The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Chael Sonnen talks TUF coaching gig, Wanderlei Silva, Rashad Evans, and more. Vote_lcapChael Sonnen talks TUF coaching gig, Wanderlei Silva, Rashad Evans, and more. Voting_barChael Sonnen talks TUF coaching gig, Wanderlei Silva, Rashad Evans, and more. Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Chael Sonnen talks TUF coaching gig, Wanderlei Silva, Rashad Evans, and more. Vote_lcapChael Sonnen talks TUF coaching gig, Wanderlei Silva, Rashad Evans, and more. Voting_barChael Sonnen talks TUF coaching gig, Wanderlei Silva, Rashad Evans, and more. Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Chael Sonnen talks TUF coaching gig, Wanderlei Silva, Rashad Evans, and more.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59442

Chael Sonnen talks TUF coaching gig, Wanderlei Silva, Rashad Evans, and more. Empty
PostSubject: Chael Sonnen talks TUF coaching gig, Wanderlei Silva, Rashad Evans, and more.   Chael Sonnen talks TUF coaching gig, Wanderlei Silva, Rashad Evans, and more. EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 8:43 pm

Quote :
Fans across the country have rallied behind Chael Sonnen since he first burst into the media’s attention during the build-up to his first, highly anticipated title fight against Anderson Silva.  Since then, people have listened to Sonnen eagerly, and the fighter has talked his way into exceptional fame, two more title fights and a recurring broadcasting job for the UFC and FOX Sports.
This past weekend, Sonnen was in England for UFC Fight Night 30, where he helped corner Luke Barnatt to a victory over Andrew Craig.  During the lead-up to the fight, Sonnen obliged the UFC by talking with fans in a Q & A session before the event’s weigh-ins, and the light heavyweight fighter talked about everything from his next fight to ‘The Ultimate Fighter.’

Fighting For Title

“I really think [winning the title] is the only point to our sport.  When I started this, there was no money or fame; it was just about winning the championship.  It was just about intrinsic value and trying to chase your own goals.  For me, that is the world championship.
“As far as the weight, when I started we didn’t even have weight classes; it was everyone against everyone, so 185 or 205, that’s only 20 pounds, that’s basically the same for me.”

Vitor Belfort

“I’ve been trying to fight Vitor for a long time now.  I think Vitor is probably the second scariest guy in the UFC right now, right under Jon Jones, but I think he’s beatable.  I think I can beat him, and I don’t care either way, I’m going to punch him in the face repeatedly.
“I think Vitor has always been good, and I just got done training with Dan Henderson, and that last time I worked out with Dan Henderson is before the first time he fought Vitor.  He whipped Vitor.  He dominated him.  They went out, and they fought hard, but Dan dominated that fight.  Dan is better now than he was back then.  I don’t think Vitor is better now, I just think he has a different haircut.”

Fighting Rashad Evans at UFC 167

“I can beat Rashad, but he can beat me too.  When I look at him, the first thing I thought about the Rashad fight was, ‘Man, I can beat him, but I don’t know how.’  It’s just one of those matches where we’re just going to have to go out and do it.
“Dan Henderson just fought him.  Every time I have a fight I call Dan Henderson and ask him, ‘Can I beat this guy?’  Since I was 20 years old, it didn’t matter if I said I was taking on King Kong, Dan Henderson has said, ‘Yeah, you’re going to kick his ass.’  I asked him if I could beat Rashad, and he said, ‘Possibly,’ and he had just gotten out of the ring with him.”

Coaching “The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil”

“When I raised my hand to say I wanted to be a coach on ‘The Ultimate Fighter,’ that did not mean that I am going to go on and promote myself or promote a fight against that knucklehead Wanderlei, I’m going on to coach.  I’m going on to help these young men in whatever capacity I can.  I will bring in the best coaches.  We will be there on time, every day, and do the best we can to help their experience.  This is their show.  If it were my show I would have to have the courage to go get in the ring, but I don’t.  I have the courage to go stand by the guy and yell instructions at the guy that’s getting in the ring.  This is for them.
“Anderson Silva will be welcome.  Whether he is on my side or Wanderlei’s side, he needs to be present.  He is looked up to in that country.  This is for those young men that are scratching and clawing, and trying to break through in an industry that is very hard to do, and to give them their best experience.  I think that they look up to Anderson Silva.  I know that Anderson Silva has a lot of tools.  I trust that he is a good communicator, and he should be present, and he will be asked by my side.”
http://www.bjpenn.com/highlights-from-chael-sonnens-fan-qa-talks-title-belfort-evans-tuf-coaching-gig-and-more/

Click the link to read his take on the Cain vs. JDS fight and Yushin Okami's release from the UFC.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7957

Chael Sonnen talks TUF coaching gig, Wanderlei Silva, Rashad Evans, and more. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen talks TUF coaching gig, Wanderlei Silva, Rashad Evans, and more.   Chael Sonnen talks TUF coaching gig, Wanderlei Silva, Rashad Evans, and more. EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 12:09 am

i really like him, at least from his on air persona. he is very funny, witty and honest about himself. too bad he is not going to win the championship either, just like okami, but his wrestling and grappling is beautiful to watch. his big mouth is his ticket to employment with ufc right now, or he'd be on the same bus with fitch and okami.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59442

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen talks TUF coaching gig, Wanderlei Silva, Rashad Evans, and more.   Chael Sonnen talks TUF coaching gig, Wanderlei Silva, Rashad Evans, and more. EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 3:51 pm

Yeah there were some things that actually made me laugh. The thing about calling Dan Henderson and asking him if he can beat Rashad was pretty funny.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen talks TUF coaching gig, Wanderlei Silva, Rashad Evans, and more.   Chael Sonnen talks TUF coaching gig, Wanderlei Silva, Rashad Evans, and more. Empty

Back to top Go down

Chael Sonnen talks TUF coaching gig, Wanderlei Silva, Rashad Evans, and more.
Page 1 of 1