The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
 ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144 Vote_lcap ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144 Voting_bar ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144 Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
 ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144 Vote_lcap ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144 Voting_bar ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144 Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144

Go down 
+5
butterknifeninja
Krieger
Triggerman99
stock
Chrom
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22837

‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144 Empty
PostSubject: ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144    ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 8:02 pm

‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144 Rampage
Quote :
Quinton “Rampage” Jackson (Pictured) has revealed his doctor prescribed him Testosterone Replacement Therapy to help heal the knee he injured prior to last weekend’s loss to Ryan Bader. The former UFC light heavyweight champ claims it was his first time dabbling in the highly controversial treatment, but now that he has experienced its magnificence, he’s never planning to go without it.

“I almost pulled out [of UFC 144], but then I went to see the doctor and he told me to talk to an age-management doctor,” Rampage told FightersOnly. “So I went and talked to them and they tested me and said my testosterone was low. They prescribed me testosterone, to bring my testosterone levels back up to levels where … I am the same as young people, like when I was 25, and it would help build my knee up.

“I took what the doctor prescribed to me and I went to the pharmacy … I gave myself small doses and that [expletive] immediately changed me, that’s why I am saying now I am not going to retire.

“I started hitting it up pretty good, I still gotta take care of my knee but I feel like a 25-year-old again … I got stronger, lifting weights. I was never good at lifting weights, but I was doing everything, pull ups and stuff, everything with my top half.”

The 33-year-old blames the weight he gained while on TRT that caused him to tip the scales a whopping five pounds over the limit for a non-title light heavyweight affair.

UFC president Dana White hasn’t been shy about expressing his disdain for TRT (Please see: Nate Marquardt). White, along with many others, believes the treatment provides a loophole which allows athletes to use TRT as a performance-enhancing drug. Rampage was initially hesitant over participating in the regimen, though quickly decided it was the best route to ensure he kept his appointment with Bader.

“I don’t know about health and drugs and stuff because I don’t really deal with it. I was never really big into it,” Rampage added. “So I was like, ‘Testosterone? No, I’m not going to do that, that’s like steroids,’ but then the doctor is like, ‘No, steroids is stuff mixed with testosterone or other stuff, you can get steroids that do all types of things. Steroids for your cardio, for your muscles. Testosterone is all natural, it’s what your body produces.’

“So I spoke to the UFC and they were like, ‘Yeah, a lot of fighters are probably doing it but not telling anyone.’ Me, I keep it real, I am not doing anything wrong. It’s legal and I am not abusing it and I am not going over certain levels. From what I learned about it, when I got tested my levels, my levels were really low and the doctor was telling me that athletes can burn testosterone.

“I feel young again. I’m happy I did the testosterone, I wish I had known about it sooner.”

The cheater’s handbook for TRT suggests athletes are manipulating the regimen while preparing for a fight.
source

not that it helped much....
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35179

PostSubject: Re: ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144    ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 8:16 pm

I don't like Quinton.

However, I see not one thing wrong with what he did here.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59431

PostSubject: Re: ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144    ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 8:39 pm

I don't know about this.

He did say he spoke to the UFC about it, so I guess it's OK.

What's the Commission's stance on this? is it allowed?
I admittedly don't know shit about steroid/testosterone legal levels or whatever. It seems to be handles differently on a case-by-case basis. So if it was me personally, I would say "No thanks, I'll figure this out some other way." Not because it's wrong, but because it's a slippery-slope that seems to be open for interpretation, and I wouldn't want to end up on the wrong side of someone's "opinion".
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144    ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 8:48 am

Pretty sure the commission is fine with it.
Just like they were with other older fighters like Hendu and Couture.

Like Rampage said, there are a ton of guys doing this, but they don't like to talk about it. Rampage doesn't care what people think of him. He found something that helps him recover from injuries and makes him feel young again. It's prescribed by a dr since he has "Low T". I see nothing wrong with it either.
Then again, I don't think any legally obtained drugs/supplements should be on the banned substance list.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5718

PostSubject: Re: ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144    ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 1:53 pm

I cant believe Im using a Baby J quote ... but here we go....

