The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
“Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way - Page 2 Vote_lcap“Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way - Page 2 Voting_bar“Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
“Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way - Page 2 Vote_lcap“Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way - Page 2 Voting_bar“Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

“Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way

Go down 
+12
couture fan
the commie
9Teen_AT4
stock
DEP
Dloc
Gecko
Berserk
Billytk
samger2
Krieger
Chrom
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59444

“Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way   “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 5:29 pm

So did Vera..... and Matyushenko...... and Bader......... and Shogun.............. and Rampage.

Wink
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22850

PostSubject: Re: “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way   “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 6:29 pm

Vera/No
The Janitor/No
Bader/I thought so
Shogun/Still does
Rampage/IDK What the fuck happened
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10305

PostSubject: Re: “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way   “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 7:27 pm

I've thought about the Jones train...and I think I'm on it. The reason being, it appears he's got the ability to play with his opponents for as long as he'd like and then go in for the kill and end it when he sees fit. There aren't too many fighters that can do that.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way   “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 7:48 pm

fuck yo hype train!!!!
“Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way - Page 2 Tumblr11
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way   “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 2:04 am

I wonder how long this "hype" thing is gonna go on for. What does the guy have to do get out of the "hype" genre and into the "legit" one?
I mean, he has absolutely smoked everybody who was supposed to test him, and every time he makes another top fighter look stupid, people just make another excuse for why it happened.

It reminds me of Anderson Silva in a sense. Doesn't matter how much ass he kickes or how many fights he wins with scary ease, detractors will wait for that one slip-up or less-than-stellar performance, and point to that as his defining moment, and say that is the only fight that means anything.....completely disregarding all the ass-kickery.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way   “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 9:00 am

I agree. And that's why I've decided to be part of the hype
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way   “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 9:21 am

Yeah all of Silva's ass-kickery... when he chooses to fight and not dance. Anderson Silva gets criticized because he chooses to half ass it when ever he wants and then plays it off with some BS. Topped off with him not wanting to test his skill set against certain fighters. I can't say the same about Jones, he has faced almost every style that I can think of and done well, he's not trying to avoid any fights or styles... aside from Rashad I suppose... that whole ordeal was odd though, so who knows what really happened. I have nothing bad to say about Jones, I do how ever refuse to jump on a his bandwagon especially this far into the game and of course I can't stand some of the "fedoresque" fans he gets.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15324

PostSubject: Re: “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way   “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 12:25 pm

2-3 good solid title defenses i will believe the hype. light heavy weight belt gets tossed around alot.If he gets 3-4 solid title defensives he is the real deal.Rampage, Forrest,rashad,machida,shougun.Chuck was the last guy to have any kind of title run.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way   “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 12:49 pm

That's a good point Gecko....and I agree with that as well. Heck we all thought Machida was gonna be the next ruler of the division...we can all see how that went.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way   “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 1:50 pm

Chrom wrote:
Yeah all of Silva's ass-kickery... when he chooses to fight and not dance. Anderson Silva gets criticized because he chooses to half ass it when ever he wants and then plays it off with some BS. Topped off with him not wanting to test his skill set against certain fighters. I can't say the same about Jones, he has faced almost every style that I can think of and done well, he's not trying to avoid any fights or styles... aside from Rashad I suppose... that whole ordeal was odd though, so who knows what really happened. I have nothing bad to say about Jones, I do how ever refuse to jump on a his bandwagon especially this far into the game and of course I can't stand some of the "fedoresque" fans he gets.

He has a lot of people refusing to accept how good he really is. That's undeniable. The dancing thing is whole different subject altogether; it has nothing to do with his skillset or talent (except maybe it proves that he is so good that he can choose to fuck around whenever he pleases and still win easily).
I don't see where you can justifiably say Silva doesn't want to "test himself against certain fighters" or he's avoiding a certain style. What exactly has he ever avoided.
Striking-Rich Franklin and Vitor Belfort (among others) beaten handily by Silva.
Jiu Jitsu-Demian Maia and Thales Leites looked like they didn't even have the right to be in there with Silva.
Wrestling- Dan Henderson and Chael Sonnen both defeated by submission.

So what's this mystery style of fighting that you are reffering to that Silva is avoiding? Capoeira? Tae Bo?

