The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Rashad Evans: 'Jon Jones thinks he's God's gift to the fight game' Vote_lcapRashad Evans: 'Jon Jones thinks he's God's gift to the fight game' Voting_barRashad Evans: 'Jon Jones thinks he's God's gift to the fight game' Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Rashad Evans: 'Jon Jones thinks he's God's gift to the fight game' Vote_lcapRashad Evans: 'Jon Jones thinks he's God's gift to the fight game' Voting_barRashad Evans: 'Jon Jones thinks he's God's gift to the fight game' Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Rashad Evans: 'Jon Jones thinks he's God's gift to the fight game'

Go down 
+8
Krieger
DEP
Berserk
ChokingVictim
butterknifeninja
Chrom
samger2
9Teen_AT4
12 posters
AuthorMessage
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7707

Rashad Evans: 'Jon Jones thinks he's God's gift to the fight game' Empty
PostSubject: Rashad Evans: 'Jon Jones thinks he's God's gift to the fight game'   Rashad Evans: 'Jon Jones thinks he's God's gift to the fight game' EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 2:27 am

Quote :
There's no love lost between current Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones and number one contender Rashad Evans.

Last night (Sept. 26, 2011), Evans appeared on Pro MMA Radio with Larry Pepe. The two talked about Jones' recent victory over Quinton Jackson at UFC 135 on Sept. 24, in Denver, Colo., as well as the upcoming match (date yet to be scheduled) between "Bones" and "Suga."

Though not completely uncomplimentary of Jones in the interview, it was only a matter of time before Evans began to sling mud:

"Right now, this dude's on cloud nine. He thinks that he's God's gift to the fight game. I think he's gonna think that he can just walk right through me. Now that he's beat ‘Rampage,' he's gonna think that there's nothing I could do. He's seen my style and he's gonna think there's nothing I can do. He's gonna go out there and just try and embarrass me. He thinks it's gonna be an easy fight, but he's gonna find out different."

He was apparently just getting started.

During the interview, the gloves came off and no one was safe from Evans' sharp tongue. Apparently, he doesn't much care for Jones' manager, the often controversial Malki Kawa. Here's what he had to say about the Miami-based "super agent:"

"One thing about him (Kawa), I didn't like him, because ... he talks too fast. When people try to talk too fast, they're trying to hide something. He talks down on people, like he's better than them. I had to get away from that dude, or I probably woulda caught a case."

In addition to the spat between Evans and Jones, it's also no secret that top trainer Greg Jackson has been removed from Evans' Christmas card list.

Evans had a few interesting things to say about Jackson, even going so far as to infer that he (Jackson) possibly gets credit that he doesn't deserve:

"You know, if we're speaking honestly, Mike Winklejohn does about 85 percent of the coaching at Jackson's. That's just keepin' it real. Greg (Jackson) is always traveling. Winklejohn is the one who picks up most of the slack. I worked with Mike Winklejohn more than I worked with Greg Jackson, in my last four fights that I was there."

Evans said that he believes he would have left the Jackson camp, even if the rift between he and Jones had never occurred. People evolve and eventually move on. Nothing lasts forever.

He elaborates:

"I don't need Greg Jackson. I don't need him. He was great for me at the time, but I don't think there's anything I could have learned being at that camp. I've reached the top level that I could reach with that camp. I knew I had to leave a while ago. Things just kinda got stagnant. Jon (Jones) will feel the same way. He won't be there forever."

After Jones' UFC 135 successful title defense, he claimed that Evans had "ruined his special night." Evans weighed in on those comments, too:

"Think about how stupid that sounds. Like it's my idea to get in the cage. Like I'm jumping into the cage and security's after me and I'm going in there and challenging him. Don't say I ruined your night! Say the UFC and Dana White ruined your night! We're selling a fight...stupid! Just shut up!"

To cap off the interview, Evans closed things out by saying that he believes Jones faked an injury to get out of their last scheduled bout and that he believes he'll do it again:

"Do you think Jon pulled out of the first fight because he was confident? No! He was afraid! Watch him try to pull out of this fight too! Watch him be like, ‘Oh! My foot's hurt!' or something like that, so he can get out of this fight too. When it comes down to it, he doesn't really want it."

