The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Jones Is Whining About UFC's Approach At Lining Up Title Contenders Vote_lcapJones Is Whining About UFC's Approach At Lining Up Title Contenders Voting_barJones Is Whining About UFC's Approach At Lining Up Title Contenders Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Jones Is Whining About UFC's Approach At Lining Up Title Contenders Vote_lcapJones Is Whining About UFC's Approach At Lining Up Title Contenders Voting_barJones Is Whining About UFC's Approach At Lining Up Title Contenders Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Jones Is Whining About UFC's Approach At Lining Up Title Contenders

Go down 
+2
stock
Chrom
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22847

Jones Is Whining About UFC's Approach At Lining Up Title Contenders Empty
PostSubject: Jones Is Whining About UFC's Approach At Lining Up Title Contenders   Jones Is Whining About UFC's Approach At Lining Up Title Contenders EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 8:36 am

Quote :
“I was like ‘Really? You want him to have the rematch that bad?’ No disrespect to Nogueira, but let’s see Gustafsson versus Cormier. It makes so much sense. Me, Cormier, Gustafsson and Teixeira, the top four guys in the division. Let’s put us all in a little round-robin pool and see who is the toughest out of us four. Why throw Little Nog into the picture? But whatever, I’m gonna fight the toughest one anyway.”

Nogueira pulled out of the fight with Alexander Gustafsson this past week due to a back injury, leaving the Swedish title contender without an opponent. Jones offered his advice on how to fix this problem.

“I wanna see [Gustafsson] fight a top contender. Seems like these guys are not really having the toughest time to get to the belt. Teixeira goes from Bader to a championship fight. Gustafsson went from Shogun to a championship fight. I feel like they save all the dogs for me and they just give the toughest guys the easiest match-ups to get to a title shot. Let’s see some of these top contenders fight each other.”

Read more at http://www.bjpenn.com/jones-claims-ufc-gave-gustafsson-easy-fight-with-lil-nog-to-protect-rematch/#HK5qYIGjEjrruaPq.99
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Jones Is Whining About UFC's Approach At Lining Up Title Contenders   Jones Is Whining About UFC's Approach At Lining Up Title Contenders EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 8:38 am

This fuckin guy asks for a fight with Glover and then a few weeks later says Glover got an easy path to the belt... Does this fuckin guy pay any attention to what the fuck he says?
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35189

PostSubject: Re: Jones Is Whining About UFC's Approach At Lining Up Title Contenders   Jones Is Whining About UFC's Approach At Lining Up Title Contenders EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 8:59 am

If Jones/Teixeira is going to happen, I'd like to see Gus/Cormier to determine the next title shot.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Jones Is Whining About UFC's Approach At Lining Up Title Contenders   Jones Is Whining About UFC's Approach At Lining Up Title Contenders EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 9:14 am

Cormier wants to fight at that weight class and has now said he wants at least one fight at LHW before fighting for the title, so it would make perfect sense from his stand point. And obviously eliminating one future tough fight for Jones, it also plays out in his favor. But what does it do for Gus? Cormier is a lesser ranked LHW than Nog and would really add nothing to his ranking aside from maybe P4P. I think Gus fighting anyone that is already ranked at LHW would be a better bet.
On top of all of that, what does it do for the UFC? They would be eliminating one of the top contenders for no reason. There are plenty of other top tier guys that Cormier could fight. IMO
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15321

PostSubject: Re: Jones Is Whining About UFC's Approach At Lining Up Title Contenders   Jones Is Whining About UFC's Approach At Lining Up Title Contenders EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 9:39 am

My take from this and this is only my opion ofcourse. I think jones looks at cormier and gus being his biggest problems that he will have to face at this point and time.(until some fresh new blood steps up) but to me it looks like jones is tring to cling onto his belt for as long as possible and wants to eliminate one of his two biggest threats. cormiers wrestling could give jones some problems and with there rants back and fourth jones would really hate to lose his title to him. then theres gus were alot of people and myself included thought gus won the last fight and jones knows he will more than likely be even more hungry in there rematch and could get the nod the next time they fought.So whats the best option get atleast one of them out the title picture. jones just needs to chill out and fight who ever the UFC gives him. It will only improve his chances for leaving behind a possible HOF carrier if he is know as the guy who fights anyone put in front of him then he would be being the guy who kept the title for a long time but made sure he had the easiest routes to keep that belt.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12607

PostSubject: Re: Jones Is Whining About UFC's Approach At Lining Up Title Contenders   Jones Is Whining About UFC's Approach At Lining Up Title Contenders EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 6:58 pm

Wow, new level of douchebaggery.

