The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Bisping speaks on MW division contenders, says he has the best case for title shot Vote_lcapBisping speaks on MW division contenders, says he has the best case for title shot Voting_barBisping speaks on MW division contenders, says he has the best case for title shot Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Bisping speaks on MW division contenders, says he has the best case for title shot Vote_lcapBisping speaks on MW division contenders, says he has the best case for title shot Voting_barBisping speaks on MW division contenders, says he has the best case for title shot Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Bisping speaks on MW division contenders, says he has the best case for title shot

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59441

Bisping speaks on MW division contenders, says he has the best case for title shot Empty
PostSubject: Bisping speaks on MW division contenders, says he has the best case for title shot   Bisping speaks on MW division contenders, says he has the best case for title shot EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 3:25 pm

Quote :
There are a quite a few fighters sitting in the top ten of the division however that haven’t faced Silva yet and would love their chance to prove everybody wrong.

Michael Bisping sits among those top ten middleweights all hoping to get the next crack at Anderson Silva.

Recently, Bisping sat down with MMAWeekly Radio to break down and give his thoughts on the middleweight division, and the list of contenders who all believe they deserve a shot at Anderson Silva.

Of course, Bisping didn’t hold anything back when giving his opinion on any of the fighters that might be standing in his way of getting to Anderson Silva.

“There’s Alan Belcher, who’s a decent talent, no pun intended. He’s decent, but I think I match-up very well with him and I think I take him apart pretty easily. I don’t really see him vying for the title, or doing very well at all,” Bisping said.

The Brit then moved on to former NCAA champion Mark Munoz, who is currently recovering from elbow and foot injuries after a loss to Chris Weidman in July.

“You’ve got Mark Munoz – Mark Munoz who I never really thought was that good anyways. He was a wrestler with a very suspect chin, terrible boxing, and a style he refers to as ‘Donkey Kong’. I think anyone that refers to themselves as Donkey Kong needs to take a good look at themselves, and he was exposed when he fought Chris Weidman. I never thought he was that good to start with,” Bisping stated.

“Is he a nice guy? Yeah, he’s a (expletive) ace guy, one of the nicest guys you’ll ever meet. Do I think he’s all that? No, I thought he was overhyped all the time.”

So what about Chris Weidman?

He currently sits atop the contender’s list for most people ranking the middleweight division, but Bisping isn’t sold on him at all and believes he’s another fighter ranked too high just waiting to be exposed.

“Chris Weidman, I think he’s overhyped as well. Up until the point when he fought Demian Maia I had never heard of Chris Weidman before in my life because he had been fighting bums on the undercard. Then he fights Demian Maia and I had to turn the TV off in my dressing room because it was the most boring fight I’ve ever seen in my life,” Bisping explained.

“Upon that he fights Mark Munoz, and yeah he beats him, but if I remember right the crowd booed unbelievably throughout the first round because he just laid on him. Then he knocked him out with an elbow, but that’s due to the fact that Mark Munoz came in out of shape, unfocused, and looking like he was at a rock concert and not a UFC fight.”

Then there’s Brian Stann who Bisping faces at UFC 152, but again the former Ultimate Fighter competitor already knows he won’t be relevant in this conversation for much longer.

“Brian Stann, obviously I’m fighting him in 10 days, so we’ll see what’s up with that. I’m confident in beating him so we don’t really need to talk about that,” said Bisping.

Once Bisping carves up and whittles down the other contenders list, it obviously only leaves one name remaining for the fighter who should be facing Anderson Silva next.

“So who does that leave? Oh yeah, that leaves me,” Bisping stated.

This actually made me laugh, especially the part about Munoz calling himself "Donkey Kong". LOL

http://www.mmaweekly.com/michael-bisping-im-ready-to-expletive-take-the-title-off-of-anderson-silva
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22847

Bisping speaks on MW division contenders, says he has the best case for title shot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bisping speaks on MW division contenders, says he has the best case for title shot   Bisping speaks on MW division contenders, says he has the best case for title shot EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 7:33 pm

As much as I dislike the guy that was a far more fair assessment than I had expected...

