The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
“Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way Vote_lcap“Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way Voting_bar“Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
“Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way Vote_lcap“Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way Voting_bar“Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

“Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way

Go down 
+12
couture fan
the commie
9Teen_AT4
stock
DEP
Dloc
Gecko
Berserk
Billytk
samger2
Krieger
Chrom
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22837

“Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way Empty
PostSubject: “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way   “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 12:51 pm

“Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way Ufc-1310
Quote :
This past March, Jon Jones became the youngest champion in company history when he beat Mauricio “Shogun” Rua to capture the light heavyweight crown at UFC 128. Now 24, “Bones” is set to make his first title defense when he meets Quinton “Rampage” Jackson (Pictured) at UFC 135.

While it appears all the chips have fallen right into place for Jones, Rampage claims that’s a good thing because the youngster wouldn’t know what to do if they didn’t. Similarly to when Jones posted the only blemish on his resume when he unleashed illegal north-south elbows on Matt Hamill in December 2009.

“Jon Jones has had everything in his career go right for him,” Rampage wrote in his blog for Yahoo! Sports. “The one time he got a little frustrated, with Hamill, he used an illegal technique that any fan in the stands could have told him was illegal, but he said he didn’t know he couldn’t do that.

“He just don’t know what to do when things aren’t going his way. He couldn’t finish Hamill, so instead of trying something else he cheated and got disqualified.”

Whether Jones panicked during his four minutes and 14 seconds in the Octagon with the now-retired Hamill is up for debate. However, Rampage brought up a first-hand example of what a flustered Jones looks like.

“He’s a kid who’s had it his own way, and the little bit of time he’s not had it exactly how he wants it, he’s sulked and pouted,” Rampage added. “Same thing at the press conference to announce this fight – I was having fun, joking around, selling the fight but I was giving him props! I was being respectful saying he was the future of the sport and how I like his style and all, but then he started pouting.

“Why he pout? Because the media people weren’t laughing at his jokes. So he got a sore booty because they were laughing at my jokes, not his. Jon Jones will have a very sore booty at UFC 135 when I kick it all over the Octagon.”
Source
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5718

PostSubject: Re: “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way   “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 1:57 pm

Hmmmm but I wonder if he will crash into a pregnant lady with his monster truck if he loses.... like you did Quinton.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way   “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 2:02 pm

No doubt... talk about taking a loss hard.... I had almost totally forgot about that....
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10292

PostSubject: Re: “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way   “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 2:06 pm

To me this fight is a joke...Rampage only has words...that's all he can bring to the table against Jones.
Back to top Go down
Billytk
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
Billytk

Standard Cash : 4686

PostSubject: Re: “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way   “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 2:28 pm

No matter what you say about either fighters skills you have to admit Rampage does have a point about Jones pouting whenever things don't go his way or when people don't do exactly what he wants, just look at the staredown with page how upset he got when Jackson wouldn't play along with his looking away gag and that's just the most recent example.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way   “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 2:49 pm

I don't think this fight is a joke at all. Once Jones get tagged by Rampage we will see an entirely different fighter IMO. No one has really brought the fight to Jones, no one has went in there and tried to take his head. I can promise you thats what Rampage is going in there to do. He's gonna put this kid to the test. Shogun should have... but clearly something wasn't right in that fight. But now we will get to see how Jon reacts to a guy out there for blood, out there to take whats his.
Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

Standard Cash : 28607

PostSubject: Re: “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way   “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 2:52 pm

Not a big fan of Jones, comes off as being a bit of a douche. Awesome fighter though Razz
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15311

PostSubject: Re: “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way   “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 3:32 pm

Chrom wrote:
I don't think this fight is a joke at all. Once Jones get tagged by Rampage we will see an entirely different fighter IMO. No one has really brought the fight to Jones, no one has went in there and tried to take his head. I can promise you thats what Rampage is going in there to do. He's gonna put this kid to the test. Shogun should have... but clearly something wasn't right in that fight. But now we will get to see how Jon reacts to a guy out there for blood, out there to take whats his.

cheers i couldnt have said it better. Jones is the future of mma more than likely but no one has really put him to the test.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way   “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 5:52 pm

Berserk wrote:
Not a big fan of Jones, comes off as being a bit of a douche. Awesome fighter though Razz

Even a douche has a purpose.
Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

PostSubject: Re: “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way   “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 6:47 pm

Krieger wrote:
Berserk wrote:

As does Herpes Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dloc
Training Dummy
Training Dummy
Dloc

Standard Cash : 4626

PostSubject: Re: “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way   “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 7:13 pm

Krieger wrote:
Berserk wrote:

Yea to clean out all the pussies! Thats what Jones is here to do!
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9470

PostSubject: Re: “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way   “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 8:55 pm

Dloc wrote:
Krieger wrote:
Berserk wrote:

Yea to clean out all the pussies! Thats what Jones is here to do!