“All this testosterone replacement therapy stuff is total BS. A true martial artist would never consider cheating! If you can’t do it of carbs, fats, proteins and vitamins and minerals you’re weak! Fighters on ‘roids = blue collar crime. Coaches of fighters on ‘roids = white collar crime. Everyone has to come together and get this “ped” cancer out of our sport!”

Caged Insider June 2011
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144    ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 1:55 pm

What I saw in Rampage's fight was a weak old fat man who shouldnt be fighting anymore and extending his career through replacement hormone therapy is cheating.

If your body is saying you're done... then you're done. TRT is cheating reality, know when to pack it in and hang em up.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144    ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 2:01 pm

Quote :
“All this testosterone replacement therapy stuff is total BS. A true martial artist would never consider cheating! If you can’t do it of carbs, fats, proteins and vitamins and minerals you’re weak! Fighters on ‘roids = blue collar crime. Coaches of fighters on ‘roids = white collar crime. Everyone has to come together and get this “ped” cancer out of our sport!”

Yet again, another person who doesn't know what "steroids" really are.
I really don't understand how doctor prescribed hormone replacement therapy is cheating.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144    ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 2:05 pm

Krieger wrote:
What I saw in Rampage's fight was a weak old fat man who shouldnt be fighting anymore and extending his career through replacement hormone therapy is cheating.

If your body is saying you're done... then you're done. TRT is cheating reality, know when to pack it in and hang em up.

This is kind of what I was thinking, too.
If you feel like you're too old to fight, then you're probably too old to fight. Getting a testosterone upgrade to feel younger again is kind of the same thing to me as taking a steroid to feel stronger. I understand that one is legal and one is not, but morally it's the same thing IMO.

I realize he did nothing illegal per the rules, but that doesn't mean I should be OK with it. It is -by Rampage's own admission- a performance enhancer. So why exactly does he think he did nothing wrong?
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144    ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 2:57 pm

stock wrote:
Quote :

Yet again, another person who doesn't know what "steroids" really are.
I really don't understand how doctor prescribed hormone replacement therapy is cheating.

You give far too much credibility to the medical profession in America. Anyone can find a doctor who will prescribe anything. From Oxy to Propofol to TRT or HGH and a wide variaty of steroids to anything in between.

The bottom line is Rampage don't got the juice cause his boys are too small then you don't get to inject it into yer asss.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144    ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 3:38 pm

I think it's on the doctors then. They take an oath and can be subject to extremely severe penalties for "prescribing anything". Malpractice suits, losing their license for practicing medicine, manslaughter charges (Michael Jackson's doctor).

The reality is Jackson failed no tests. His testosterone levels were not above the threshold to test positive for PEDs. He freely informed all since he did nothing wrong. He won't get suspended. He didn't take steroids. And not that it really matters, but do you know that he got it injected in his ass? Most "Low T" treatments are done with oral supplements.
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 3994

PostSubject: Re: ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144    ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 4:08 pm

Is there a certain level they can be at when it comes to testosterone? Because I always thought that one way they tested for PEDs is by measuring those levels - in that case if he is using TRT but keeping his levels at an acceptable rate then it's fine. But putting all that stuff in your body can't be good on some level. If he's getting to that level artificially then at some point his body is going to break down.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144    ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 5:35 pm

^^^
That's kind of why I think it's a risky maneuver in terms of the allowance. The commission may say it's too high, so now what you thought you were doing legally is all of the sudden illegal.

It's a dumb thing to do, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144    ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 7:20 pm

stock wrote:
I think it's on the doctors then. They take an oath and can be subject to extremely severe penalties for "prescribing anything". Malpractice suits, losing their license for practicing medicine, manslaughter charges (Michael Jackson's doctor).

The reality is Jackson failed no tests. His testosterone levels were not above the threshold to test positive for PEDs. He freely informed all since he did nothing wrong. He won't get suspended. He didn't take steroids. And not that it really matters, but do you know that he got it injected in his ass? Most "Low T" treatments are done with oral supplements.

