The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
The Walking Dead - Page 17 Vote_lcapThe Walking Dead - Page 17 Voting_barThe Walking Dead - Page 17 Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
The Walking Dead - Page 17 Vote_lcapThe Walking Dead - Page 17 Voting_barThe Walking Dead - Page 17 Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

The Walking Dead

Go down 
+5
Triggerman99
Chrom
Gecko
FistK
samger2
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16390

The Walking Dead - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 17 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 12:42 pm

what the hell are they doing this season.....1st with all the black and white nonsense from last episode and now this episode with the pulp fiction esque direction with the girl showing up(who the fuck is she anyhow and whats her importance to be brought in for a quarter of an episode) and damn morgan why did you make me think youre an idiot by letting those folks go...now they will go report back to negan or whoever is the leader of the Wolves and come back better prepared....all because morgan wouldn't kill or capture them.......crazy how in 2 episodes the show can start losing me.....they better bring it all together next episode or im going to be convinced the writers have lost their touch.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59445

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 17 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 3:55 pm

Yeah I'm usually pretty optimistic with this show and figure they're gonna reel me back after a slow episode or something, but so far this season is just.......strange.

It's feels like it's going backwards and just repeating itself. Both episodes so far have been trying to simultaneously show what's happening in the present and what happened in the past. Like if you wanna show what happened in the past, just fucking start there and move forward for christ's sake!!! Enough with the jumping around shit!

Then I got excited when the Wolves showed up and we were finally seeing another human threat to the group, but since they had no guns (which in and of itself is pretty fucking stupid; the Alexandrians have such an abundance that they actually have a crate full of so many pistols that Carol was able to take a few without anyone noticing, but the Wolves- in all of their time killing travelers- haven't even acquired one??? Mmm kay....), the skeleton crew that was still in town- which basically consisted of Carol, Morgan, and Carl- were able to easily beat the entire group back. So WTF was the point in the Wolves even showing up??

I don't know, things just seem misplaced so far this season. I hope it smooths out soon.
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 17 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 6:40 pm

it seems like a whole new group of writers and directors took over this season.....I don't think that's the case but it is just strange.....

and so if this story line stays true, isn't there a giant hord of walkers headed to Alexandria due to the truck horn....isn't that how ep 1 ended?
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 17 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 8:35 pm

norcalmatt wrote:
and so if this story line stays true, isn't there a giant hord of walkers headed to Alexandria due to the truck horn....isn't that how ep 1 ended?

I would think so.
Which brings up another thing that bothered me.
How did Morgan arrive at Alexandria so long before anyone else that was out on the walker cattle drive? He was right there with all of them, but somehow he's back at Alexandria long before anybody else on the crew and fighting alongside the ones who stayed in town.
I could understand if he maybe got there a few minutes before anyone else, but he's literally there right after the horn starts blaring and then proceeds to have a brief conversation with one guy, then meet up with Carol, then pretend to be her prisoner, then tie one guy up while talking to Father Gabriel, then fight off 5 more Wolves, then go into a house and get into another fight with one, all before anybody else on the road crew has made it back.
scratch
In fact, depending on how the timelines overlap, it's conceivable that he was there almost an hour before anybody else got there. Carol sets the timer on the oven for 55 minutes right as the attack starts (she immediately sees one of the Wolves kill the woman outside right after she sets the timer). Then Carl is in the house when the timer goes off and he removes the caserole from the over right after everything calmed down.

So somehow Morgan managed to beat everyone else back to Alexandria by at least an hour.
I don't Know
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 17 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 11:00 pm

and if they heard the horn from where they were at then they have to be way less than an hour away...and what were they trying to do with that big horde anyhow?
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 17 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 1:33 am

Well they were trying to lead the horde away from town and it got fucked up by the horn. I get that.
But yeah; if they were close enough to hear it, why was Morgan the only one who got there early enough to fight off the Wolves?
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12611

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 17 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 10:18 am

Hmmm, I actually loved the second episode.  I liked them both, but I can totally get if people were not into the black and white flipping back and forth in the first one.
But to me the second episode was pretty fucking badass.

