The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Wanderlei Silva Running From Retirement Vote_lcapWanderlei Silva Running From Retirement Voting_barWanderlei Silva Running From Retirement Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Wanderlei Silva Running From Retirement Vote_lcapWanderlei Silva Running From Retirement Voting_barWanderlei Silva Running From Retirement Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Wanderlei Silva Running From Retirement

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22842

Wanderlei Silva Running From Retirement Empty
PostSubject: Wanderlei Silva Running From Retirement   Wanderlei Silva Running From Retirement EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 4:06 pm

Wanderlei Silva Running From Retirement Wandyyycopy

Quote :
For 15 edge-of-your-seat years, Wanderlei Silva (Pictured) has participated in some of the most spectacular fights in MMA history. However, much like an NFL running back, there are only so many hits the human body can endure before it’s time to call it quits.

Although Silva dropped his last scrap in devastating fashion, which was his sixth loss in his last eight outings, the 35-year-old doesn’t believe the end is near.

“I have a lot of fans in the world that want to watch my fights, and what has happened in the last fight can happen with everybody,” Silva expressed during today’s conference call. “The first three minutes everybody is strong, one punch finish the fight. You can’t tell Cain Velasquez to retire right now because he lost in one minute. This can happen with everybody.

“One fight can’t tell you about a fighter. I know I’m going to fight again, again and again and again.”

Whoa, that is a lot of ‘agains.’ Especially when you consider that out of his last six losses, his UFC 132 defeat to Chris Leben was his fourth of the lights out variety. UFC president Dana White had even stated after the bout that it was “probably the end of the road for Wanderlei.”

Fortunately for fight fans – or unfortunately, depending upon what happens at UFC 139 – “The Axe Murderer” professes there’s plenty more gas left in his tank.

“No, I never give up,” Silva emphatically stated. “I’m fighting for 20 years of my life. I’m healthy. I feel good and I’m in great condition and I’m going to prove that on Saturday.”

source
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7951

PostSubject: Re: Wanderlei Silva Running From Retirement   Wanderlei Silva Running From Retirement EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 9:45 pm

WAR
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15316

PostSubject: Re: Wanderlei Silva Running From Retirement   Wanderlei Silva Running From Retirement EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 7:53 am

I want to see Silva and Bisping 2.
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

Standard Cash : 5915

PostSubject: Re: Wanderlei Silva Running From Retirement   Wanderlei Silva Running From Retirement EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 10:02 am

^
Of course you do, now that he has dropped 6 of his last 8 fight;
and it is a perfect time for Bisping to get his revenge. Then again knowing,
that Bisping lost to him during those 8 fights makes it seem like a waste of time
for the rematch; although I will admit it was a closely contested bout, Wande
won unanimously imo.

When Miller beats Bisping, he won't even be qualified to fight Josh haynes let
alone get a rematch with Wande. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15316

PostSubject: Re: Wanderlei Silva Running From Retirement   Wanderlei Silva Running From Retirement EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 10:10 am

lambhimself wrote:
^
Of course you do, now that he has dropped 6 of his last 8 fight;
and it is a perfect time for Bisping to get his revenge. Then again knowing,
that Bisping lost to him during those 8 fights makes it seem like a waste of time
for the rematch; although I will admit it was a closely contested bout, Wande
won unanimously imo.

When Miller beats Bisping, he won't even be qualified to fight Josh haynes let
alone get a rematch with Wande. Very Happy

and then you wake up!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5723

PostSubject: Re: Wanderlei Silva Running From Retirement   Wanderlei Silva Running From Retirement EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 1:07 pm

I'd like to see a CAT or MRI of his brain cause Im sure it looks a lot like this...
Wanderlei Silva Running From Retirement 220px-Traumaticbraininjury2010
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

Standard Cash : 5915

PostSubject: Re: Wanderlei Silva Running From Retirement   Wanderlei Silva Running From Retirement EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 2:05 pm

^WHo daT?

All these TKO's and KO's aren't good for a guys brain forsure;
look a t Ali as a prime example and he won most of his fights.

Scary shit affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wanderlei Silva Running From Retirement   Wanderlei Silva Running From Retirement Empty

Back to top Go down

Wanderlei Silva Running From Retirement
Page 1 of 1