The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Fox 2 to determine 3 title contenders. Vote_lcapFox 2 to determine 3 title contenders. Voting_barFox 2 to determine 3 title contenders. Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Fox 2 to determine 3 title contenders. Vote_lcapFox 2 to determine 3 title contenders. Voting_barFox 2 to determine 3 title contenders. Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Fox 2 to determine 3 title contenders.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15310

Fox 2 to determine 3 title contenders. Empty
PostSubject: Fox 2 to determine 3 title contenders.   Fox 2 to determine 3 title contenders. EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 11:10 am

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=AuyrwMi4Sm5PQfzdbZziyn09Eo14?slug=mmaweekly-631706ba29acf9452be12def07bafb9f

as we all knew winner of davis and evans gets the winner of jones and machida.

Sonnen and munoz to determine who gets Silva and next.

and now dana has announced that if Bisping beats Maia he will get the next shot at the title following the winner of munoz and Sonnen.

Hot damn this is going to be a great card!!!!
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16375

PostSubject: Re: Fox 2 to determine 3 title contenders.   Fox 2 to determine 3 title contenders. EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 12:49 pm

so does same go for maia when he beats bisping....will he be next in line?
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Fox 2 to determine 3 title contenders.   Fox 2 to determine 3 title contenders. EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 2:07 pm

norcalmatt wrote:
so does same go for maia when he beats bisping....will he be next in line?

Probably not, seeing it would only be maia 2nd straight win and for bisping it will be his 5th straight.
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

Standard Cash : 5909

PostSubject: Re: Fox 2 to determine 3 title contenders.   Fox 2 to determine 3 title contenders. EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 3:44 pm

Gecko wrote:
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=AuyrwMi4Sm5PQfzdbZziyn09Eo14?slug=mmaweekly-631706ba29acf9452be12def07bafb9f

as we all knew winner of davis and evans gets the winner of jones and machida.

Sonnen and munoz to determine who gets Silva and next.

and now dana has announced that if Bisping beats Maia he will get the next shot at the title following the winner of munoz and Sonnen.

Hot damn this is going to be a great card!!!!

Is that a joke?, how does a win over Maia warrant a title shot; I don't care how many fights you've won in a row.

- Lost to Wanderlei Silva
- Lost to Henderson (whose now back, granted he's leaning towards LHW I suppose.)

There is a huge list of fighters I feel Bisping would be leap frogging if given the shot after
hypothetically beating Maia.

- Wanderlei, coming off a win over Cung Le; having had a close fight with Bisping.
- Brian Stann, KO'd Chris Leben
- Mark Munoz, regardless of win/loss to Sonnen
- Chael Sonnen, regardless of win/loss to Munoz.
- Yushin Okami, cause I said so.
- Alan Belcher (a fight I have wanted to see for years)
- Paul Harris (Rousimar Palhares)
[poses big threats to Bisping with his ground game and power, also wanted to see for a while now.]
- Chris Weidman, kids young and talented;a good test for Mikey imo.

I know it is assumed that my role is as a Bisping hater, that I am not; I have been an advocate for fighter
earning there title shots for as long as I have been on these forums. I am totally aware that it doesn't matter
if fighters earn they're shots; as long as the UFC can sell the PPV/fight. But someone please refute some of my suggestions for the fights I've suggested, because I don't see how Bisping's last 5 wins are enough to justify a
title shot.

Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Fox 2 to determine 3 title contenders.   Fox 2 to determine 3 title contenders. EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 4:07 pm

5 straight wins and maia beat chael down like a punk and went 5 rounds with A. Silva so i would think yes if he beats maia he should be in the title picture no doubt. Plus fighters have gotten title shots for a lot less only becuase they are a draw and really havent earned it.

plus yushin already had a shot and looked awful no one wants to see a rematch of that. Paul harris..really?. Wandi would get destroyed by bisping in a rematch and i still say bisping won the first one on points too. Chris weidman is far from top 10 right now and would be a down grade for bisping to fight.Brian Stann is coming off a loss and makes no sense.So after looking at this the only ones i would warrent a fight for Bisping to get a title shot would be Alan Belcher(which i agree with you on would be a great fight). the loser of sonnen and munoz makes no sense. why would you give a guy another title shot if he just lost his chance to have one in his last match? Plus Bisping is a bigger draw over those last 4 guys you named.

Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59430

PostSubject: Re: Fox 2 to determine 3 title contenders.   Fox 2 to determine 3 title contenders. EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 4:37 pm

Gecko wrote:
5 straight wins and maia beat chael down like a punk and went 5 rounds with A. Silva so i would think yes if he beats maia he should be in the title picture no doubt. Plus fighters have gotten title shots for a lot less only becuase they are a draw and really havent earned it.

plus yushin already had a shot and looked awful no one wants to see a rematch of that. Paul harris..really?. Wandi would get destroyed by bisping in a rematch and i still say bisping won the first one on points too. Chris weidman is far from top 10 right now and would be a down grade for bisping to fight.Brian Stann is coming off a loss and makes no sense.So after looking at this the only ones i would warrent a fight for Bisping to get a title shot would be Alan Belcher(which i agree with you on would be a great fight). the loser of sonnen and munoz makes no sense. why would you give a guy another title shot if he just lost his chance to have one in his last match? Plus Bisping is a bigger draw over those last 4 guys you named.

Yeah totally agree with all of this, excpet the part about Bisping beating Wanderlei in a re-match.

But you're spot on; Bisping makes the most sense of anyone mentioned. Wiedman, Paul Harris, and Belcher are ridiculous suggestions at this point. Wanderlei and Stann have recent lopsided losses, and everbody else other than Munoz has alreay been beaten by the champ (and Munoz could be next), so there's really no one else left that's even remotely worthy after Chael/Munoz.
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

Standard Cash : 5909

PostSubject: Re: Fox 2 to determine 3 title contenders.   Fox 2 to determine 3 title contenders. EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 5:30 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:
Gecko wrote:

Yeah totally agree with all of this, excpet the part about Bisping beating Wanderlei in a re-match.

But you're spot on; Bisping makes the most sense of anyone mentioned. Wiedman, Paul Harris, and Belcher are ridiculous suggestions at this point. Wanderlei and Stann have recent lopsided losses, and everbody else other than Munoz has alreay been beaten by the champ (and Munoz could be next), so there's really no one else left that's even remotely worthy after Chael/Munoz.

Gentlemen,

Look at Bisping's last 5 fights:

Jason Miller (after 14 months lay off)
Jorge Rivera (Is old and no where near top ten, hardly a gatekeeper if anything)
Yosihiro Akiyama (Legit win over a contender but not top 5 imo, no issues with it)
Dan Miller (Lost to Paul Harris in most recent fight, [No Palhares? Come on guys!] and has 2 wins in last 7 fights)
Wanderlei Silva (Close fight, lost via UD!)

When I look at that list it does not make me laguh off suggestions like Belcher, Paul Harris or Weidman;
I totally agree Bisping is a bigger draw than these guys but that doesn't mean he can beat them.

What was Jorge for Bisping?? (a step down without a doubt).
What was Miller, other than publicity for TUF ( apparently)>?? Seriously
He lost to Wanderlei Silva by UD, not a split.

Regardless of who has lost to Silva, Sonnen or Munoz, Bisping has not beaten any of the guys they've been beating;
Okami would rape Bisping, Sonnen samething, Munoz rapes or KO's Bisping; Stann & Paul could KO Bisping.

Who cares if he earns it, as long as they make money right;
might have to change Bisping's nickname from "the count" to
"lil Fedor".
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59430

PostSubject: Re: Fox 2 to determine 3 title contenders.   Fox 2 to determine 3 title contenders. EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 9:34 pm

Woulda, coulda, shoulda......

Bisping is the next guy in line after Munoz or Sonnen. There's really no other way to spin it at this point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fox 2 to determine 3 title contenders.   Fox 2 to determine 3 title contenders. Empty

Back to top Go down

Fox 2 to determine 3 title contenders.
Page 1 of 1