What kinda chance do you guys give Stann?
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Bisping speaks on MW division contenders, says he has the best case for title shot   Bisping speaks on MW division contenders, says he has the best case for title shot EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 8:38 pm

I actually give Stann a very good chance. If he tries to dance with Bisping and try to point-fight him, he's done for. But if he goes into beast-mode like he's done a few times before, it can be real fuckin scary for his opponent. He gets that you-can't-hurt-me look in his eyes and just starts throwing murder punches until one lands.

Bisping made some pretty good points- points that I myself have made a few times- but he also should take a look in the mirror. IMO he's no more deserving than any of the other guys, which is exactly why I think it's a good idea for Silva to take some time off and let the division work itself out for a little bit. I think that makes more sense at this point than just picking one name out of four or five from a hat for a title shot just for the hell of it.

Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15321

PostSubject: Re: Bisping speaks on MW division contenders, says he has the best case for title shot   Bisping speaks on MW division contenders, says he has the best case for title shot EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 8:59 am

I think in all areas aside from ko power Bisping has the upper hand in. He's got better wrestling,submissions,submission defense,takedowns,better striking tech,and cardio.

If bisping is smart he will circle and jab for a minute then go for the take down and apply submission on Stann or a good ground and pound. Stann has some of the worst submission defense in MW divison.

Unless bisping slips early and gets caught this is Bispings fight to win.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Bisping speaks on MW division contenders, says he has the best case for title shot   Bisping speaks on MW division contenders, says he has the best case for title shot EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 9:35 am

I refuse to believe that Bisping has better wrestling than any American. Any.

Razz
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Bisping speaks on MW division contenders, says he has the best case for title shot   Bisping speaks on MW division contenders, says he has the best case for title shot EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 9:59 am

Chrom wrote:
I refuse to believe that Bisping has better wrestling than any American. Any.

Razz

cheers lol! cheers
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Bisping speaks on MW division contenders, says he has the best case for title shot   Bisping speaks on MW division contenders, says he has the best case for title shot EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 3:25 pm

Gecko wrote:
I think in all areas aside from ko power Bisping has the upper hand in.

You mean aside from KO power and BEAST MODE!!

[img]Bisping speaks on MW division contenders, says he has the best case for title shot Brian_10[/img]

War! Metal War!
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Bisping speaks on MW division contenders, says he has the best case for title shot   Bisping speaks on MW division contenders, says he has the best case for title shot EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 3:52 pm

http://www.thefightnerd.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/20100221065208_DGH113382.jpg

but does it beat the Bisping beast look thought? lol!
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Bisping speaks on MW division contenders, says he has the best case for title shot   Bisping speaks on MW division contenders, says he has the best case for title shot EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 4:01 pm

LOL!

Well to be honest, I didn't intend on posting just a pic. I had a couple gifs I wanted to post. One was when Stann went apeshit and just let Doug Marshall whail on him before starching him with a left hook and then basicly roaring at him while he lay there on the mat, and the other was a gif of the pic I posted. But for some reason, I couldn't get the gifs to play when I uploaded them here; they were basicly just still shots.
Long story short it looked stupid, and I had to put something up there, so there's a BEAST MODE!! pic instead of a BEAST MODE!! gif.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Bisping speaks on MW division contenders, says he has the best case for title shot   Bisping speaks on MW division contenders, says he has the best case for title shot EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 4:31 pm

yeah our shitty pic host fails hard with the gifs. Just use the direct link
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bisping speaks on MW division contenders, says he has the best case for title shot   Bisping speaks on MW division contenders, says he has the best case for title shot Empty

Back to top Go down

Bisping speaks on MW division contenders, says he has the best case for title shot
Page 1 of 1