The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Jon Jones denies Steven Seagal locker room entry  Vote_lcapJon Jones denies Steven Seagal locker room entry  Voting_barJon Jones denies Steven Seagal locker room entry  Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Jon Jones denies Steven Seagal locker room entry  Vote_lcapJon Jones denies Steven Seagal locker room entry  Voting_barJon Jones denies Steven Seagal locker room entry  Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Jon Jones denies Steven Seagal locker room entry

Go down 
+4
Triggerman99
stock
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
8 posters
AuthorMessage
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7703

Jon Jones denies Steven Seagal locker room entry  Empty
PostSubject: Jon Jones denies Steven Seagal locker room entry    Jon Jones denies Steven Seagal locker room entry  EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 1:51 pm

Quote :
Executive Decision: Jon Jones denies Steven Seagal locker room entry

Save it for Black House, Steve-O.

Bloated B-Movie action star Steven Seagal has recently been mingling with high-profile UFC fighters like Lyoto Machida and Anderson Silva. He's even gone so far as to take credit for some of their recent victories over Vitor Belfort (Silva) and Randy Couture (Machida).

The Black House team members seemed to have welcomed Seagal with open arms; however, it seems not every mixed martial arts fighter is so keen to welcome him.

Speaking after his victory over "Rampage" Jackson this past weekend (Sept. 24) at UFC 135, Jon Jones reveals that Seagal asked to speak to him for some pre-fight "words of encouragement" -- but the light heavyweight champ was having none of it.

Said "Bones:"

Bones wrote:

"Yeah he called me a few days before the fight and just told me that he felt as if I was going to win the fight and that he saw a lot in my skill set and he thought he could help and he was wondering if he could come and talk to me backstage before the fight and give me some words of encouragement. I did not think that would be a good idea, my training staff works very hard on me and I'm their prodigy and I don’t want to disrespect them by welcoming someone else's master into our room, into our family."

Peace out!

What do you think Maniacs, is Seagal simply trying to grab onto as much fame as he can by snuggling up to the most high profile MMA stars and take credit for their success?

Or maybe he is just a good guy that wants to spread his words of wisdom and his "experience" in fighting to the young champions?

Whatever the case may be, Seagal may have to stick with Team Black House because Jackson's camp is having none of it.

The Sauce

Lol Steven can't make a name for himself off of any high profile tomdickharry mma fighter.
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones denies Steven Seagal locker room entry    Jon Jones denies Steven Seagal locker room entry  EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 1:52 pm

I would not be surprised if Steven tried Georges St. Pierre next.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15321

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones denies Steven Seagal locker room entry    Jon Jones denies Steven Seagal locker room entry  EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 3:42 pm

funny enough i give jones props for saying no to his entry and yes he is riding every ones coat tails cause he is a joke in the martial art world for one and second he is trying to stay relevant in anything at this point. i wish anderson silva didnt do that, kind of hurts my outlook on him.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35189

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones denies Steven Seagal locker room entry    Jon Jones denies Steven Seagal locker room entry  EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 3:45 pm

^^^
This.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59441

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones denies Steven Seagal locker room entry    Jon Jones denies Steven Seagal locker room entry  EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 4:09 pm

Whatever.
If fighters want to take advice from Segal, I say more power to them. Take anything you can get to stay ahead of the curve I suppose.
But it's really arrogant and lame of Segal to actually call a fighter and invite himself into their inner circle to "offer words of encouragement". If someone wants your advice, they'll ask for it. If not, they won't. It's not up to you if they do or don't.
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones denies Steven Seagal locker room entry    Jon Jones denies Steven Seagal locker room entry  EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 6:10 pm

I hope Blackhouse slowly starts to not associate themselves with Steven becuzz for f'k sakes he called Anderson and Lyoto his children!!!! lol...
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35189

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones denies Steven Seagal locker room entry    Jon Jones denies Steven Seagal locker room entry  EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 9:52 am

And that Segal would not last 2 minutes against any guy in the UFC ... even when he was younger.

Just seems he's trying to gain popularity by latching onto these guys, in hopes of landing another movie gig.
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9480

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones denies Steven Seagal locker room entry    Jon Jones denies Steven Seagal locker room entry  EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 10:41 am

This would make an awesome MS Paint picture. Segal standing in the hallway outside Jones' locker room, holding flowers and candy with a little tear coming down his cheek.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5728

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones denies Steven Seagal locker room entry    Jon Jones denies Steven Seagal locker room entry  EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 4:50 pm

Meh.... who really cares? He's in he's out.... no big deal either way. I don't like the hate Segal is making for himself but what the heck who wouldnt want to hang out pre or post-fight with these dudes if you can? I would ...
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59441

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones denies Steven Seagal locker room entry    Jon Jones denies Steven Seagal locker room entry  EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 5:23 pm

Agreed.
I don't care for Steven Seagal. He's always been a joke to me. But I don't think he's doing anything outright wrong here. He's trying to use his "celebrity" power to get in good with famous athletes. Happens all the time.

He says some some toolbag things, but eh, what're ya gonna do?
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones denies Steven Seagal locker room entry    Jon Jones denies Steven Seagal locker room entry  EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 6:36 pm

I personally only enjoyed "Out For Justice" and "Under Seige" part one.
Exit Wounds was not too bad either becuz of DMX.
Back to top Go down
KingPin
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
KingPin

Standard Cash : 5186

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones denies Steven Seagal locker room entry    Jon Jones denies Steven Seagal locker room entry  EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 11:08 pm

audio of JJ's reflection on the incident

Back to top Go down
Zacchaeus
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Zacchaeus

Standard Cash : 5395

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones denies Steven Seagal locker room entry    Jon Jones denies Steven Seagal locker room entry  EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 1:45 am

If I were in one of these fighters shoes I would say no to Segal coming in before the fight as well. If he wanted to come in afterward to congratulate me then fine, come on in. If he wanted to meet with me for a private session in between training camps then fine as well. If my training camp wanted him there then that is a different story. I would not want any extra distractions leading up to a fight at any time. Whether that be weeks before the fight or minutes before. I agree with Jones on what he said and how he handled it.
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones denies Steven Seagal locker room entry    Jon Jones denies Steven Seagal locker room entry  EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 2:21 am

KingPin wrote:
audio of JJ's reflection on the incident

Awesome. Jones played this one well.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15321

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones denies Steven Seagal locker room entry    Jon Jones denies Steven Seagal locker room entry  EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 8:38 am

DEP wrote:
This would make an awesome MS Paint picture. Segal standing in the hallway outside Jones' locker room, holding flowers and candy with a little tear coming down his cheek.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones denies Steven Seagal locker room entry    Jon Jones denies Steven Seagal locker room entry  Empty

Back to top Go down

Jon Jones denies Steven Seagal locker room entry
Page 1 of 1