The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Rampage Jackson calls for UFC release..... Again  Vote_lcapRampage Jackson calls for UFC release..... Again  Voting_barRampage Jackson calls for UFC release..... Again  Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Rampage Jackson calls for UFC release..... Again  Vote_lcapRampage Jackson calls for UFC release..... Again  Voting_barRampage Jackson calls for UFC release..... Again  Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Rampage Jackson calls for UFC release..... Again

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7694

Rampage Jackson calls for UFC release..... Again  Empty
PostSubject: Rampage Jackson calls for UFC release..... Again    Rampage Jackson calls for UFC release..... Again  EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 2:18 pm

Rampage Jackson calls for UFC release..... Again  GYI0060588897
Quote :
I'd tell you to stop me if you've heard this before but let's be real, we all know you've heard this before and I'm not stopping.

That's because this is most definitely not the first time Quinton Jackson has taken to his personal Twitter account to have a meltdown regarding his employers, Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC).

This time, the former light heavyweight champion is claiming the powers that be have told him he's "lost his appeal." That, combined with what he considers low pay, has led "Rampage" to once again call for his release.

I'm sure somewhere UFC President Dana White is shaking his head.

Here are a series of tweets from Jackson detailing his various issues:

Quote :

@kingjamesmma dude I don't care about this loss! I'm upset with the lack of respect ... @OldNickSuperchi the ufc makes billions off us all over the world,n pay us chump change! Boxers r boring but making buckets of money,THINK! ... "@OUnab: @Rampage4real Go Rampage! You're one of the best personality/fighter in mma history, the sport needs u!" @ufc said I lost my appeal ... Well I'm hoping the @ufc just let me go so I can do my thang,they took my love of fighting after the Forest fight! #bloodtypeBpositive ... @CincyWG89 n this is y I don't wanna fight 4 them anymore,Pride did the same 2 me! ... @skanksideup y u care that its the ufc? I can fight better fights n a diff show! ... Goodnight 2 my real fans,I got mad love 4 ya,the rest of yall r sheep!! n u don't matter 2 me anyhow,cause u gonna buy my fights anyway Fact."

Quote :
That's a lot of Twitter talk and lack of coherent writing so here's the short summary:

"Rampage" was apparently told by UFC that he's "lost his appeal" and because of this they want to pay him less money. That, of course, caused him to fly off the handle because, as we all know, Jackson is about nothing if not his bank account.

Hence the constant flirtation with boxing and a film career in Hollywood.

Jackson also feels as though his star power is still high enough that he could make a great deal of cash flow outside the Octagon and if the UFC just released him, he would move on to do just as well for himself.

Fat chance.

This all comes just a matter of days after his last Twitter meltdown, which Dana White responded to by simply shaking his head and giving his stock "we'll see what happens" answer.

His response to this latest incident would likely be the same. But the longer they do this little dance, the uglier the public battles will get. And now that "Rampage" has lost multiple fights in a row and hasn't looked anything like the killer former champion he once was, it looks like we're inching closer and closer to a UFC sans howling.

Source
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7694

PostSubject: Re: Rampage Jackson calls for UFC release..... Again    Rampage Jackson calls for UFC release..... Again  EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 2:55 pm

'Page is just sad, old and bitter... Let the f'ker go if he wants to go.
Back to top Go down
ToyotaF1Fan
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
ToyotaF1Fan

Standard Cash : 5069

PostSubject: Re: Rampage Jackson calls for UFC release..... Again    Rampage Jackson calls for UFC release..... Again  EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 8:48 pm

Dude talks too much and frankly he is a fringe Top 10 guy who doesn't deserve his pay. He is on a downward spiral as a fighter and I think he should be relegated to Strikeforce and then just let go period.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5719

PostSubject: Re: Rampage Jackson calls for UFC release..... Again    Rampage Jackson calls for UFC release..... Again  EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 10:02 pm

Finish his contract ... hell let him fight Fedor!
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35180

PostSubject: Re: Rampage Jackson calls for UFC release..... Again    Rampage Jackson calls for UFC release..... Again  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 9:12 am

Why should the UFC release him?
Just don't give him any more fights.
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9471

PostSubject: Re: Rampage Jackson calls for UFC release..... Again    Rampage Jackson calls for UFC release..... Again  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 10:02 pm

Bye.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rampage Jackson calls for UFC release..... Again    Rampage Jackson calls for UFC release..... Again  Empty

Back to top Go down

Rampage Jackson calls for UFC release..... Again
Page 1 of 1