The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
You're probably not surprised that Frank Mir thinks Lesnar will beat Overeem Vote_lcapYou're probably not surprised that Frank Mir thinks Lesnar will beat Overeem Voting_barYou're probably not surprised that Frank Mir thinks Lesnar will beat Overeem Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
You're probably not surprised that Frank Mir thinks Lesnar will beat Overeem Vote_lcapYou're probably not surprised that Frank Mir thinks Lesnar will beat Overeem Voting_barYou're probably not surprised that Frank Mir thinks Lesnar will beat Overeem Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

You're probably not surprised that Frank Mir thinks Lesnar will beat Overeem

Go down 
+2
9Teen_AT4
Chrom
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22829

You're probably not surprised that Frank Mir thinks Lesnar will beat Overeem Empty
PostSubject: You're probably not surprised that Frank Mir thinks Lesnar will beat Overeem   You're probably not surprised that Frank Mir thinks Lesnar will beat Overeem EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 10:10 am

You're probably not surprised that Frank Mir thinks Lesnar will beat Overeem Frankm10
Quote :
Since I've already spent most of the weekend watching old episodes of Jesse Ventura's 'Conspiracy Theory,' I feel obligated to manifest my own theory since I don't want to be the only one left out in the Tin Foil Hat Club. Tang was created by the Mars Company and it was also used by NASA in early space exploration. Alright, in the industry we call that a 'loose' conspiracy theory since, well, it's pretty horrible. The second conspiracy theory may have a tad more merit then that previous abortion of an idea. Frank Mir is publicly stating he believes Brock Lesnar will defeat Alistair Overeem so that if Overeem does in fact beat Lesnar, he will have effectively 'picked a fight' with him. Just two months ago Frank Mir claimed that he was less focused on fighting Brock Lesnar and wanted to tangle with Alistair instead. This past April, Frank Mir even stated that Alistair will 'struggle against wrestlers' if he ever made it to the UFC.

Now in an interview with ESPN, Frank Mir continues his subtle tirade against The Reem by claiming Brock Lesnar will 'easily' defeat Alistair Overeem.

“Honestly, I think Brock will win pretty easily.”

“I think we’re going to see the closest thing to a grappler versus striker match you’ll see nowadays. Brock is going to cover up; maybe throw one jab. He’ll rush Overeem to the cage, reach down for a leg and rip him down.”

Perhaps Frank Mir's reality is suffering from a case of Stockholm Syndrome since not that long ago Frank Mir had an unhealthy obsession with Lesnar
source
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7685

You're probably not surprised that Frank Mir thinks Lesnar will beat Overeem Empty
PostSubject: Re: You're probably not surprised that Frank Mir thinks Lesnar will beat Overeem   You're probably not surprised that Frank Mir thinks Lesnar will beat Overeem EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 3:18 pm

He's only fought once this year. I hope all this time he has not been fighting, he's been improving because he seriously left a long lasting bad taste in everyone's mouth September 2010 stinker fest. Yuck! And I'm always rooting for the guy...
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5710

PostSubject: Re: You're probably not surprised that Frank Mir thinks Lesnar will beat Overeem   You're probably not surprised that Frank Mir thinks Lesnar will beat Overeem EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 8:01 pm

Franks right.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15303

PostSubject: Re: You're probably not surprised that Frank Mir thinks Lesnar will beat Overeem   You're probably not surprised that Frank Mir thinks Lesnar will beat Overeem EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 9:14 am

I see an overeem ko coming.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10284

PostSubject: Re: You're probably not surprised that Frank Mir thinks Lesnar will beat Overeem   You're probably not surprised that Frank Mir thinks Lesnar will beat Overeem EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 10:05 am

I honestly don't know who to call in this fight. I'm leaning toward reem just for the experience factor. But if Brock gets a leg, gets him down and pounds it could be over quick.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12589

PostSubject: Re: You're probably not surprised that Frank Mir thinks Lesnar will beat Overeem   You're probably not surprised that Frank Mir thinks Lesnar will beat Overeem EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 12:30 pm

I see brock winning this as well.

I wouldnt be suprised to see him turn and run from overeem and cover up against the cage, but if hes at least somewhat coherent and grabs a leg i think he will be fine.

Otherwise TKO for Reem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You're probably not surprised that Frank Mir thinks Lesnar will beat Overeem   You're probably not surprised that Frank Mir thinks Lesnar will beat Overeem Empty

Back to top Go down

You're probably not surprised that Frank Mir thinks Lesnar will beat Overeem
Page 1 of 1