I thought when Carol was looking out the window at the woman smoking and the dude ran up and hacked her it was so out of nowhere and such a surprise it was pretty epic.  One of my favorite scenes ever.  And then when Morgan was tying that guy up and he started speaking and Carol just walked up and shot him in the head I was like "fuck yeah!"  lol.

I agree that Morgan being to moralistic is getting annoying, but I have a feeling they are really setting that up to be a major part in the show and are doing it intentionally.  The wolves that he let live in the woods just attacked Alexandria and killed a bunch of people and now he let some go again and the dude took a gun.  You just know that will come back to haunt them and that guy with the gun will kill someone important like abraham or something and it will turn Morgan into a killing machine lol.

As for the wolves not having guns I just assumed that would be explained at a later time. Probably some weird cultish reason who knows. My guess is that the other communities they attacked were push overs like Noah's and this was their first experience with resistance.

I dont think (and again its just my guess) Morgan got back before the rest of them, I just think they sent him back to see wtf was going on with the horn while they tried to get the horde back on track.  It looked to me like in next week's episode they were leading the horde away again, so I assume once Morgan got back and turned the horn off they were able to set off some flares or make a noise or something to get the horde heading back in the right direction.  I just think Morgan went back and the rest stayed to handle what they set out to do it.  I dont think he just is that much faster of a runner than the rest of them lol.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 17 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 11:28 am

Yeah I considered that maybe Morgan was the only one who went back, but at the end of episode one they were clearly all running together toward the sound, so I don't know. I guess I'll just chalk it up to a grey area and eave it at that so I don't get annoyed by it. Lol

I didn't hate the episode as a whole, it was just, like I said, strange.
There were some awesome parts like you said, but other parts just felt confusing.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 17 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 2:39 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:
Yeah I considered that maybe Morgan was the only one who went back, but at the end of episode one they were clearly all running together toward the sound, so I don't know. I guess I'll just chalk it up to a grey area and eave it at that so I don't get annoyed by it. Lol

I didn't hate the episode as a whole, it was just, like I said, strange.
There were some awesome parts like you said, but other parts just felt confusing.

Haha, yeah the coming attractions next week show them back to leading the horde away, so I guess they must have split off. I assume it will be explained ooor just remain grey who knows? lol.

Yeah as far as it being confusing you may be right. I only watched it last night, because im a big met fan and the game was on Sunday so I am still kind of digesting the sheer intensity of it. There was probably more confusing parts than I am even remembering. I just remember being on the edge of my seat while everyone was sneaking around and hiding in closets and stuff lol.

I may watch it again.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 17 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 5:33 pm

Well don't watch it again just to see if I'm right! I won't take any joy in you getting annoyed by it as much as I was! I'm not sadistic like that! lol!!

But I hope and assume we haven't seen the last of the Wolves. They're kind of interesting, so I'd like to see them again. When we first saw the two guys last season in their encounter with Morgan and then again at their walker storage facility they came off as very calculated and intelligent. But when the group of them showed up to attack Alexandria they were basically feral humans who just mindlessly kill and maim without discretion. I'm curious to see what they're actually really all about. To my knowledge they're not in the comics, so there's no mold for who or what they should be like.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 17 EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 9:33 pm

So am I the only one who thinks it's reeeeeeeally obvious that Glen is not dead?
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 17 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 3:39 pm

so are you saying that all the blood and guts we see getting eaten are dude who shot himself.....I can see that being the case.....I don't think glen dies alone....meaning his death wont be a mystery to the rest of the group.....but who knows...
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15325

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 17 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 4:12 pm

The problem here is that the books and the TV show have taken there own liberties. I will say Glen does die in the books (not the way he did on the show) But i believe he is really dead they just found a different avenue to make it happen. Like Lori and others.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 17 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 4:13 pm

norcalmatt wrote:
so are you saying that all the blood and guts we see getting eaten are dude who shot himself.....I can see that being the case.....I don't think glen dies alone....meaning his death wont be a mystery to the rest of the group.....but who knows...