I don't know who this guy is but I like his first post.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way   “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 11:48 pm

I think the visual image I now have in my mind has detracted from the initial post. Razz

ewwwww theres that licking tongue again!
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10292

PostSubject: Re: “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way   “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 12:11 am

I see your point, but I just don't see Rampage as being that guy to put him to the test. IMO...Rampage is completely one dimensional, he's gonna come in head hunting and Jones has too many tools to let Rampage get that big bomb in. I just think Jones is going to school Rampage.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35179

PostSubject: Re: “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way   “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 9:18 pm

Wow, that interview during the Spike event could not end soon enough.
These guys both have stones for brains and honestly made me embarassed to be an MMA fan listening to that interview.
Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

PostSubject: Re: “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way   “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 10:33 pm

hahaha I thought the interview was funny as hell! So much more interesting then GSP's interviews.

I loved how Bones was so flustered when responding to Rampage about the spy gate shit.
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7693

PostSubject: Re: “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way   “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 12:25 pm

Page will put Jones to the test.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7946

PostSubject: Re: “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way   “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 12:53 pm

i find rampage to be a relatively smart guy and an interesting interviewee. his interview with bas was awesome and interesting. jones seems a bit dumb even for his age.
as far as this fight, jones should dominate. rampage is not quick and strong enough, but i can only hope
Back to top Go down
couture fan
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
couture fan

Standard Cash : 5579

PostSubject: Re: “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way   “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 5:43 pm

Yeah, I hope this fight is gonna be competitive but rationally you know that as good as Rampage's wrestling is (against Hendo for example) Jones' is gonna win round after round dragging him to the mat and beating on him. TKO win for Jones in 3rd.
Back to top Go down
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

Standard Cash : 3770

PostSubject: Re: “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way   “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 7:27 pm

That interview on UFN was pretty bad if you're going to shit talk then at least be good at it.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59431

PostSubject: Re: “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way   “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 8:22 pm

I just can't shake the thought of Rampage pulling off the upset here. I can see him catching Jones, and Jones going down and turtling-up while Rampage jumps on him and drops bombs until he gets the ref stoppage win. All logic in my mind suggests that Jones should and will win this fight, but like I said, I can't shake the thought.....
Back to top Go down
ToyotaF1Fan
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
ToyotaF1Fan

Standard Cash : 5068

PostSubject: Re: “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way   “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 6:35 am

Chrom wrote:

The difficulty for anyone in bringing the fight to Jones is that he is huge and has such a massive reach advantage over the majority of the LHW division therefore it is hard to get inside of his defensive striking and land punches of your own. MWs have the same problem with Anderson Silva. It is interesting, outside of the LW and HW divisions the UFC is controlled by leaner lengthier fighters right now.
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 3994

PostSubject: Re: “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way   “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 3:44 pm

Rampage may have been right. Anyone catch the post fight when Rashad was in the Octagon and Jones said something to the effect of "This is the second time he's ruined my special night" and then stormed off? That was some serious pouting! IMO, Rashad's best chance is to get in Jones's head before the fight and take him off his game.
Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

PostSubject: Re: “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way   “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 4:43 pm

butterknifeninja wrote:
Rampage may have been right. Anyone catch the post fight when Rashad was in the Octagon and Jones said something to the effect of "This is the second time he's ruined my special night" and then stormed off? That was some serious pouting! IMO, Rashad's best chance is to get in Jones's head before the fight and take him off his game.

I completely agree, Rashad is already in the head of Jones and I think his speed would cause Jones problems for sure... not only that but he did train with him so he would know better than anyone about Jones is weak at. Money would still be on Jones, but if Rashad can't beat him, I don't think anyone will.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way   “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 5:13 pm

I completely missed that. I think Rashad has a damn good chance at beating him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way   “Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way Empty

Back to top Go down

“Rampage” Jackson: Jon Jones Pouts When Things Don’t Go His Way
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next