The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
The Walking Dead - Page 11 Vote_lcapThe Walking Dead - Page 11 Voting_barThe Walking Dead - Page 11 Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
The Walking Dead - Page 11 Vote_lcapThe Walking Dead - Page 11 Voting_barThe Walking Dead - Page 11 Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

The Walking Dead

Go down 
+5
Triggerman99
Chrom
Gecko
FistK
samger2
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12598

The Walking Dead - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 12:04 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:
^^^
LOL! Yeah Sam, that kind of is a double standard, isn't it?

Fistk, I guess I'm just missing the logic on this one. So the censors have no problem with her swilling illegal moonshine that's probably between 170 and 190 proof, but they get a little touchy about her acting buzzed from it?
Or what about last season? They had no issue with Axel- a dirty, middle aged convict- trying to mack on her and get in her pants? That was OK?
I think these censors need to check their priorities. One of them probably has a personal issue against alcohol or something and is just pushing his personal opinions onto the show's production.

Yeah I agree man, seemed retarded to me too! Who knows maybe it was bullshit...
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 12:11 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:
Wow, I'm actually shocked. I literally said to myself after watching last night's episode "Sam is gonna hate this one". lol

But yeah, I thought it was pretty good. That girl was clearly fucked, but I certainly didn't see that coming!
It looks like things are starting to come together and loose ends are being tied up, which usually means something big is about to happen. With only two episodes left, I'm guessing next week's episode is going to be insane.

Lol! I actually thought the same exact thing. I thought Sam would of hated it as well.

Man, what a fucking emotionally draining episode. Anytime a show can make me feel like that I appreciate it. I was seriously sad after watching that. It was VERY Of mice and Men (which was terribly sad to me too).

The saddest part to me for some reason was Carol walking her down to the grove and Lizzy crying and apologizing to her for pointing the gun at her, not for killing Mika. She just didnt get it...

Trigg, I was also going to say the exact same thing, but you did. When the show ended last night I turned to my wife and said "they are tying up all the loose ends. Something big is coming."
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10293

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 12:14 pm

That's what I mean Trigger...."I didn't see that coming"

That's what I like, something more than boring character development, something that keeps me watching...THAT keeps me watching.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59432

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 1:52 pm

OK, prediction time!
Judging from what I saw so far on the show and the little snipets I picked up from next week's preview, I'm thinking:

-Darly's stint with the bandits isn't going to last long. He's gonna question or outright refuse Joe the Bandit's orders, and they're gonna beat him half to death. Someone's going to have to rescue him from them, and the only group with enough firepower I can think of is Rick/Karl/Michonne, but they're on their way to Terminus, so they might be out of the area. Come to think of it, unless I'm mistaken, ALL of the groups except for Darly and Beth were on their way to Terminus, right? So there shouldn't be anybody left as far back on the route as Darly at this point. Was Glen's group still going to Terminus, or headed back to try and find Maggie? I can't remember. Either way, Glen saw Maggie's message on the sign, so he's definitely headed to Terminus now if he wasn't before. So maybe we're gonna meet someone new who steps in and saves Daryl?

-That scientist dude has no knowledge of a cure whatsoever. Either he's lying for some reason, or all 3 members of that new group are lying to Glen and Tara.

-At least two of the groups are going to meet up at some point in the next episode. Judging by the timeline and travel route, I would bet on Rick/Karl/Michonne meeting up with Maggie/Sasha/Bob.

-I don't even have a prediction for Beth. Fuck, a psycho mortician in a hearse who's been embalming walker's for the hell of it kidnaps her and takes her god-knows-where? Yeah, I got nothing on that one. lol
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 9:42 am

I agree with the emotionally draining part Fist...even though it wasn't full of intense action, the episide kept me drawn in with intensity in another way.

Ok...here's Sam coming out, the only thing that drove me absolutely crazy was the fact that these two tiny girls under 10 years old were shooting 9mm guns at ease with NO recoil and able to blast moving zombies in the head.

I'm 38 years old and couldn't squeeze off a round without recoil with my Sam/Hulk strength.

