The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Jesus!!!! Vitor wants bisping then title shot Vote_lcapJesus!!!! Vitor wants bisping then title shot Voting_barJesus!!!! Vitor wants bisping then title shot Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Jesus!!!! Vitor wants bisping then title shot Vote_lcapJesus!!!! Vitor wants bisping then title shot Voting_barJesus!!!! Vitor wants bisping then title shot Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Jesus!!!! Vitor wants bisping then title shot

Go down 
+2
FistK
Gecko
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15328

Jesus!!!! Vitor wants bisping then title shot Empty
PostSubject: Jesus!!!! Vitor wants bisping then title shot   Jesus!!!! Vitor wants bisping then title shot EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 7:56 am

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1237181-vitor-belfort-wants-michael-bisping-then-a-title-shot

Does every one under the sun want to fight Bisping? What is it about the guy that every one seems to have an urge to fight him?
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12614

PostSubject: Re: Jesus!!!! Vitor wants bisping then title shot   Jesus!!!! Vitor wants bisping then title shot EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 8:04 am

Not trying to bust your balls, but I think everyone views him as a non threat. He is a good fighter, but he doesnt hit hard and thusly easier to gameplan for.

I love Vitor to death but im disappointed in him for this one.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35196

PostSubject: Re: Jesus!!!! Vitor wants bisping then title shot   Jesus!!!! Vitor wants bisping then title shot EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 10:03 am

Agree. Bisping is kind of like Franklin in that you know you are not going to get your head taken off. Their game plan is to outpoint you and not necessarily cause a lot of damage or knock you out.

The other reason is that Bisping will certainly stand and bang with you, which is exactly what the second best pure striker in UFC history wants. It's a great matchup for Vitor, and I think he is in the same conversation for a title fight. However, (only) because he recently got KO'd by Silva, I'd rather Munoz get that #1 contender fight with Bisping.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22854

PostSubject: Re: Jesus!!!! Vitor wants bisping then title shot   Jesus!!!! Vitor wants bisping then title shot EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 10:18 am

But that fight with Anderson was so fast.... does it even count....

cheers Troll
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35196

PostSubject: Re: Jesus!!!! Vitor wants bisping then title shot   Jesus!!!! Vitor wants bisping then title shot EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 10:28 am

For entertainment purposes, I want to see Vitor fight Silva again. If it wasn't for Munoz also being a deserving candidate for a #1 contender spot, I think Bisping/Vitor would be the perfect fight.
However, I personally like to break ties with fresh blood.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59448

PostSubject: Re: Jesus!!!! Vitor wants bisping then title shot   Jesus!!!! Vitor wants bisping then title shot EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 3:36 pm

Gecko wrote:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1237181-vitor-belfort-wants-michael-bisping-then-a-title-shot

Does every one under the sun want to fight Bisping? What is it about the guy that every one seems to have an urge to fight him?
I want to fight him every time I see him on TV. I could list the reasons for you, but come on now. You really don't see why people don't like him?
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Jesus!!!! Vitor wants bisping then title shot   Jesus!!!! Vitor wants bisping then title shot EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 3:54 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:
Gecko wrote:

I want to fight him every time I see him on TV. I could list the reasons for you, but come on now. You really don't see why people don't like him?

To be honest no i really dont. i know some peeps think he's a douche and so be it. but lets be honest there are just as big douches if not bigger than Bisping in the UFC.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Jesus!!!! Vitor wants bisping then title shot   Jesus!!!! Vitor wants bisping then title shot EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 5:14 pm

Gecko wrote:
Triggerman99 wrote:
Gecko wrote:

To be honest no i really dont. i know some peeps think he's a douche and so be it. but lets be honest there are just as big douches if not bigger than Bisping in the UFC.
For sure there are. But it doesn't change the fact that he himself is still a douche. I don't know if that's why Vitor wants to fight him (probably not), but I have heard a lot of fighters say they want to fight him for almost strictly personal reasons...... because he's a douche.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12614

PostSubject: Re: Jesus!!!! Vitor wants bisping then title shot   Jesus!!!! Vitor wants bisping then title shot EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 1:24 pm

I have met Bisping twice now and both times he was easily the nicest fighter I had ever met...EVER.

And i have met a LOT of fighters at events.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Jesus!!!! Vitor wants bisping then title shot   Jesus!!!! Vitor wants bisping then title shot EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 7:46 am

FistK wrote:
I have met Bisping twice now and both times he was easily the nicest fighter I had ever met...EVER.

And i have met a LOT of fighters at events.

I cant even begin to tell you how jelous i am of you right now. But i am glad to hear he seems like a nice guy in person. I hope i get a chance to meet him some time.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5735

PostSubject: Re: Jesus!!!! Vitor wants bisping then title shot   Jesus!!!! Vitor wants bisping then title shot EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 8:40 am

Triggerman99 wrote:
Gecko wrote:
Triggerman99 wrote:
Gecko wrote:

For sure there are. But it doesn't change the fact that he himself is still a douche. I don't know if that's why Vitor wants to fight him (probably not), but I have heard a lot of fighters say they want to fight him for almost strictly personal reasons...... because he's a douche.

