 16, 2013 2:29 pm

Chael loves the spotlight too much to retire. I don't think he's going anywhere for awhile.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12608

PostSubject: Re: Wanderlei Silva tries to "Chael Sonnen" Chael Sonnen, but it doesn't seem to work   Wanderlei Silva tries to "Chael Sonnen" Chael Sonnen, but it doesn't seem to work EmptyFri May 17, 2013 6:44 am

lol @ go to a bath and find yourself.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22848

PostSubject: Re: Wanderlei Silva tries to "Chael Sonnen" Chael Sonnen, but it doesn't seem to work   Wanderlei Silva tries to "Chael Sonnen" Chael Sonnen, but it doesn't seem to work EmptyFri May 17, 2013 9:57 am

lol thats good stuff there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wanderlei Silva tries to "Chael Sonnen" Chael Sonnen, but it doesn't seem to work   Wanderlei Silva tries to "Chael Sonnen" Chael Sonnen, but it doesn't seem to work Empty

Back to top Go down

Wanderlei Silva tries to "Chael Sonnen" Chael Sonnen, but it doesn't seem to work
Page 1 of 1