My wife got irritated with me bringing that up haha
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 6:32 am

Triggerman99 wrote:
OK, prediction time!
Judging from what I saw so far on the show and the little snipets I picked up from next week's preview, I'm thinking:

-Darly's stint with the bandits isn't going to last long. He's gonna question or outright refuse Joe the Bandit's orders, and they're gonna beat him half to death. Someone's going to have to rescue him from them, and the only group with enough firepower I can think of is Rick/Karl/Michonne, but they're on their way to Terminus, so they might be out of the area. Come to think of it, unless I'm mistaken, ALL of the groups except for Darly and Beth were on their way to Terminus, right? So there shouldn't be anybody left as far back on the route as Darly at this point. Was Glen's group still going to Terminus, or headed back to try and find Maggie? I can't remember. Either way, Glen saw Maggie's message on the sign, so he's definitely headed to Terminus now if he wasn't before. So maybe we're gonna meet someone new who steps in and saves Daryl?

-That scientist dude has no knowledge of a cure whatsoever. Either he's lying for some reason, or all 3 members of that new group are lying to Glen and Tara.

-At least two of the groups are going to meet up at some point in the next episode. Judging by the timeline and travel route, I would bet on Rick/Karl/Michonne meeting up with Maggie/Sasha/Bob.

-I don't even have a prediction for Beth. Fuck, a psycho mortician in a hearse who's been embalming walker's for the hell of it kidnaps her and takes her god-knows-where? Yeah, I got nothing on that one. lol

**Whistle whistle whistle** Can't comment on some of this Sad
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 6:34 am

samger2 wrote:
I agree with the emotionally draining part Fist...even though it wasn't full of intense action, the episide kept me drawn in with intensity in another way.

Ok...here's Sam coming out, the only thing that drove me absolutely crazy was the fact that these two tiny girls under 10 years old were shooting 9mm guns at ease with NO recoil and able to blast moving zombies in the head.

I'm 38 years old and couldn't squeeze off a round without recoil with my Sam/Hulk strength.

My wife got irritated with me bringing that up haha

I like how Sam can watch a show about zombie's taking over the world with no issue at all, but then gets bothered by the lack of realism in the 9mm recoil, haha!

You da man Sam!
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 9:41 am

You sound EXACTLY like my wife FistK.................
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 9:42 am

And by the way, I find it much more possible that zombies will actually take over the earth than us ever seeing a 7 year old girl being able to shoot a 9mm with no recoil and achieve perfect aim on a moving zombie target.......
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 12:32 pm

FistK wrote:

Triggerman99 wrote:
OK, prediction time!

**Whistle whistle whistle**  Can't comment on some of this Sad

Lol!
That means I'm either spot on or waaaaay off. I won't press you on this one. I can wait 2 days for some answers.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 7:59 am

I'm not going to say a whole lot about last nights episode...because I've always been taught if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.

I'll make one comment. The acting was HORRIBLE
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 2:42 pm

It's looking like my earlier prediction of Darly and the bandits coming into contact with Rick/Karl/Michonne is going to end up coming true. The priorities of those bandits are really fucked. So they go into a house to lay up, Rick's in there, he kills one of them in an attempt to escape then leaves without further incident to go about whatever business he has, and these crazy-ass bandits are spending their time and energy in the zombie apocalypse to track him down just so they can exact revenge?! Goddamn. Sick bastards for sure!  
One other little incident I noticed about Daryl that I'm wondering if anyone else saw. When the bandits are leaving after they beat what's-his-name to death and then put an arrow in his head and chucked him outside, Daryl looks down at him and grabs a blanket to cover him up, then just kind of says fuck it and throws the blanket aside and walks away. I stated a few weeks ago that I'm wondering how deep into this new lifestyle that Daryl is going to go before he comes around to being "Nice Daryl" again. It looks like we're seeing the change already. "Nice Daryl" would have covered the guy up.

I'm kind of confused by Abraham's group. Not so much by them as characters, but by the writers' use of them. Are they really going to try to have this group go off on it's own to Washington? Because I don't think the audience gives enough of a shit about them to really care what they do if they aren't interacting with the core characters.

