The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Jon Jones Talks Rampage Jackson, Phil Davis On The Fight Fix Vote_lcapJon Jones Talks Rampage Jackson, Phil Davis On The Fight Fix Voting_barJon Jones Talks Rampage Jackson, Phil Davis On The Fight Fix Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Jon Jones Talks Rampage Jackson, Phil Davis On The Fight Fix Vote_lcapJon Jones Talks Rampage Jackson, Phil Davis On The Fight Fix Voting_barJon Jones Talks Rampage Jackson, Phil Davis On The Fight Fix Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Jon Jones Talks Rampage Jackson, Phil Davis On The Fight Fix

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22849

Jon Jones Talks Rampage Jackson, Phil Davis On The Fight Fix Empty
PostSubject: Jon Jones Talks Rampage Jackson, Phil Davis On The Fight Fix   Jon Jones Talks Rampage Jackson, Phil Davis On The Fight Fix EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 11:38 pm

Quote :
Jon Jones sits down with CSN Washington's The Fight Fix to talk his upcoming fight with Rampage Jackson at UFC 135 and so much more.

Follow @sbnation on Twitter, and Like SBNation.com on Facebook.

Jul 11, 2011 - CSN Washington's The Fight Fix is back this week with an exclusive interview with UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones. Host Dustin Green sat down with Jones during a recent visit to Washington, D.C. Jones talked about the vibe at Greg Jackson's gym following the departure of Rashad Evans, pressure of being the champion, views on Quinton Jackson, the talent of Phil Davis and much more.

You can also see The Fight Fix at CSNWashington.com.

SBNation and Comcast SportsNet are proud to bring you The Fight Fix on BloodyElbow.com and SBNation.com/MMA every week.

Transcription:

Jon Jones Exclusive (shot at a UFC sponsored charity event in Washington D.C.)

40 secs, on his approach to MMA & new pressure now that he's the champ: "The only thing I think about now as the champion and gettin' ready for this fight is pushing myself to a whole different level. There's been times where I put [pressure] on myself in training or maybe just pushed myself to the limit of failure. But now I'm going into each exercise with the mindset of a champion. Knowing that I'm a champion. Going an even extra mile. So that's the biggest thing that I'll be thinking about. As far as opponents or pressure, I feel no extra pressure. Obviously, I always wanna perform at my best. I'm a calm, relaxed fighter. I'm predicting I'll go in there with the same attitude and hopefully we have some of the same results."

1:17, Rampage UFC 130 Post-fight soundbite on Jones: "I don't got nothin' against him as of yet, just that he has my belt.... 'Bones' Jones, that's his name right? Jon 'Boney' Jones?"

1:26, Jones on Rampage: "He has pride. He has a history. He has following. If I was him, I would call it my belt as well. Right now, I feel as it's my belt and I'm not gonna give that away. I've worked really hard to get to this point. I'm young, I'm hungry. I'm not gonna let someone who's maybe half passionate take my dreams away from me. Right now, getting hit isn't an option. I'm striving for perfection. To give Rampage everything that I've worked so hard for - I just can't allow that to happen."

2:04, on who his head coach will be & where his camp will be for 135: "There's no back with Greg, I never left him. Me and Greg Jackson, we have a great relationship. We have a great chemistry. Me and my team have a great chemistry even though the situation happened with Rashad Evans. Everybody at Greg Jackson's camp is still a family and we're gonna be moving forward. I got some of the best coaches in the world on my side. I feel great and I wouldn't abandon that for anything."

2:33, on Rashad Evans' choice to fit Phil Davis: "Rashad could've been fightin' me, but he was impatient. He decided to take a [non-title] fight against Phil Davis instead of waiting. [He] should've been patient and he would'a been fightin' me soon, but things happen. He lost his #1 contendership, but that's something that he decided to do. So it's whatever."
http://www.sbnation.com/mma/2011/7/11/2269881/jon-jones-rampage-jackson-phil-davis-mma-news

Back to top Go down

Jon Jones Talks Rampage Jackson, Phil Davis On The Fight Fix
Page 1 of 1