Yeah there were just so many signs and obviously inconclusive details pointing to the fact that he actually didn't get eaten.
Yes, I think the guts and stuff were Nicholas, not Glen. After he shot himself he could have easily just fallen over the side, and then Glen could've just been overtaken and dragged down into the mob of walkers and then eaten, making his death obvious. But the fact that the scene played out with Nicholas falling on top of Glen leaves the door open to the possibility of the walkers eating Nicholas and not realizing that Glen is underneath him. I think that's far-fetched, but I think that's what we're gonna see has happened.
And the angle that they showed when Glen was supposedly being eaten was blatantly misleading. Every time a person (main character or otherwise) is being devoured or even bitten by walkers the scene is very gratuitous and obvious about the walkers biting into them. In this scene, at no point do you actually see Glen being bitten into. You see guts, you see blood. You see Glen. But you don't see any clear view that it's Glen's blood and guts. In fact, if you really pay attention to the scene, the guts aren't even in the right place to be Glen's. It's just suggested that that's what's happening, and "suggestion" of someone being bitten or eaten isn't something that is done on this show. lol

On top of that, on "Talking Dead", they always do an "in memoriam" thing where they pay tribute to all the walkers and characters that died in that episode, and they mysteriously excluded Glen in this one and just tributed Nicholas and the other Alexandrians who died during this mission. You'd think with such a main character that this wouldn't be the case. Also, they were just being very weirdly indirect and vague when talking about Glen supposedly dying.

I'll bet that he ends up rolling under the dumpster he and Nicholas were standing on and pops out after the walkers are drawn away by something, much to the surprise of the viewers

(but not to me!  Wink )
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15325

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 17 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 4:17 pm

To be honest i hope he is dead too. Don't get me wrong i loved Glens character but given the situation he was in. I mean the man was surrounded by like 800 walkers and every angle. There is no way he makes it out of that with at least a scrap or a single bite and that's all it would take. To have him escape with out a scratch would only harm any realism for the show. It would be like being in a building that exploded and you come out with only your hair messed up. I wouldn't buy it for a second.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 17 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 8:55 pm

I think you're gonna be dissapointed.
Like I said, it's very far fetched, because with that many walkers chomping down, even if they didn't realize he was under Nicholas, he's still gonna catch a stray bite or two.
But given how meticulously it seems that the writers went about being delicately vague with the stuff I mentioned above, it seems like we're gonna get the "surprise" that he managed to escape somehow, likely by rolling under the dumpster at some point and waiting it out until the walkers either disperse or something comes along to distract them.

I agree that it would be stupid, but I think that's how it's gonna go. There were just too many loose ends for me to believe that they don't have a plan for him surviving this.
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 17 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 8:07 pm

I may have to go back and watch the glen scene again.....I thought I noticed going in that the dumpster sat flush on the ground and I was also thinking to myself that the dumpster looked small like a household trash bin that you see in suburbs as they were approaching it but then it looked bigger when they were standing on it
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 17 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 8:33 pm

Yeah i tried to find a clip on Youtube but nothing shows the bottom of the dumpster. Maybe it was never shown on the show for a reason.

Wink
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 17 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 11:15 pm

I think they show it as they roll up on it....probably right before a commercial break
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 17 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 11:19 pm

ok...I just watched that part......they do show it.....and there is a nice little spot where glen could presumably fit
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 17 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 1:34 am

16781466/418]The Walking Dead - Page 17 58086211[/url]
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 17 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 12:25 pm

I definitely think Glenn is alive. The guts and intestines they were pulling out of "him" were coming from the shoulder region. I think they intentionally made it look weird to leave doubt. Seems like this would be a good spot for Jesus to show up heroically and save Glenn thus introducing his character (which would probably also be bad news for Morgan).

Still a pretty damn intense episode. The Rick scene in the RV was great too.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 17 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 2:29 pm

Why would that be bad for Morgan? Jesus isn't black......at least he didn't look black to me.

scratch
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 17 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 2:31 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:
Why would that be bad for Morgan? Jesus isn't black......at least he didn't look black to me.

scratch

Totally my opinion and assumption, but I dont think the show really needs two stick wielding ninjas. I mean it would be nice to have, but probably a bit of overkill lol.

Like I said just guessing, who knows...
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 17 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 4:22 pm

Yeah it's hard to figure out Morgan's fate because his character was so much different in the comics. He was basically a total bitch-ass in the comics and walked around like a whiney woman. Lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Walking Dead
Page 17 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next