The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
The Walking Dead - Page 18 Vote_lcapThe Walking Dead - Page 18 Voting_barThe Walking Dead - Page 18 Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
The Walking Dead - Page 18 Vote_lcapThe Walking Dead - Page 18 Voting_barThe Walking Dead - Page 18 Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

The Walking Dead

Go down 
+5
Triggerman99
Chrom
Gecko
FistK
samger2
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59431

The Walking Dead - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 9:43 pm

Well now I'm also beginning to wonder about Morgan's fate, because we just got a heavy does of backstory/insight about him, and we all know what that usually means......

Sad
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12597

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 1:59 pm

lol...yeah i was thinking the same thing.

but, man it does seem a bit crazy to waste a 90 minute episode on someone you are about to kill so maybe not...
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 5:52 pm

He might not be killed right away. He'll probably make it to the mid-season finale.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 10:55 am

Triggerman99 wrote:

Yeah there were just so many signs and obviously inconclusive details pointing to the fact that he actually didn't get eaten.
Yes, I think the guts and stuff were Nicholas, not Glen. After he shot himself he could have easily just fallen over the side, and then Glen could've just been overtaken and dragged down into the mob of walkers and then eaten, making his death obvious. But the fact that the scene played out with Nicholas falling on top of Glen leaves the door open to the possibility of the walkers eating Nicholas and not realizing that Glen is underneath him. I think that's far-fetched, but I think that's what we're gonna see has happened.
And the angle that they showed when Glen was supposedly being eaten was blatantly misleading. Every time a person (main character or otherwise) is being devoured or even bitten by walkers the scene is very gratuitous and obvious about the walkers biting into them. In this scene, at no point do you actually see Glen being bitten into. You see guts, you see blood. You see Glen. But you don't see any clear view that it's Glen's blood and guts. In fact, if you really pay attention to the scene, the guts aren't even in the right place to be Glen's. It's just suggested that that's what's happening, and "suggestion" of someone being bitten or eaten isn't something that is done on this show. lol

On top of that, on "Talking Dead", they always do an "in memoriam" thing where they pay tribute to all the walkers and characters that died in that episode, and they mysteriously excluded Glen in this one and just tributed Nicholas and the other Alexandrians who died during this mission. You'd think with such a main character that this wouldn't be the case. Also, they were just being very weirdly indirect and vague when talking about Glen supposedly dying.

I'll bet that he ends up rolling under the dumpster he and Nicholas were standing on and pops out after the walkers are drawn away by something, much to the surprise of the viewers

(but not to me!  Wink )

Cool
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16376

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 12:52 pm

yup trigg...we knew better!
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 2:35 pm

lol

You should've seen my wife's face. Her and her work friends were utterly and completely convinced he was dead. No doubt about it. And I told her right off the bat at the end of the episode that he was still alive, and she basically said I was being ridiculous.

So fast forward to last night and I'm gloating my ass off and laughing at her and she's just sitting there like

The Walking Dead - Page 18 High-f10
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 2:36 pm

We and 98% of the population nailed this one lol
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 2:37 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:
lol

You should've seen my wife's face. Her and her work friends were utterly and completely convinced he was dead. No doubt about it. And I told her right off the bat at the end of the episode that he was still alive, and she basically said I was being ridiculous.

So fast forward to last night and I'm gloating my ass off and laughing at her and she's just sitting there like

The Walking Dead - Page 18 High-f10

LOL!!!!! Holy shit this almost made me piss myself lol
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 3:43 pm

I was talking to my brother today....hes 2 episodes behind and he thinks glen is gone dead and done........I gave him all my theories as to why I didn't think so (stuff from before last nights ep) and he still thinks glens dead....
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 5:30 pm

Yeah anybody who knows anything about the show should have seen red flags all over the goddamn place during that scene. Like I said before, if you don't actually see someone die on this show, then they're still alive.
It's the "Merle Rule". Most people presumed him dead after the group left him chained to the roof and then came back to find only his severed hand way back in season 1. Then lo and behold he shows up again 2 seasons later. That was almost a blueprint of sorts to see through the same tactic they used with Glen's supposed death. Same thing with Carol at the prison when the group was talking about her as though she was gone but we never actually saw her get killed.

I doubt the writers will test the Merle Rule again for quite some time though, because even though it was well disguised this time with Glen, a lot of people caught on, and it sort of spoiled the surprise.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 3:10 pm

Soooooooo??

It was a pretty good mid-season finale, IMO. They definitely left several solid cliffhangers to open up with for the 2nd half of the season.
Also, this looks like it's going along pretty close to how things have played out in the comics. Jessie's scaredy-cat son calling for his mom while they're trying to blend in with the walkers is a pretty ominous sign of what's to come for anyone who has read the comics. And I've heard that the actor has already been cast for Jesus, and the preview for the 2nd half of the season tells us that Negan is on the way.
That one Wolf guy is gonna be a problem. We clearly haven't seen the last of him, but I think that's an understatement and he's going to be big trouble for a long time to come.