What a pussy.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59441

PostSubject: Re: Jones Is Whining About UFC's Approach At Lining Up Title Contenders   Jones Is Whining About UFC's Approach At Lining Up Title Contenders EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 7:55 pm

I'll just copy and paste what I wrote on a different site instead of trying to remember what the hell I said. lol

I don't really get what he's saying. He seems like he's kind of contradicting himself. He says he is going to be fighting the toughest dudes anyway so it doesn't matter in the end, but that wouldn't be the case if top contenders are knocking each other off left and right. What does he want to see happen, top contenders fighting it out and knocking each other out of title contention while he takes 2 years off and waits for the outcome? I suppose you could say "Well if they don't win, then they don't deserve a title shot anyway". Well yeah, it's hard to argue with that, but think about where that process would ultimately put the title picture; if the top 4 guys fight, and only 2 remain, and they are granted the next 2 title shots, what happens when they both lose in their title shots? We're left with a few guys coming off of losses and a bunch of newcomers still trying to work their way up. Unless Jones sits out for a year or two and waits for the division to rebuild itself, he would be defending his title against sub-par competition.
Matchmaking isn't an exact science, but what he's suggesting does more harm than good to a division in the long run.

Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7956

PostSubject: Re: Jones Is Whining About UFC's Approach At Lining Up Title Contenders   Jones Is Whining About UFC's Approach At Lining Up Title Contenders EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 9:12 pm

the stench of fear is overwhelming
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12607

PostSubject: Re: Jones Is Whining About UFC's Approach At Lining Up Title Contenders   Jones Is Whining About UFC's Approach At Lining Up Title Contenders EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 8:23 am

Triggerman99 wrote:
I'll just copy and paste what I wrote on a different site instead of trying to remember what the hell I said. lol

I don't really get what he's saying. He seems like he's kind of contradicting himself. He says he is going to be fighting the toughest dudes anyway so it doesn't matter in the end, but that wouldn't be the case if top contenders are knocking each other off left and right. What does he want to see happen, top contenders fighting it out and knocking each other out of title contention while he takes 2 years off and waits for the outcome? I suppose you could say "Well if they don't win, then they don't deserve a title shot anyway". Well yeah, it's hard to argue with that, but think about where that process would ultimately put the title picture; if the top 4 guys fight, and only 2 remain, and they are granted the next 2 title shots, what happens when they both lose in their title shots? We're left with a few guys coming off of losses and a bunch of newcomers still trying to work their way up. Unless Jones sits out for a year or two and waits for the division to rebuild itself, he would be defending his title against sub-par competition.
Matchmaking isn't an exact science, but what he's suggesting does more harm than good to a division in the long run.

Yeah, he's an idiot. He seems like an intelligent guy when he speaks, but for some reason every quote from him sounds so unintelligent.

It's almost like he wants the UFC to have a round robin tournament of all challengers and then he fights the winner, then rinse and repeat each time lol.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Jones Is Whining About UFC's Approach At Lining Up Title Contenders   Jones Is Whining About UFC's Approach At Lining Up Title Contenders EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 1:48 pm

Yeah, he's proof that being well spoken and somewhat intelligent can't cover up for being a contradictory whine-ass. He seriously needs a PR director or something to stop him from voicing these idiotic thoughts that pop into his head.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7956

PostSubject: Re: Jones Is Whining About UFC's Approach At Lining Up Title Contenders   Jones Is Whining About UFC's Approach At Lining Up Title Contenders EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 3:01 pm

i disagree, jones is not somewhat intelligent. he IS an idiot and the way he speaks is the result of PR efforts and his own desires to sound well spoken but his idiocy keeps coming through.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Jones Is Whining About UFC's Approach At Lining Up Title Contenders   Jones Is Whining About UFC's Approach At Lining Up Title Contenders EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 3:08 pm

That actually would make more sense. PR training can only get you so far. Eventually your actual stupid thoughts will make their way through.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jones Is Whining About UFC's Approach At Lining Up Title Contenders   Jones Is Whining About UFC's Approach At Lining Up Title Contenders Empty

Back to top Go down

Jones Is Whining About UFC's Approach At Lining Up Title Contenders
Page 1 of 1