And what the hell is Terminus really? I don't think it's this sactuary it's made out to be, nor do I think it's another Woodbury with a crazy person in charge. That would be too stale of a storyline at this point. There's going to be something really fishy about it that we're going to find out at the very end of the season finale, I guarantee it. I'm sure FistK knows already. lol
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 4:58 pm

One of my facebook friends made some strange comment saying she thinks Terminus is full of cannibals......
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 5:25 pm

That's weird, because I had a split-second thought of the same thing right when the episode ended. Just real quickly I thought to myself "The place is probably full of cannibals or something" and then just dismissed it. But now I'm wondering if that was like a sixth sense situation or something. LOL
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 12:19 pm

So having said that I guess I am pretty interested to see the season finale and get an idea of what Terminus really is
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 1:58 pm

FistK, you mentioned a while back that in the comics there was a place similar to how Terminus in being portrayed, but you don't think it's the same place because the timeline doesn't match up. Well how do you feel about that now? Has there been any new signs on the show that indicate that this is in fact the place from the comics? I just read somewhere else that Terminus is an plotline exclusive to the show and was not in the comics, but I couldn't tell if that was just opinion or real insider info.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 6:17 am

Triggerman99 wrote:
FistK, you mentioned a while back that in the comics there was a place similar to how Terminus in being portrayed, but you don't think it's the same place because the timeline doesn't match up. Well how do you feel about that now? Has there been any new signs on the show that indicate that this is in fact the place from the comics? I just read somewhere else that Terminus is an plotline exclusive to the show and was not in the comics, but I couldn't tell if that was just opinion or real insider info.

Yeah it doesn't matchup at all. But, what I said was there was a place in the comic book called salvation, but the timing was all wrong.

Just to give you guys an idea of the timeline. The book is currently up to issue 123. When the prison gets over taken by walkers and they kill the governor that is issue 48. Twelve issues come out a year so currently the show is about six years behind the book. Don't get me wrong the show is barely following the book so it doesn't really matter, but...The place where the villain currently lives in the book is called salvation so I really doubt they skipped six years worth of the book, because they would pretty much be caught up now. It's just very strange they called Terminus salvation i dont get it.

Now as I said there is no such place as Terminus in the book, but I have a definite theory on what is going on at Terminus and I will fill you guys in if you want, because it is just theory and you guys are already on the right track (if I am correct), but I won't say anything if you dont want me to. Like I said it would purely be a guess.

And Trigg yes one of you theories was correct above, but I won't say which one lol. I don't think you are going to find out which one it is this season though.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 3:51 pm

lol...Yeah, well given that Darryl isn't even in the comics, and one of my other educated guesses that I posted is more or less up to writers of the show than what the comics say (which of the groups will/did end up meeting up with each other), I can use process of elimination to figure out which theory in true. And I'm not too suprised that it's true, either. It seemed very transparent to me as soon as that plotline was introduced.

But as far as the timeline thing, I fear that maybe the show jumped ahead to catch up with the comics because the producers are already planning to end the show over the next season or two, and therefore need to skip ahead of some possibly redundant stuff from the comics. I hope I'm wrong about that, though. I don't want the show to end for at least a few more years.

And I did a little research (which I typically avoid doing because I don't want to "spoiler" myself) on what we could expect from Terminus. Thankfully the site I went to purposely didn't give too much away, but it did touch into one idea that I dug a little deeper on.
Without giving too much away and spoiling it for Sam or anybody else, I'll just ask you for a "yes" or "no" answer:

Do you think we're about to meet The Hunters?
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 5:07 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:

Do you think we're about to meet The Hunters?

That's exactly who I think they are. Now keep in mind in the book the hunters were just a group of like 6 or 7 people that were camped up and hiding in the woods, so this whole Terminus city thing and using signs to lure people in is an entirely new angle, so it might not be them, but after seeing the final scene from last week im convinced its them.

I am also going to post something below which I have a feeling is going to happen. I will hide it with a spoiler in case im right and it could ruin it for you guys, but keep in mind it DID NOT happen in the book so its just me guessing now like you did above.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 5:41 pm

Oh fuck!!! That would be crazy! That would explain why "that" storyline has been left so open-ended for so long.  Because I've been focusing so much on what Terminus is, I haven't even allowed myself to think that far out of the box with that situation. And bonus: Now I know what the "spoiler" function is for on the task bar! lol

Still, from what I've heard, that would be quite a ways to jump ahead, even if they aren't following along with the exact storyline of the comics. Maybe after Terminus, they will eventually get to this Salvation place you are talking about, and it might even out the timelines a bit.