Also, when Tara was talking to Rosita when they were holed up with Eugene and Rosita said she feels like Abraham is dead, Tara says to her something like "Well we didn't see it happen, so I don't think so." Did anyone else see that as a nod to the whole idea we've been talking about that nobody is ever dead on this show unless you actually see them die (Glen, Carol, Merle, etc.)? Maybe not, but I just thought that was a funny way to word that in that conversation.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 9:51 pm

Awesome episode!!!

We really needed a big, bad slaughterhouse of an episode, and boy did we get one!!
I jumped up and celebrated no less than 3 times watching this. The blowing up of the bikers and Abraham's subsequent vintage Abraham one liner, the Alexandrias getting fed up with hiding and all sacking up and banding together to wipe out an army of walkers, Glen once again coming back from the brink of death.
This whole episode was just one big "Fuck yeah!!" after another.

I really hope Samger is still watching the show, because this is the kind of episode he's been thirsting for!
cheers
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 1:55 am

loved it too.......but I have 2 questions....

1. how many bullets did glen have in his pistol there? seemed like he shot a lot with no reloading

2. the kid who was eaten...what happened with his little episode at the end of the mid season finale?....I don't remember if they shut him up or not (guess it didn't matter if they did or not in the long run)
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 11:16 am

Yeah they kind of glossed over the kid freaking out the first time. I guess he just pulled it together.
I think it was just the writers trolling us. We were supposed to think he was gonna freak out and blow their cover. Then when he calmed down and they made it to a little safe zone and it looked like he had his shit together and we all collectively went "Phew!!", then right when things looked under control he loses it.

As far as Glen's bullet count, meh, he didn't have as many rounds as Herschel did in his shotgun at the farm battle. Lol
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 1:11 pm

yeah I wish (even though its total fiction) they would keep it a little more real with things like that....it doesn't really bother me or make me like the show any less but I do notice things like that.....wouldn't have been hard to either show him reload real fast or have abe save the day a bit sooner with an out of ammo glen or show him pull a secon loaded gun out.....anywho.....great episode one of the best ones yet!
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 2:21 pm

Kind of a slow episode this week, but I like the way things are being set up. It's obvious that shit is about to hit the fan in a big way.
It's also obvious that either Abraham, Rosita, or Sasha's days are numbered, because this little love triangle has to end one way or another. I personally hope its Sasha, but I'm afraid it's gonna be Abraham.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 8:43 am

Man this season has been pretty fucking awesome imo. Only problem is that almost everything has worked out for them and with only 2 episodes left I think we are in for a lot of pain in misery coming up...
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 11:16 am

Yeah you don't get to kill as many people as they have killed lately and get away with it. They're due to lose a battle in a big way here pretty soon, especially given that The Saviors clearly know where they live and Rick's group clearly doesn't know how many Saviors there are or really even where they are. They thought they wiped them out in that abandoned factory, but then that redhead girl was calling for reinforcements, then we just saw this offshoot that attacked Darryl and Rosita and everyone else, so who really knows how big this group actually is?
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 1:41 pm

So did Carol bail from the group?
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 4:03 pm

Sounds like it. Previews from next week's episode have Darryl going solo out after her and others trying to find him.
This is clearly a set up for something bigger, because her story of feeling lost and vulnerable all of the sudden kind of came out of nowhere. Her leaving is going to cause something else to happen that's gonna have a huge impact IMO.
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 4:30 pm

I agree that were being set up for shit to go down....pretty obvious that they are splitting up their numbers and are vulnerable for the moment
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 11:12 am

One other thing:
I was having a hard time buying the fact that 'D' (was his real name Dwayne??) made such a huge transformation in such a short period of time. The last time we saw him (when Daryl encountered him and the two women in the burned forest when they were apparently on the run from someone) he was a sort of straight edge, reluctantly opportunistic good guy, and it was just a short time ago on the show. And now he's got a half burned face, arm tats, and a tough guy attitude. Just seemed like a pretty quick turnaround to me.
Then I remembered hearing somewhere that after the episode when the walkers got into Alexandria and Carl got his eye shot out that the following episode was taking place 3 months later (which explains why Carl was suddenly just living a normal life and not in bed recovering from a gunshot wound that tore a chunk of his head off) so I guess the time line is a little more believable than I initially thought.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 7:36 am

Yeah I think they said it was actually 4 months since they lost saw D

Last edited by FistK on Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spoiler)
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 12:04 pm

Yeah I didn't want to spoil anything about the face. Lol
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 11:12 pm

so....uh....did that just happen?

I read a few months back that this was going to be norman reedus last season....I think Daryl is dead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Walking Dead
Page 18 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next