To be fair Nick is a douche too..... but being a douche doesn't stop fan love.... heh Tank was the biggest super sized douche and I STILL like him.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Jesus!!!! Vitor wants bisping then title shot   Jesus!!!! Vitor wants bisping then title shot EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 9:13 pm

Krieger wrote:
Triggerman99 wrote:
Gecko wrote:
Triggerman99 wrote:
Gecko wrote:

To be fair Nick is a douche too..... but being a douche doesn't stop fan love.... heh Tank was the biggest super sized douche and I STILL like him.
But that's just it:

I never said Nick Diaz is a good and upright person. If you really pay attention to what I'm saying when I defend Diaz, you'll see that I have never once defended Nick Diaz the person. I've always defended him as a fighter when people say he's overrated or he can't do this or that (and I've always rubbed it in people's faces when I turned out to be right Cool ), but I don't blindly defend everything he is and does just because he's my favorite fighter. I never said he should smoke weed, he should start brawls, or he shouldn't be held accountable for his actions. Have I said that he's unfairly targeted at times? Absolutely. But that doesn't mean I absolve him of doing anything wrong in the first place.
I understand he's an idiot and does stupid shit, and I understand why people don't like him, but that doesn't mean I'm not still gonna be a fan.
I can be a fan of the guy without forever trying to convince myself that he's perfect. I'm a fan of Nick Diaz the fighter. Who he is as a person doesn't really affect that.
Trust me, I take great pride and care in being objective when it comes to how I debate Nick Diaz with you guys on here, because I know I'll be called out in a heartbeat if I don't. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Jesus!!!! Vitor wants bisping then title shot   Jesus!!!! Vitor wants bisping then title shot EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 2:14 am

But that's just it:

Gecko and Krieger never said THE COUNT is a good and upright person. If you really pay attention to what WE'RE saying when WE defend BISPING, you'll see that WE have never once defended BISPING the person. WE've always defended him as a fighter when people say he's overrated or he can't do this or that (and WE've always rubbed it in people's faces when WE turned out to be right Cool ), but WE don't blindly defend everything he is and does just because he's OUR favorite fighter. WE never said he should smoke weed, he should start brawls, or he shouldn't be held accountable for his actions. Have WE said that he's unfairly targeted at times? Absolutely. But that doesn't mean WE absolve him of doing anything wrong in the first place.
WE understand he's THE GREATEST FIGHTER EVER and does stupid shit, and WE understand why people LOVE THE COUNT, but that doesn't mean WE'RE not still gonna be a fan.
WE can be a fan of the COUNT without forever trying to convince OURSELVES that he's perfect. WE'RE fan'S of MICHAEL (THE COUNT) BISPING the fighter. Who he is as a person doesn't really affect that.
Trust US, WE take great pride and care in being objective when it comes to how WE debate THE COUNT with you guys on here, because WE know WE'll be called out in a heartbeat if WE don't. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Jesus!!!! Vitor wants bisping then title shot   Jesus!!!! Vitor wants bisping then title shot EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 2:18 am

Heh ^^^^^^ see what I did there..... man ... is that copyright infringement?

Ever notice how no one comes to TANK'S assistance when someone calls HIM a douche!

Heh Just fuking wit ya Trigg.... I'm a douche too!
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Jesus!!!! Vitor wants bisping then title shot   Jesus!!!! Vitor wants bisping then title shot EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 3:14 am

I see what you did there (lol), but it's innacurate.

Gecko does in fact believe that Bisping is perfect, while I admit that while Diaz is my favorite fighter, he is not perfect.

I don't mean this to shit on gecko, but only to convey that I am in fact objective and realistic, because to be outright blinded by your own fandom hinders your points during debate in the eyes of those you are debating.

I would love to say that I agree with everything that Diaz does because it would be much easier to follow him as a fan, but it's just not plausible. I'm a fan, but I'm still logical.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Jesus!!!! Vitor wants bisping then title shot   Jesus!!!! Vitor wants bisping then title shot EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 10:12 am

Triggerman99 wrote:
I see what you did there (lol), but it's innacurate.

Gecko does in fact believe that Bisping is perfect, while I admit that while Diaz is my favorite fighter, he is not perfect.

I don't mean this to shit on gecko, but only to convey that I am in fact objective and realistic, because to be outright blinded by your own fandom hinders your points during debate in the eyes of those you are debating.

I would love to say that I agree with everything that Diaz does because it would be much easier to follow him as a fan, but it's just not plausible. I'm a fan, but I'm still logical.

So what are you saying excatly, he isnt ? lol! just kidding around guys. I dont think bisping is perfect but i do feel people crap on him as a person without really knowing the person.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jesus!!!! Vitor wants bisping then title shot   Jesus!!!! Vitor wants bisping then title shot Empty

Back to top Go down

Jesus!!!! Vitor wants bisping then title shot
Page 1 of 1