The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Ortiz Thinks His Prime-Self Could Beat Jon Jones Vote_lcapOrtiz Thinks His Prime-Self Could Beat Jon Jones Voting_barOrtiz Thinks His Prime-Self Could Beat Jon Jones Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Ortiz Thinks His Prime-Self Could Beat Jon Jones Vote_lcapOrtiz Thinks His Prime-Self Could Beat Jon Jones Voting_barOrtiz Thinks His Prime-Self Could Beat Jon Jones Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Ortiz Thinks His Prime-Self Could Beat Jon Jones

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22838

Ortiz Thinks His Prime-Self Could Beat Jon Jones Empty
PostSubject: Ortiz Thinks His Prime-Self Could Beat Jon Jones   Ortiz Thinks His Prime-Self Could Beat Jon Jones EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:51 pm

Ortiz Thinks His Prime-Self Could Beat Jon Jones 390x2710

Quote :
UFC Hall of famer and former light heavyweight champ, Tito Ortiz
spoke with MMA Uncensored Live about his retired life, and what
could’ve been if wasn’t for his injuries and medical procedures he had
to undertake.

The interview began with his transition to retirement

“It’s everything that I expected it to be — fishing,
enjoying life, it’s been a great time with my family, me and Jenna, all
of my kids, doing my clothing, Punishment Athletics, my nutrition and my
gyms. I’m just working hard on the business aspect of it.

Instead of my brawn, now it’s time to use my brain. Thank God I went to college!”
Ortiz discussed his injuries which induced him to step away from the octagon:

“Prior to the Forrest
fight, I had 50-percent of my meniscus taken out. During the fight, I
guess I re-tore the ACL in my right knee. So, I’m looking to get ACL
replacement on my right knee. I had a neck problem, no one knew about
it. But, I’m possibly getting neck surgery, again. This is why I’m
retired. I’m sick of getting surgeries, man.”
When asked about coming out of retirement to fight former rival Chuck Liddell or anyone else. Ortiz firmlhy stated:

“I’m done. I’ve done what I wanted to do in mixed martial
arts. I’ve got to this point in my career. Fifteen years, I thought,
was good enough for me. I defended my Light Heavyweight title five
consecutive times. I’ve done what I wanted to do. It was about money. I
made my business; I needed it for what I wanted to do. I’m done. I’m
content where I am and to work on the business side of it. I don’t have
the hunger for it, anymore. I’m sick of getting surgeries.”
The Huntington Beach Bad Boy believes he’d still be fighting today and believes he’d be the champion if it wasn’t for injuries:

“100% for sure, I would have. I’d be beating Jon Jones, right now. I’d be beating everybody else that I’ve fought, up to this point. I still might have been 19-2.”
He was asked whether or not he would’ve beaten the current version of
Jon Jones in his prime in case he wanted to recant his previous
statement.
source
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15312

PostSubject: Re: Ortiz Thinks His Prime-Self Could Beat Jon Jones   Ortiz Thinks His Prime-Self Could Beat Jon Jones EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 1:27 pm

yeah big talk in the form of could of ,would of there. To be honest i think Jones of now would have taken ortiz of then. Tito was very predictable as far as what he was going to do inside the cage. Jones is a much harder read and I think tito would have gotten a 2nd or 3rd round tko. but thats just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59432

PostSubject: Re: Ortiz Thinks His Prime-Self Could Beat Jon Jones   Ortiz Thinks His Prime-Self Could Beat Jon Jones EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 2:38 pm

lol!

This is hilarious! That's like saying if Royce Gracie was still in his prime when he fought Hughes, he would've won.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5719

PostSubject: Re: Ortiz Thinks His Prime-Self Could Beat Jon Jones   Ortiz Thinks His Prime-Self Could Beat Jon Jones EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 1:15 am

It's kinda like old men sitting around a table at the bar.... talking about the good old days .... how many women the could have screwed, how many fights they could have won, how much money they could have made.....

Retirement has to fuck with your mind so let him have his " I coulda been a contender" thoughts cause the boy ain't ever coming back.... .... is he?
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59432

PostSubject: Re: Ortiz Thinks His Prime-Self Could Beat Jon Jones   Ortiz Thinks His Prime-Self Could Beat Jon Jones EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 2:44 am

No; he's not.
And if he does, he ain't fighting Jon Jones.
And if he does, he ain't doing anything resembling winning.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12598

PostSubject: Re: Ortiz Thinks His Prime-Self Could Beat Jon Jones   Ortiz Thinks His Prime-Self Could Beat Jon Jones EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 7:37 am

Haha, poor Tito. Ah well, let him say what he wants if it makes him feel better I guess...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ortiz Thinks His Prime-Self Could Beat Jon Jones   Ortiz Thinks His Prime-Self Could Beat Jon Jones Empty

Back to top Go down

Ortiz Thinks His Prime-Self Could Beat Jon Jones
Page 1 of 1