Interesting theory.

It will certainly be interesting to see how the recent news of Jones' six month medical suspension will affect the future match up of the two.

The Sauce
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans: 'Jon Jones thinks he's God's gift to the fight game'   Rashad Evans: 'Jon Jones thinks he's God's gift to the fight game' EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 2:40 am

Seems pretty right to me, Bones definitely seemed to be ducking 'shad the first time around.
Hope 'shad can pull this off.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10306

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans: 'Jon Jones thinks he's God's gift to the fight game'   Rashad Evans: 'Jon Jones thinks he's God's gift to the fight game' EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 8:42 am

I hope Rashad gets dropped like he did against Machida. I want to see someone rule this division...not some flash in the pan like every other "champion" has been.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22851

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans: 'Jon Jones thinks he's God's gift to the fight game'   Rashad Evans: 'Jon Jones thinks he's God's gift to the fight game' EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 9:35 am

Good interview, I too think that Jones was pullin some shenanigans to get out of that fight. But w/e its coming soon enough. Also, we all should know by now that Malki is a douche. I mean MeatHead called out his BS on live TV.
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 4008

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans: 'Jon Jones thinks he's God's gift to the fight game'   Rashad Evans: 'Jon Jones thinks he's God's gift to the fight game' EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 9:36 am

In other news: Rashad Evans jealous of former training partner Jon Jones
Back to top Go down
ChokingVictim
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
ChokingVictim

Standard Cash : 5712

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans: 'Jon Jones thinks he's God's gift to the fight game'   Rashad Evans: 'Jon Jones thinks he's God's gift to the fight game' EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 11:22 am

You really think Jones has been ducking Rashad Evans??

Hes beats Bader, than gets huge jump in competition and opportunity and beats Shogun and just beat Rampage.......When was he ducking Rashad, when he was winning the title?
haha

Its funny how everyone hates on Bones now
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22851

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans: 'Jon Jones thinks he's God's gift to the fight game'   Rashad Evans: 'Jon Jones thinks he's God's gift to the fight game' EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 11:26 am

He, got injured just long enough til Rashad got another fight, then he got Rampage. It is suspect. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

Standard Cash : 28621

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans: 'Jon Jones thinks he's God's gift to the fight game'   Rashad Evans: 'Jon Jones thinks he's God's gift to the fight game' EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 11:45 am

Damn, if anything I can't wait to see this fight!
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9484

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans: 'Jon Jones thinks he's God's gift to the fight game'   Rashad Evans: 'Jon Jones thinks he's God's gift to the fight game' EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 1:29 pm

ChokingVictim wrote:
You really think Jones has been ducking Rashad Evans??

Hes beats Bader, than gets huge jump in competition and opportunity and beats Shogun and just beat Rampage.......When was he ducking Rashad, when he was winning the title?
haha

Its funny how everyone hates on Bones now

This.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5732

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans: 'Jon Jones thinks he's God's gift to the fight game'   Rashad Evans: 'Jon Jones thinks he's God's gift to the fight game' EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 1:55 pm

Interesting ... I dont think everyone hates Jones ... I sure dont... but it is wierd that people do have a hate on for the guy. Oh well...

As for Evans... I sure love the boos he gets from the crowd... why is he getting all those boos? Im sure he wonders why too? ... Its all of the personality complaints! The same complaints he is making of Jones... Except for Evans the complaints are true....

Final point... Jones has defended his championship... Evan's could not defend the title AND he got ktfo..... heh..

I'm really looking forward to Evans getting hurt, humilated and interviewed after he wakes up... or maybe the crying in the ring interview..... heh Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans: 'Jon Jones thinks he's God's gift to the fight game'   Rashad Evans: 'Jon Jones thinks he's God's gift to the fight game' EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 2:26 pm

I think we all get turned off by fighters that are cocky. We're so used to all the champions of old like couture and lidell and franklin that are somewhat soft spoken and very respectful. We now have this new crop of guys that are ridiculously talented and they know it...so they're kinda cocky and that rubs us all the wrong way. We refuse to jump on the train because we don't like their attitudes.
Back to top Go down
Mogal
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
Mogal

Standard Cash : 6208

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans: 'Jon Jones thinks he's God's gift to the fight game'   Rashad Evans: 'Jon Jones thinks he's God's gift to the fight game' EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 2:32 pm

Well, Like Sammy, I would also like to see a Title Holder last for a little while.
But I dunno if I want it to be Bones. As Rogan said during the fight, he
seemed to be acting 'Anderson Style' ... I really don't care for that.