Whatever.... he sure wasn't worth $200 K and I dont see that improving no matter what he injects in his asss or puts in his mouth.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144    ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 8:27 am

That's fine.
My debate was not whether or not Jackson is still a great fighter.

butterknifeninja wrote:
Is there a certain level they can be at when it comes to testosterone? Because I always thought that one way they tested for PEDs is by measuring those levels - in that case if he is using TRT but keeping his levels at an acceptable rate then it's fine. But putting all that stuff in your body can't be good on some level. If he's getting to that level artificially then at some point his body is going to break down.

Why do you assume this. Hormone replacement, steroids, HGH, among many other "peds" have a lot of health benefits that can be beneficial to overall well being, immune system strength, expedited healing, and even prolonged life. Can also be used to treat lung dissorders, STDs and many cancers. Doesn't seem fair that athletes are not allowed to get the same benefts as non-athletes.
Just like with anything you put in your body, it's about the proper dosage.

There are too many people out there that hear the word "Steroids" and automatically think they are going to have head to toe acne, nuts are going to shrivel to the size of peas, and they are going to beat the shit out of their girl friends before they murder suicide their entire family like some sort of shitty After School Special.

Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12597

PostSubject: Re: ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144    ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 9:37 am

Its not cheating in the least. It is only prescribed for fighters who have low testosterone levels.

If guys with normal levels took it they would test positive and be banned. Its only to bring guys back up to normal. BJ has no clue what he is talking about. IT IS DOCTOR prescribed.

If you cut your arm a doctor would prescribe antibiotics to fix it back to normal. Will chemo be cheating next for cancer?

Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144    ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 10:51 am

Jackson even says he uses it as an "age defying" drug. Aging is not a disease to be cured. His body is naturally telling him it is time to quit because he is aging. He is artificially injesting drugs to avoid this reality.

Chemo cheating for cancer? Really thats your arguement for this issue?

scratch
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12597

PostSubject: Re: ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144    ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 11:02 am

Rampage said it defies age to him because it makes him feel better and Rampage is a comedian. It was prescribed to him, because his testosterone levels are lower than they should be and this therapy brings them back to normal levels.

When your testosterone drops, you feel like shit. Bringing them back up to normal is going to feel like the fountain of youth to someone who had no idea why they were feeling like shit.

If you think that this is some miracle drug that delays aging, well then scratch
Back to top Go down
couture fan
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
couture fan

Standard Cash : 5579

PostSubject: Re: ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144    ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 2:37 pm

Rampage guzzling jizz?
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144    ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 4:16 pm

$200 000 for that fight, on TRT, overweight on a knee that is not going to get better and an emotional state ... that after losing is historically volatile at best dangerous at worst... with a stagnant and declining skill set..... let him fight Dan Severn on Strikeforce and use whatever Jizz Juice he wants .... but keep him outta the big leagues.
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9470

PostSubject: Re: ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144    ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 7:19 pm

I agree with Krieger. Rampage wouldn't be anywhere near TRT if he wasn't an athlete. Your body tells you when it's time to hang 'em up, you don't tell your body it's going to keep going with some magic juice.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7946

PostSubject: Re: ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144    ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 8:47 pm

first of all, krieger, aging is a disease. it is considered so by researchers and doctors. and eventually it will be cured.
but in this case, if he has low testosterone level its not the same as aging. it is probably lower than it should be at his age and, hence, he needs help.
now, the question is why does he have a lower level. but who cares, really, hendo does it and i dont care. im sure Randy did it and i dont care..this is something that brings you to the same level as your opponent. not better.
not cheating
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144    ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 9:31 pm

Heh Sly uses TRT and HGH .... and "he is the cure".

Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144    ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 9:34 pm

Hey .... that sucks why wont it play here? Fuking roided out tek geeks..... they probably have no testosterone either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144    ‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144 Empty

Back to top Go down

‘Rampage’ Jackson Used Testosterone Replacement Therapy at UFC 144
Page 1 of 1