As far as Jones. Yeah, it's still early, so who knows where this is gonna go. It just seems to me that he is one of those fighters who is always doubted and second-guessed no matter what he does, and I don't see that trend changing anytime soon. He could beat Shogun 4 times and people would say "yeah, but if they fought again Shogun would win because.....".
Now that I think about it, maybe it's the free passes that guys like Shogun get that really bother me, and not so much the doubt placed on Jones. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way   “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 3:05 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:
He has a lot of people refusing to accept how good he really is. That's undeniable. The dancing thing is whole different subject altogether; it has nothing to do with his skillset or talent (except maybe it proves that he is so good that he can choose to fuck around whenever he pleases and still win easily).
I don't see where you can justifiably say Silva doesn't want to "test himself against certain fighters" or he's avoiding a certain style. What exactly has he ever avoided.
Striking-Rich Franklin and Vitor Belfort (among others) beaten handily by Silva.
Jiu Jitsu-Demian Maia and Thales Leites looked like they didn't even have the right to be in there with Silva.

So what's this mystery style of fighting that you are reffering to that Silva is avoiding? Capoeira? Tae Bo?
He's been pretty vocal about who he would and wouldn't fight. He said he wouldn't fight Jones... who happens to be a wrestler thats the same size as Anderson... and has striking, amongst others. He's been known to "put up a fight" when offered wrestlers. Henderson left to Strikeforce due to that very thing.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way   “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 4:48 pm

Chrom wrote:
Triggerman99 wrote:

He's been pretty vocal about who he would and wouldn't fight. He said he wouldn't fight Jones... who happens to be a wrestler thats the same size as Anderson... and has striking, amongst others. He's been known to "put up a fight" when offered wrestlers. Henderson left to Strikeforce due to that very thing.
What?!
Jones is humongous as a light heavyweight, and you're knocking Silva for not wanting to fight him? Silva is a MW; always has been. Just because he has fought above his weight class doesn't mean he should be forced to fight above his weight class against the champion who absolutley dwarfs him. I can't believe you're holding that against him. That's shocking to me.

And Henderson said he left the UFC because he couldn't get a rematch with Anderson. That doesn't make it fact just because he said it. IMO it's a bitch move anyway. He had his shot and lost. He should just keep fighting until he gets another shot if he wants one that badly. If he wanted to fight Silva again that badly, he wouldn't have left for SF, would he? On the other hand, Dana said Henderson left because he was asking for obscene rockstar money and they couldn't come to a middle ground. I don't know if it's true, but I'm just saying "he said he said" doesn't prove anything.
I don't see how Anderson can be avoiding Hendo when we all watched Hendo get choked out hard by Silva once already.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way   “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 6:02 pm

Listen, when you go out of your way to invite people over to befriend them, shortly after talks of you possibly fighting them... to only later say you would never fight him because "he's a friend" is fucked. I don't care who you are, it's bull shit. Hendo lightly spoke of it today at the presser and Dana gave him a look then went on to defend Silva. Rolling Eyes
Hendo wrote:
"Whether you like it or not, Anderson and his management have done their best to avoid a rematch. I think I’ve proven myelf worthy to face him again, and if he believes I’m such an easy fight, why not take the payday? I would not have left the UFC if it wasn’t obvious that Anderson was avoiding a second fight, and he’s doing it again.”
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way   “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 7:31 pm

I'm not trying to be a dick, but I really don't know what the fuck you are talking about. LOL

Honestly, I couldn't follow that at all. Can you clarify who or what you are reffering to?
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way   “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 9:50 am

Silva on Twitter wrote:
Lets go to my Premier event at Tribeca Film Festival to my Documentary " Like Water" if U can go let me know ok? RT @Jonnybones
April 14, 2011 7:04 pm via EchofonReplyRetweetFavorite
@SpiderAnderson
Anderson Silva

after that one Film Festival Silva responds to a fight with Jones:
“No chance, [Jon Jones] is in a different weight class, we are friends and we won’t fight each other.”

Bullshit!

See I can kinda understand the "I won't fight a training partner" stance, I don't like it, but at least its kind of understandable. But this... This to me is an elaborate way to duck a fighter.

As for the Hendo part, I was simply pointing out that yesterday at the presser in San Jose Henderson said the first fight back that was agreed to was a rematch with Silva. But it for some reason was changed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way   “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

“Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2