I can see Bruce intro-ing him on his next fight...
INTRODUCING THE LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION! Jon, the Monkey, Bones, Jones!

But I will still give props to Jones, he is GOOD, and excitiing to watch.

I know everyone(ok, MOST) have a hate on for Suga, but I like him.
I (think) I'd rather see Rashad hold the title over him.
- I really have no clue as to who I'm going to vote for come that time!

Oh, and is it true that TITO has the longest title run at this wieght?! Geesh! Sad
(I guess I never really thought about it...)
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/imogal/mogal
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59445

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans: 'Jon Jones thinks he's God's gift to the fight game'   Rashad Evans: 'Jon Jones thinks he's God's gift to the fight game' EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 4:29 pm

Wow, I never heard this before!
Rashad is mad at Greg Jackson? He doesn't like Jone Jones, either? Well, Jones' manager is probably OK, right? No?

Man, I am so surprised to hear this! If Rashad felt this way, you'd think he would have said so about 1,497 times already to every MMA media member he sees walking down the street or calls on his cell phone.

Oh....that's right.
Nevermind.

Seriously dude, this is getting pathetic. Don't you have anything to say other than how evil Greg jackson is and how he loves Jon Jones more than you?
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5732

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans: 'Jon Jones thinks he's God's gift to the fight game'   Rashad Evans: 'Jon Jones thinks he's God's gift to the fight game' EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 5:02 pm

Heh .... ^^^ this ^^^
Back to top Go down
KingPin
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
KingPin

Standard Cash : 5190

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans: 'Jon Jones thinks he's God's gift to the fight game'   Rashad Evans: 'Jon Jones thinks he's God's gift to the fight game' EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 5:50 pm

just sounds like Rashad his hurt because Jones stole all his attention. i would too if the quaterback took a shine to the new cheerleader. Wink

i think if Rashad continues on this self pittying path, he's going to distract himself from the objective of winning the championship belt to simply getting revenge.... but then again maybe that's the whole point...
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans: 'Jon Jones thinks he's God's gift to the fight game'   Rashad Evans: 'Jon Jones thinks he's God's gift to the fight game' EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 6:29 pm

Berserk wrote:
Damn, if anything I can't wait to see this fight!

This!! Shieett maaan I'm just excited to see the fight. In my opinion this is they type of fight that Jones may unleash his killer instinct.
Back to top Go down
ToyotaF1Fan
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
ToyotaF1Fan

Standard Cash : 5082

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans: 'Jon Jones thinks he's God's gift to the fight game'   Rashad Evans: 'Jon Jones thinks he's God's gift to the fight game' EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 7:17 am

Rashad better get his talking in now because it will be hard to do so when he is twitching unconscious on the mat. I like that people are seeing the reel Jon Jones now, before he was a champion he tried to play the self effacing humble guy but once he won the belt his true colors came out. If you are as good as he and Anderson are, you have earned the right to have a bit of swag. I might prefer the out of the cage persona of a guy like Randy, but I sure as hell prefer the in cage persona of a Bones or an Anderson Silva.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans: 'Jon Jones thinks he's God's gift to the fight game'   Rashad Evans: 'Jon Jones thinks he's God's gift to the fight game' EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 8:05 am

Wait...I thought Rampage thought HE was God's gift to the game...I mean he does in fact have a tattoo that reads "God's Street Soldier"....geez Rashad...get your facts right
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans: 'Jon Jones thinks he's God's gift to the fight game'   Rashad Evans: 'Jon Jones thinks he's God's gift to the fight game' Empty

Back to top Go down

Rashad Evans: 'Jon Jones thinks he's God's gift to the fight game'
Page 1 of 1