I think it's decided; I'm reading the comic series. I'll actually be starting "Rise of the Governor" and "Road to Woodbury" this week, so I think naturally I will start the series after that. These little glimpses I keep taking into the comic series are making me feel like I'm missing out on something. LOL
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 2:13 pm

Wow.......fuck.

The showdown between the Bandits and Rick's group went almost exactly as I expected..........almost. I'd be lying if I said I expected Rick to rip a guy's throat out with his teeth. I guess maybe I didn't see that coming. lol
I like Psycho Rick a lot. He's so much more fun when he's losing his mind and just brutalizing everybody. Even after his group had the upper hand and the fat guy was trying to give up, Rick decided to take all of his own craziness out on the guy and just start slowly gutting him like a fish. That was awesome. These Bandits were so depraved that I was actually outright happy that they died in such horrible fashion.

And even though it wasn't displayed one way or the other, I do think we're dealing with cannibals at Terminus. I don't know if anybody else caught this, but when the shit hit the fan and Rick's group was running through Terminus, there was a quick shot of what looked like human bodies lying on the ground that looked like they had been skinned and gutted.
I noticed right away that some of the Terminus members were wearing the gear of Glen's group. I saw Glen's armor and Maggie's poncho and was like "Oh fuck! Ruuuuuun!!" lol!

And Sam, tell me if I'm wrong on this, because this is the first thing I thought of when they were running around Terminus getting shot at; Were you getting pissed off when the rooftop shooters weren't even coming close to hitting Rick's group with their shots even though they were only like 20 feet from them? I was just saying to myself "Thank God Michonne said something about them intentionally missing and trying to herd them instead of kill them, because Sam is probably losing his shit over this one!" LOL! 

Overall, I'm really looking forward to next season. As corny as Rick's little "They don't know who they're messing with" send off line was, it did get me a little excited to see what new-and-improved- Psycho Rick is capable of.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 9:27 pm

hahahaha...YES!! I was completely thinking that about all those shots that were missing, and yes I too was happy when Michone said something about them intentionally not trying to hit them.

I think I like your entire post actually. I too REALLY like crazed Rick...he's so much more entertaining than calm, keep the peace Rick. And despite the corny line at the end, it did really make me look forward to at the very least the first episode of next season.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 6:56 am

It was pretty funny. The showdown with the claimers was practically an exact cutout of the book. Rick bit the dudes throat out in the book as well lol.

I did like psycho rick as well. Fat boy was about to rape Carl, so he definitely had a gutting coming to him.

And yeah Terminus is definitely the hunters/cannibals. It's all pointing towards that now. The human skulls/ bones laying on the ground. The fact that they didnt want to kill Rick's group so they could eat them later. The location of Terminus where all of the tracks meet to hopefully horde more people. The woman on the radio constantly trying to get more people to come.

Looks like Carol and Tyrese are going to play a pivotal role next season, since they are not capture yet. Hopefully Ricks bag of weapons buried outside comes into play for the good guys.

Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 2:54 pm

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about the buried weapons thing.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 2:59 pm

Yeah the buried bag of guns is significant. Right when he did it is when I lost all hope that Terminus just might turn out to be OK. There's no way the writers would have had Rick do that if the guns weren't going to be needed later.

And I guess Beth is still in play, right? I mean if she was going to turn up dead, I'm sure it would have happened in the finale. I don't see the logic in hiding her storyline for like 3 episodes at the end of the season and then just being like "Oh, by the way.....Beth's dead" early in the next season. lol

I also heard that Rick's corny line at the end is a direct quote from the comics. So as lame as it was, I can kind of understand why he said it now. Given that the show is so far off script from the comics, the writers like to keep dropping these little nods to the comics to keep the comic fanboys happy. That's kind of cool, I suppose.

My only question now is;
Who's going to get eaten?
In order to really drive home the danger of these cannibals at Terminus, somebody is going to have to be lunch. If I had to guess, I'd say Tara is chow by episode 3.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Walking Dead
Page 11 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next