The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Guss gets winner of jones and glover, jones doesnt think gus deserves a rematch Vote_lcapGuss gets winner of jones and glover, jones doesnt think gus deserves a rematch Voting_barGuss gets winner of jones and glover, jones doesnt think gus deserves a rematch Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Guss gets winner of jones and glover, jones doesnt think gus deserves a rematch Vote_lcapGuss gets winner of jones and glover, jones doesnt think gus deserves a rematch Voting_barGuss gets winner of jones and glover, jones doesnt think gus deserves a rematch Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Guss gets winner of jones and glover, jones doesnt think gus deserves a rematch

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15323

Guss gets winner of jones and glover, jones doesnt think gus deserves a rematch Empty
PostSubject: Guss gets winner of jones and glover, jones doesnt think gus deserves a rematch   Guss gets winner of jones and glover, jones doesnt think gus deserves a rematch EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 10:16 am

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/what-to-make-of-the-ufc-light-heavyweight-title-picture-031242755-mma.html

oh bones, bones. At one point I used to like the guy but 'im pretty fat up with all his nonsense about who should be next inline. first he says DC needs to win at least 3-4 more fight before he gets a title shot and now just took to twitter saying that dc and Gus should fight to get number 1 contender...what?!!!

First he needs to fight several more times now he should just fight Gus? And jones please tell me in the LHW picture who more worthy of the next title match than Gus? I don't think jones wants anything to do with Gus and doesn't want to chance a loss to DC. Either way bones your stock with me has gone down greatly. I really don't think there is a more pompous fighter out there then jones right now.

Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5730

Guss gets winner of jones and glover, jones doesnt think gus deserves a rematch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guss gets winner of jones and glover, jones doesnt think gus deserves a rematch   Guss gets winner of jones and glover, jones doesnt think gus deserves a rematch EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 12:02 pm

Heh Jones is getting a taste of being the champ and facing the top five of divisions over and over and over again.
Gustaffson is a smart rematch, a money rematch, and the best chance on the horizon to dethrone the champ. Heck I'd want to fight a tank too! Jones just wants Gustaffson and Cormier to soften each other up before he has to eye-poke em in defense of his title.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10304

PostSubject: Re: Guss gets winner of jones and glover, jones doesnt think gus deserves a rematch   Guss gets winner of jones and glover, jones doesnt think gus deserves a rematch EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 12:46 pm

I'm with Gecko...I'm quickly getting over Jones...I loved the dude at first, but I've found myself wanting Gus to take the belt from him. I guess this is what they're talking about when they talk about a fighter being a good champion or a good representative as a title holder. Thus far Jones is appearing to not have the mental fortitude to withhold the title.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15323

PostSubject: Re: Guss gets winner of jones and glover, jones doesnt think gus deserves a rematch   Guss gets winner of jones and glover, jones doesnt think gus deserves a rematch EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 12:56 pm

What I would love more than anything right now. is for gus to win the title from bones and when bones demands a rematch gus should just say I beat you soundly and you need to go string a few wins together before you can fight me again. See how bones likes it when the shoe is on the other foot for better lack of words.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59443

PostSubject: Re: Guss gets winner of jones and glover, jones doesnt think gus deserves a rematch   Guss gets winner of jones and glover, jones doesnt think gus deserves a rematch EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 3:08 pm

So then who the hell does Jones think should get the next shot? I'm not saying he's trying to duck anybody or anything, but how the fuck does he expect this to go?
IMO the order of title contenders ranks like this; Texiera, then Gustaffson, then (if they all keep winning), Davis, Evans, and Cormier, in that order. Cormier hasn't done shit in the division yet, so he should probably just shut the hell up fight for a little while. Davis actually has a legitimate gripe, and should be closer to a title shot than he seems to be right now. And while Evans probably wouldn't fair much better against Jones than he did the first time (if Jones were in fact still the champ), there aren't many fighters in the division better than him.

As far as Jones, god, is he intentionally trying to make himself look like a whiney douchebag? It's one thing to go on Twitter and state your preference on you should or shouldn't have to fight next, but then he has to go a step further and pull that middle school shit and try to get two other fighters mad at each other to try and make them want to fight with that stupid little "Oh, maybe DC and Gus are afraid to fight each other or something". What a tool.
Then again, I get really annoyed every time a fighter uses Twitter to voice his opinion on who he should fight next. It's basically just petting your own ego by putting your idea out there, knowing that all your loyal Twitter followers are going to agree with you no matter how stupid your idea is. It's kind of like a dad asking his kids if they think he is the strongest guy in the world. of course they're gonna say yes. You wouldn't have asked them if you thought they might say no.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7958

PostSubject: Re: Guss gets winner of jones and glover, jones doesnt think gus deserves a rematch   Guss gets winner of jones and glover, jones doesnt think gus deserves a rematch EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 3:18 pm

this guy, he proved to me to be a douchebag when he fought shogun and hasnt done anything to disprove that since.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guss gets winner of jones and glover, jones doesnt think gus deserves a rematch   Guss gets winner of jones and glover, jones doesnt think gus deserves a rematch Empty

Back to top Go down

Guss gets winner of jones and glover, jones doesnt think gus deserves a rematch
Page 1 of 1