The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
White: Jones/Gustafsson Rematch Does & it doesn’t make sense Vote_lcapWhite: Jones/Gustafsson Rematch Does & it doesn’t make sense Voting_barWhite: Jones/Gustafsson Rematch Does & it doesn’t make sense Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
White: Jones/Gustafsson Rematch Does & it doesn’t make sense Vote_lcapWhite: Jones/Gustafsson Rematch Does & it doesn’t make sense Voting_barWhite: Jones/Gustafsson Rematch Does & it doesn’t make sense Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

White: Jones/Gustafsson Rematch Does & it doesn’t make sense

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22860

White: Jones/Gustafsson Rematch Does & it doesn’t make sense Empty
PostSubject: White: Jones/Gustafsson Rematch Does & it doesn’t make sense   White: Jones/Gustafsson Rematch Does & it doesn’t make sense EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 12:00 pm

Quote :
“I gave it to Jones. Yeah, I had Jones winning the fight,” White stated Monday after catching a replay of UFC 165‘s featured attraction. “I gave Jones the – the second round was tough, I can’t remember [who I gave that round to] – he definitely won the last two rounds.
“I’m having a rough day today. I’m trying to remember what rounds I gave [Jones], but I had him winning the fight. I had him winning the fight, no doubt about it. No controversy whatsoever.”
Despite having all three judges award Jones the victory, which made him the most decorated light heavyweight champion in UFC history with six straight title defenses, most fans inside Air Canada Centre pelted “Bones” with boos after the verdict was rendered because they believed Gustafsson was robbed.
With a thrilling back-and-forth battle like that, where Jones was taken into deep waters for the first time in his young yet illustrious career, fans and White alike were talking instant rematch right after the 25-minute fight concluded. “Who doesn’t want to see that rematch?” White asked to kick-off UFC 165′s post-fight press conference.
Although, upon further examination, White now may not want to see it. At least not immediately, anyway.
“It does and it doesn’t [make sense], in the fact that they are both young guys,” White said of the logic behind arranging an instant sequel. “Jones won the fight, the judges made the right decision. It was a great fight, close fight. It was a war, but the champion won.
“So, maybe Glover [Teixeira] fights [Jones] next. We don’t know, but I’m getting together with [UFC co-owner Lorenzo Fertitta] on Wednesday and we’re gonna talk about it and see what we want to do.”
Did you hear that ruckus? That was Teixeira doing optimistic Yes! cartwheels.
source

RAGING!
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5741

White: Jones/Gustafsson Rematch Does & it doesn’t make sense Empty
PostSubject: Re: White: Jones/Gustafsson Rematch Does & it doesn’t make sense   White: Jones/Gustafsson Rematch Does & it doesn’t make sense EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 1:40 pm

The big problem here is... how much of a beating can one fighter take?

We saw this in the epic battle between Forrest and Bonnar. They beat each other relentlessly for their fight and... never really the same.

Jones took his first real beating.
Gustafsson took his first real beating.

The question is ... 'how will these fighters respond to these beatings in the future'.
Back to top Go down

White: Jones/Gustafsson Rematch Does & it doesn’t make sense
Page 1 of 1